Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-27-12, 08:34 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

It happens to me. I recommend enjoying what it is motivating you now. Some future day your videos may be very appealing again. It's good to keep switching things up.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 08:39 AM  
DachsieDogMom

I can understand this. I think sometimes its nice to go to an actual class. It can be more motivating sometimes when you are in a room of people, the energy gets up.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 10:18 AM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I'm becoming really disenchanted with working out to videos. Over Thanksgiving I went to a circuit/metabolic/body weight (not sure what to call it!) class at my sister's gym out of town. I had a GREAT, sweat fest workout!!
You can do your own workouts like that with a Gymboss timer.

Bodyrock or Bodyripped or Zuzana uses a timer to do circuits.
Old 11-27-12, 10:53 AM  
DejaDeb

I agree that the energy of a live class beats almost anything you can do at home. That being said, I think the Les Mills DVD's (Body Attack, Body Combat, Body Pump) mimic the "real thing" quite well!
Old 11-27-12, 01:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

That's one of the nice things about VF. Yeah, it's about exercising to videos, but there are a number of people here who don't. And, that makes it about fitness and health and exercising - however you decide to fit it in!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:00 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

wow., Paideimom, you and your husband look just alike.Nice new avatar

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 05:02 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I'm becoming really disenchanted with working out to videos. Over Thanksgiving I went to a circuit/metabolic/body weight (not sure what to call it!) class at my sister's gym out of town. I had a GREAT, sweat fest workout!! I have never had that great a workout with ANY of my dvd workouts. I was exhilarated after the workout but now bummed. I've had an extra 10-15 lbs of weight hanging around forever and I kept thinking how the weight would melt off if I could do workouts like this more consistently! I however work weird hours, cant afford a gym membership (her gym was a local, non commercial place) and dont live near a gym.

How do I get out of this "what's the point of working out to these videos" rut?? Are there paper workouts, other things I can do at home that might give me that same pumped up, exhausted, sweat drenched workout high at home???
Tugger, have you seen any UGI ball clips? If not, check it out. It will leave you dreached and crawling for water..

If you want to see a real clip, email me. Maybe that would help. there are definitely sweaty home DVDS, just have to find one for you,

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 06:04 PM  
anne

I really like live gym classes, and this might be off topic, but the gym seems to make me sick! When all I did was home workouts I hardly ever got a cold--since I started working out at the y about two years ago I've been sick probably 4 times! Right now I have another really bad cold that may have turned into a sinus infection. I don't use the gym equipment (except the treadmill every once in a while), just take classes, but the workout rooms get very hot and humid and crowded. I am seriously thinking of not going back to the gym, maybe trying another gym that has better ventilation, or maybe combining outside walking with my dvds. Gym classes are great fun but I really hate being sick.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 06:05 PM  
KathAL79

I've had my moments when I'm doing few videos myself. I don't think there's anything wrong at all with moving into a new phase where you need something different, provided you can find what you need!

I agree that it's worth looking around to see if you can find live classes offered at places other than the gym: the park / plaza, workplaces, churches, community centers, etc. The nearby big city has had a fitness challenge on all year, so the mayor's office has arranged for fitness activities throughout the city; it may be worth poking around for something like that. And don't forget to keep your eyes open as you drive around; you may find a small studio or personal trainer who offers something that may fit your needs.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-12, 07:18 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I took a Pure Barre class last weekend and really, really enjoyed it. I understand how you feel. I so wish I could go more often, but it's just not feasible, both cost and time-wise. Really, exercising at home is the only thing that works for me right now, even if I'd kind of like to branch out a little!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
met-rx, met-rx 180