Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-20, 05:10 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wendy, are you on vf roost? My friend Debra is selling some 10 minute solution DVDs.
Sherry- I'm not on facebook. But thanks for thinking of me!
Old 10-18-20, 05:10 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
We will just sashay in late together Wendy!
Lol. We're the life of the party, anyway!!!
Old 10-27-20, 06:40 AM  
JAKAJB2015

VF Roost

Is this still active ? I couldn't get it to load.

Could someone post a link thank you

I have spent alot in the last year looking for the best workouts to get me back to exercising. I have over 1000 dvds if not more. I try to sell on ebay, mecari etc but they aren't moving

Thanks ! April
JAKAJB2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 12:07 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKAJB2015 View Post
Is this still active ? I couldn't get it to load.

Could someone post a link thank you

I have spent alot in the last year looking for the best workouts to get me back to exercising. I have over 1000 dvds if not more. I try to sell on ebay, mecari etc but they aren't moving

Thanks ! April
it's a private group. if you PM your user name i can try to recommend your name to be a member.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 03:51 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
HA! I was just thinking about posting a "any workouts like Body Beast?" thread, but decided against it. I know all the responses will be "P90X" and "STS" and "Kelly Coffey Meyer" and other things I already have.....
I hope Edge Booty Extreme is on that list!! It is one of my faves in this category

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Yes, a BODY BEAST 2 series is what I always hope for!! (And I don't necessarily wish to subscribe to BBOD and Hammer & Chisel never did cut it for me)! Com'on Sagi!! We're waiting (and waiting and waiting)..........
That would be most excellent!! Though I would still probably cry buckets because they don't do dvds now and I can't stream due to lack of services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
I think one of the biggest money wasters for me is trying to find the same magical sets or workouts that are my favorite. When I first bought P90X and got great results, I bought many other sets trying to find that same magic, only to be disappointed in them. I bought P90X2 and the plus series as well. They are not the same, nor did I get the same results...

I'm curious if other VFers have done the same thing. Which sets do you have that you LOVE and just can't find any duplications for?
I have a special place in my heart for P90X and P90X2 and even though they were quite different, I had excellent results/fun so chasing the dream definitely worked out for me. The Plus series just didn't have the same magic but salivating over the release was still worthwhile entertainment I would say that more often than not, I do like most of my purchases. Even if the work isn't as similar as I hoped, I have fun with new people and sets. I love revisiting favorites but much like my book collection, I make no apologies for trying new 'authors' or subjects. If I went to a different fitness class at the gym every week, most people wouldn't think twice. Dvds are typically much cheaper than comparable classes and they get more cost effective the more that you use them.

I agree that certain sets (like P90x) are magical. I don't think it is due just to the results. I think they opened up the door and showed us the possibilities and for many of us that was a golden time
Old 10-27-20, 04:12 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Yes, a BODY BEAST 2 series is what I always hope for!! (Com'on Sagi!! We're waiting (and waiting and waiting)..........
I would love this too - on DVD.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 04:18 PM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I would love this too - on DVD.

Erica
And IMO with anyone OTHER than Sagi!
Old 10-27-20, 04:25 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
And IMO with anyone OTHER than Sagi!
LOL, noooo! I love him!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 07:33 PM  
Taiga

I'd keep Sagi too---he has an old school pumping iron vibe that appeals to me
Old 10-27-20, 09:16 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Dvds are typically much cheaper than comparable classes and they get more cost effective the more that you use them.

I agree that certain sets (like P90x) are magical. I don't think it is due just to the results. I think they opened up the door and showed us the possibilities and for many of us that was a golden time
I think of DVD's that way as well. I have several VHS tapes that I have used more times than I could ever count and still use today. Those tapes don't owe me a cent! I still have several Cathes on VHS as well that i still use such as Push Pull, Supersets, IMAX2, Muscle Endurance, and all the Cross Train expresses along with a few others. So, I have never done premixes on any of those and still do them as produced. They all still make me smile.

P90X was definitely a breakthrough for me. It was like exercise finally paid off in a big way! Although, I also followed the eating plan as much as possible and that probably had as much to do with it as the exercise program. I was soooo proud of myself. Now, I get too much dread trying to do the same program for that amount of time.

I still run into great finds every now and then, so it's worth trying to find the magic again. It's like trying to find a treasure on an island. VF is like a map.

Tags
bandwagon, favorite systems, favorite workouts, fomo, vf bandwagon