Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-20, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Angie Fitness TV - Over 40 Program - Day 3 - step cardio. This one has the same warm-up and cool down as the others (I suspect they all do!) and this one also is done circuit style where the second round of the circuit is the same footage as the first. It was all basic step moves done for one minute and then switch to another movement pattern - it wasn't a choreographed step class. But, this no frills thing is working for me right now. Tomorrow is Lower Body, assuming I don't lose momentum.

I am glad I overcame my fear of Angie and tried some of her workouts. She has quite a variety on her channel.

I also did:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Challenge Day 3 and Yoga Stretch.

I'm enjoying Kassandra, too!

Brenda - nice job!

Dana - I think just moving consistently is more important than what you do - unless, of course, you are training for some event or goal - but for general health I think just being consistent is most important.

Nice job, Carol. Enjoy your day off tomorrow. I wish we got Columbus Day - but it is not politically correct, so we don't get it. At least we still get Veteran's day.....they did talk about taking that one away, but the political backlash was too much.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 09:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workout was watching my beloved OU Sooners play (and finally beat) Texas in a 4 overtime period game. I was exhausted after the game was over. That game is so fun to go to in normal times - the stadium is exactly 50% Texas fans and 50% OU fans - talk about loud and over the top excitement. In my older years, I suspect all the noise would drive me crazy, but as a young person it was quite the event.

After the game, I did

KCM - 30 MTF Home Interval Workout 1 - 30 minutes

This is Kelly's workout that utilizes whatever home cardio equipment you have - bike, treadmill, etc. - 2 minute cardio intervals and 1 minute strength intervals. It did fly by.

Donna - Nice job with Angie. So glad we still get Columbus Day (observed) - this year it actually coincides with my birthday; I'll be 64. School teachers will tell you that we all need a holiday in October. We don't get Veteran's Day off, although we do have all kinds of special events (normally). It's too close to Thanksgiving to take it off as well.

Brenda - Good job keeping moving!

Dana - Nice choices! I really like that DVD from Jessica.

Waves to Cheri, Linda & Christine!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-20, 11:22 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol wow, 500 cases? I do hope you enjoy your weekend! One of my teacher friends plans to enjoy it by doing as little as possible, lol!

Donna I will have to check into that Kassandra challenge.

Dana I just picked up that Jessica in a trade and am looking forward to doing it.

Brenda after reading your posts I realized I haven't done step in a long time. I miss it!

I also enjoyed football yesterday and finished the day off with Vytas Yoga for Strength. It was harder than I wanted starting with a tough ab sequence. As much as I adore Vytas, I'm not sure how often I will return to this one. He was pretty serious in this and not as personable as he was in 3 week Yoga retreat.

ETA: Today I did Firm Cardio Step mix. I had never done it and it's not my favorite. It did have some chapters I enjoyed but overall not what I was wanting.

Waves to Cheri and Christine!!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-11-20 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Included today's workout
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-20, 08:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday ended up being a rest day, which was actually what was scheduled on my KCM calendar. I had hoped to do a stretch, but got involved in watching an "old" movie with DS. I laugh at what's considered old these day - this movie was made in 1974. I knew he would like it if he watched it - it was The Front Page with Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Carol Burnett & Susan Sarandon. There were lots of other faces that I recognized. It's a black comedy (& definitely politically incorrect these days) and we laughed a lot.

I had a touch of gout Saturday night and Sunday as well. I didn't realize that's what it was at first, but Dr. Google confirmed that the foot pain I was having was exactly in the spot where gout usually happens. The tendency towards gout showed up in my bloodwork this summer; it must be hereditary because I don't eat or drink any of the stuff that they tell you to avoid. The meds that the doctor put me on for gout had horrible side effects so I had to quit taking it shortly after I started it. Tart cherry extract is a folk remedy though; I increased my tart cherry extract yesterday and I feel better today.

Linda - We aren't sure where the increase is coming from - the local colleges maybe? We'll get more news from the health department on Wednesday, but I imagine tomorrow's case report will be dreadful because we haven't gotten one since Friday. Today I will do a little cooking for the rest of the week and finish up the laundry, but that's about it (other than homework). Nice job with Cardio Step Mix!

Carol
Old 10-12-20, 08:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to it for a new week!

Today was:

Blessful Body (Ky Autumn) Fall into Balance Challenge Day # 1 - I have subscribed to her site on and off and I do enjoy her workouts - they are not very difficult but are definitely 'feel good' - she does a free challenge a few times a year and then opens up her membership - I will probably subscribe for a month or two after this challenge since I do enjoy her stuff. Her membership fee is $18/month which to me is a bit high - but a month or two here and there is ok.

Angie Fitness TV - Fit Over 40 Day 4 - Lower Body - this was all floorwork -thankfully! Yesterday DD and i volunteered at the horse rescue in the afternoon and I mucked stalls and handled big draft horses....so I was not up for a ton of squats and lunges this morning. So, I was glad to see floorwork on the agenda. This was set up as the others - circuit style, repeat footage, etc. Angie's cat made an appearance so that was nice to see.

Carol - Happy B'day and Happy Day off!!!

Linda - back in the day I loved Cardio Step Mix! I am not sure I can or would want to do it in its entirety but maybe a half hour would be ok!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-12-20, 03:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna mucking stalls is a workout by itself! Good for you! Yeah maybe I will try Cardio Step mix someday only doing certain segments. It was long and finishing with ab work is my LEAST favorite thing to do.

Carol we have relatives who staved off gout by eating raw cherries as long as they're in season. So that is what we do. Like they're going out of style, lol. I hope your foot gets better.

Today was BBL abs rapido plus High and Tight. I love how he offers stretches often throughout his workouts to release the tension. I have to remember to do that with other workouts that have lengthy floorwork.

Happy Monday Pilates gals!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-13-20, 05:51 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

KCM - 30 MTF Sculpting Rx Workout 2 - 35 minutes

This was a cardio sculpt workout using light weights. I had not done it before and was thinking I had it under control until we went to the floor. Kelly's floorwork was hard! One or two of the exercises I just watched. Next time I'll just do my own thing. By the time the workout was over I was sweating like a pig. KCM and the crew used 5 lb weights, I used my 3's. Long intervals of compound weight work and a few low impact cardio intervals.

Linda - Nice job with your workouts! You are making me want that set. Yes, my ex had horrible gout - he did all the things you aren't supposed to do and had it. Tart cherry juice was his remedy. The cherry extract seemed to get me back on my feet. Interesting how that works!

Donna - I'll bet you are sore after your afternoon at the horse barn.

Back to work today ~

Carol
Old 10-13-20, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, was a stretch day on Angie's 30 day challenge, but instead of that I did:

Blessful Body - Fall Into Balance Challenge Day 2 - Booty Blast Barre Fusion - this wasn't quite barre - there was only a brief standing period. It was mainly floorwork focusing on the back of the body.

Jessica Valent Pilates - Seated Arm Workout w/ Weights - this was a nice quick routine

Jessica Valent Pilates - Pilates for Scoliosis - this is a new scoliosis routine on her You Tube channel. She now has three short routines on You Tube and one longer routine on her paid site. I really should make it a point of doing them every week - they are really good for mobilizing the spine.

Yesterday I did walk the doggie - a short one as it was drizzly and damp. Hopefully today will be better!

Tomorrow I may go back to Angie, unless this little distraction has veered me off course...LOL!

Carol - nice job, is that a new KCM? I wonder, on her streaming site, can you also access her DVD workouts? We have a friend who is a vegan who gets gout all the time - so it must be more than diet...I guess...good thing the tart cherry helps.

Linda - nice workouts!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Donna
Old 10-13-20, 11:15 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Sunday: 90 min step
Monday: 20 min step
Tuesday: 90 min step

I'm in a step phase. By "step", I mean I have my square step set at 6 inches and I mostly do knee ups over and over while I watch survivor or listen to a podcast. And it's not generally 90 min. straight, just to be clear. I just don't want anyone imagining me doing Christy Taylor-type stuff for an hour and a half...

Good workouts, everyone!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 11:45 PM  
fanofladyvols

Brenda I remember when I tried to do pilates while I watched TV with other people in the room. They were so irritated. (At the time I had nowhere else to go and it was quite the battle ) I can't imagine how they would have acted if I had tried to do step...haha, I wish I had thought of it and I would have tried it!! Now I can roll like a ball and only interrupt my kitty's nap. Which brings me to my question..do you do this with others in the room?

Carol I'm glad your foot responded well. It is an oddity that it works. That Kelly workout sounds tough. It's not one I have but you have reminded me that I have a couple of new to me Kelly workouts I still need to try.

Donna thanks for the mention of that Jessica scoliosis practice..I will hunt that on YouTube!

Tuesday was CS #618 Strengthen feet and body and Caban PM pilates. I need to remember that it's the AM pilates that is more restful and the PM that is better for morning. I have noted in my dvd case this time. So far that CS is my fav from Season 6 that I have tried.

Pretty fall wishes to everyone and extra waves to Dana, Cheri and Christine.