Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-20, 12:05 PM  
Garrie A.

Today:
-Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week (Hip Openers)

Beth: Masks have to be work inside the center at all times except when exercising or swimming, according to our state guidelines.

Paine: I that final stretch in Turbo Barre! Actually, the Meso 1 leg workout I did yesterday wasn't as bad as I remembered. It was still hard but the dread started to subside about halfway. I love hot chocolate, too. A local coffee shop used to make white chocolate raspberry...mmmmm. They a also sell homemade caramel apple cider, and I had some a couple days ago. It was so good!

Sherry: I've never heard of pumpkin chili. I, of course, am a sucker for anything pumpkin so I'm going to have to look that up. My grocery store is constantly out of stock of the Ghirardelli individual dark chocolate squares. I love those, and while I don't mind buying the bars I prefer the individually wrapped squares.

Pat: The Dance and Flow class was a lot of fun, and they seemed to enjoy it. If I get great reception, I'd like to offer it every month. I'll have to try it on an evening group first, though. Paine also enabled me on Sculpture. It was the second Margaret DVD I purchased, with the first one being the Classics set.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 12:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

I am lazy today, reading a good book while I sip on my second cup of coffee.

Garrie - I enjoyed reading your step journey! I think I attempted that same Dozois/York workout that gave you PTSD, lol. I HATED it and found it so frustrating! IIRC it was called Step it Off? Dance & Flow sounds so much fun!

Paine & Sherry - I am another tea lover, I have a lot of loose teas, mainly herbal, although I do enjoy a black & green teas in the morning. I’m trying to just drink one cup of coffee in the am instead of two & then a cup of black or green tea. I love chai tea as well. There are two specialty tea stores in the city I love to visit. I tried the Nighty Nighty tea last night and I did sleep well, thanks for the suggestion!

Pat & Beth - I like skull crushers too, they are often in my KB workouts. It seems odd to me that gyms would be open and not yoga studios. I think there’d be a lot more heavy breathing in a gym than at a yoga class. Both are open here with strict rules, but I am sticking to home. I am doing my classes with a few friends in my home studio but they are distanced and I am more than 6 feet away as I’ve opened my double doors to the family room and am just outside the studio space where they can still see me.

Our trip to the city was a quick turn around to prep our condo for a 2 month rental. We stopped for a lovely patio dinner on the way home, trying to support local businesses as much as we can, but patio dining will soon be over.

I’ll be doing my workouts this afternoon which will definitely include a long walk as it’s a lovely day. I’ll post my week tomorrow, but after that I’ll start daily as the weekly thing is cumbersome.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 12:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sherry, oh my gosh, your meatless pumpkin chili and cornbread sounds delicious! I'll check out Sally's Baking Addiction for recipes. I love hearing all about your cooking and baking.

Pat, I do love Sculpture but it is Margaret's hardest workout so you might want to split it up in shorter segments when you try it.

Garrie, that white chocolate raspberry and homemade caramel apple cider sounds wonderful!

Pam, I'll have to try Nighty Nighty tea--thanks for mentioning it! My only concern about drinking tea in the late afternoon or early evening is the bathroom visits during the night, (then I have difficulty falling back to sleep). I try to drink all my fluids during the first half of the day so I don't get up at night too much.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 12:34 PM  
sherry7899

Here is the pumpkin chili recipe. I love the addition of a sweet potato:

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/ve...pumpkin-chili/

She has several cornbread recipes. I am trying this one:

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/my...ite-cornbread/

I am curious about her recipe baked in a cast iron skillet, but I can cut up and store it more easily from a baking pan.

Garrie, here is another pumpkin chili recipe. This one uses leftover turkey. I use browned and drained ground turkey instead:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...-turkey-chili/

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 03:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey all - no workout for me yesterday or today...I haven't had 2 days off in a row since the pandemic started! A number of things have seemed off the past few days, but I'm trying to be positive. And I did form a short video for my Breathing Breaks channel a bit ago if you want to "count" that towards my exercise.

Pam, yoga studios and gyms were both permitted to open in NY at the same time at the end of August; masks are required indoors at all time for both. It will feel weird teaching in a mask when I'm back in the studio for the first time on Tuesday.

Pat, I agree with Pam - gyms & yoga studios are lumped together here in NY, but if you were going to allow one before the other, I would think it would be the yoga! I haven't practiced inside yet either, but I'm going to an inside class at the new studio next Saturday.

Sherry I know some people love shopping at Walmart supercenters, but it would feel weird to me getting your grocery stuff in one area and then having to go to another section of the store for things like toiletries. We have a Wegmans so close that you can see the back of it out our front door, but compared to any of the newer Wegmans (I'm sure including all the ones in other states), ours is pretty tiny.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-20, 07:16 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

Today's Workout: Program A from Margaret Richard's Strong For Life. This is a recent reacquisition. I love the Spanish guitar music!

Gosh, all this talk about food and flavored teas is making my mouth water.

Pat58: Margaret's Good N Strong is one I am still on the lookout for. Luckily several routines from it are on Margaret's compilation DVDs.

Garrie: Your Dance and Flow class sounds really special. BTW I am sending you a PM.

Linda: Always wonderful to hear from you! So glad your man has Miss Meow Meow's seal of approval. The boys send cuddles right back. Sorry to hear about the shoulder surgery -- please keep us updated.

Waving to all -- see you tomorrow!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! What a beautiful weekend we're having. I hope to enjoy some of it in between catching up on my housework and groceries.

Yesterday we got some walking in. We strolled down a riverside boardwalk then did one mile at the community track. We won't visit the boardwalk again until things are healthier out there, because it is a tight fit and we were the only ones wearing masks. After that we went to the gym where I did my back PT, leg presses, lat pulldowns, pec deck/reverse lats machine and 15 minutes on the recumbent bike. And I got my 10,000 steps. I am sore today!

Well I better get that vacuum out and do some lunge and flow with that bad girl, yuck. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 09:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - this is the Yee DVD - Flexibility Yoga for Beginners - if anyone wants it it's yours, just let me know.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, how nice that you are near the water - although that sucks that people are not being careful. On the paths that go along the canal here (the "towpath"), people don't necessarily wear masks, but the paths are probably 10-15 feet wide, so you can stay apart (plus people usually stay right since sometimes you might have a bike whizzing by!).

One of the things I like about the new studio is it will make sure I am near the water more! Last year when I went to a class there on New Year's Day (taught by the instructor who is leaving), even though it was cold out, I paused to get some photos of the water. I want to remember being outside even when I'm not there!

Here's a funny for you all to start the week. Remember how I said that I got Sculpting Rx from the library? Well, when I went to review it, I found out I had already done so - I've gotten it from the library before! (Apparently we need those old fashioned library cards that tell you who checked out an item previously, haha.) Anyway, my review was pretty similar, luckily, although it looked like I liked the first workout more last time.

Happy Sunday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 10:36 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Checking in with Bar Method Fat Free, 20 minutes recumbent bike, 20 minutes rowing machine, and back and biceps with the man on Kik.

Beth - if you have to slack off making videos on YouTube we have plenty to pick from. The man works 12 hrs overnight, 5 on, 5 off. He works half a year He'll be here when he can. I plan to mostly be on my own, as I usually am. After those witches stole from me and locked Meow outside in the middle of the night after the hip replacement, I will not use Home Instead.

Sherrie, glad to see you. I miss all the pumpkin goodness but I will eat pumpkin pie from Costco before the surgery. It will make me sick but it will be worth it.

Garrie - I used to dread all of Cathe's leg workouts. After PT for the hip replacement Cathe's leg workouts aren't so bad. My plan is to go south to you, east to visit the man's family, then find the Blue Ridge Parkway and come home the scenic route.

Paine - Thanks, good to see you. How do you like your new home?

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote