Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-20, 08:35 AM  
JustSandra

Barefoot & On the Mat October 2020: Blue Moon Edition!

Welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On the Mat check-in!

This is a long-running check-in at VF. You will find us to be a friendly group of diverse exercisers. Like the title suggests, we love to do our workouts barefoot, which includes not only yoga and Pilates but also things like Classical Stretch/Essentrics, mobility work, qigong, barre, even sometimes weights and cardio. Some of us post daily, while others pop in as their circumstances permit. It's all good.

The welcome mat is always out -- we love hearing from new, returning and guest Barefooters!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 08:44 AM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

This month we will have a blue moon (a second full moon within a calendar month) on Halloween. How cool is that!

During September I did a loose barre/fusion rotation, choosing workouts from my collection that fit that description. I enjoyed it a lot, but am ready to move on to a new theme.

Half-hour workouts seem most doable for me. For October, I am planning to do a Margaret Richard routine 3-4x/week. I recently reacquired several Margarets and this will be a chance to go through them. Most of them divvy up well into 30-minute chunks.

However, Margaret isn't as complete as I'd like when it comes to core work and stretching. So I am also going to do an abs/stretching workout 2-3x/week. I know I have all kinds of core and stretching routines tucked away in various DVDs in my collection, so this focus will encourage me to seek them out.

Waving to all -- be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 09:12 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Simon Low (60 minute Yin Yoga practice)

I slept crap last night so I needed something gentle this morning. I did the full 1 hour practice of Simon Low's Yin Yoga and it was relaxing.

Sandra, thank you for starting our new month!
I will enjoy seeing your Margaret workouts this month. I love working out with Margaret.

Beth, I'm interested in hearing more of your teaching news when you are ready to share!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 01:14 PM  
sherry7899

Do you mind if I join? I only do yoga barefoot, though!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 02:09 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

SHERRY!!! I'd be thrilled if you joined our check-in. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. I don't care if you wear shoes or not.
Old 10-01-20, 02:14 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry you are already a member - we knew you were lurking! And we don't police anyone's shoes.

Back later with more, including a yoga announcement!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 03:13 PM  
Anny

Thank you for starting us off in October, Sandra. I love your theme for October workouts. I also find 30 minute workouts to be most doable with my schedule.

So far, it looks like I will be revisiting Yoga with Adriene’s True 30 day program for October. I reserve the right to change, of course!

Sherry, welcome!

Paine so sorry to hear about the sleep difficulties.

Beth love your comment about shoes police or the lack thereof! And am excited to hear your yoga announcement.

Friday October 2 here and it’s a long weekend with a Monday public holiday in New South Wales. The borders to South Australia have now opened to NSW (were closed at the height of the pandemic but everything seems to have calmed down now). So I’m off to Adelaide tomorrow for the long weekend to see my two sons, daughter in law and granddaughter. I haven’t seen them since January due to the borders being closed so am pretty excited to visit and to fly again!

I’ll probably do yoga while away.
Old 10-01-20, 03:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I taught Essentrics this morning & did a Pilates Barre workout on yet another app, Band. It streamed very smoothly, I was impressed. I’ll be getting in some cardio & yoga later.

Paine - I slept like crap last night too, ugh, not fun! I had to pump myself up & have strong cup of coffee to get in teaching mode.

Sandra - I am also a fan of short workouts & stringing them together if I want something longer.

Anny - Enjoy your family time!

Sherry - Glad you made the move with Pat & me.

Beth - We await your big news!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 03:52 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Anny, I'm so glad that you'll be traveling to see your family in Adelaide! Take lots of pictures for memories.

Pam, I have to have my mug of coffee every morning. I have given coffee up numerous times but for now I function better with it.
Sorry about the sleep difficulties. I wish I had a solution for us but I don't.
Old 10-01-20, 04:16 PM  
sherry7899

Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it

My workout today:

Body Project PT 1 weights/cardio circuit 32 minutes
Yoga Upload Hips and thighs practice 20 minutes

I will try to come back with personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote