Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-27-20, 05:40 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Warm Fuzzies ...

You guys make me feel sooooooooo good about my fitness journey/life. Thanks. I do still need to convince myself, but I am getting better!!! You guys ROCK! So thank you from the bottom of my heart. (and sneakers? shoes?)

Pam: Someone on one of my other places (FB group maybe?) Uses her fit tower as a stability bar set up close to her rebounder. Uses that as a makeshift bar. It works for her. I haven't used/set mine up. So far? Balance ok. But who knows. I could be fooling myself. I frequently pull my Rebounder down and use it for burpees (this is how I modify them), sometimes high impact moves and just bouncing out the lactic acid (of which there is NEVER a shortage of. lol) (I have to be careful, I feel the smiley police could hit me this a.m.)

Lili: Found a Terrific Hike with great music. I don't know if you have a treadmill (I can't keep people/equipment straight) but .... Could probably be adapted for outside too! It's a lot of fairly soft classic rock! I was singing along. It's Andy Speer's 30 minute hike from July 9, 2019 at 9:35 a.m. I enjoyed it a LOT ... (and got to use the incline on the treadmill. I consider that BONUS training while just walking it out.) Thought of you. Give it a whirl.

Helen: Never ever feel like a sloth. Many days I do the bare minimum to get credit for my EDI ____ . So do not compare. Life is way too short for that. EVER. We help each other and push each other to the next level. No comparison. Hands on our backs. All that good stuff!

Ok, on to me, me and all me. . . Where was I? and how far behind? Only 2 days. That's not too bad for me.

10/25/2020: Andy Speer's 45 minute bootcamp (Tread & weights), Andy Speer's 30 minute hike (wonderful music! got to use my incline) Sundays With Love with Ally** LIVE 30 minute class

10/26/2020:
10 Minute Warm up Run with Matt, 60 minute Endurance Run with Matt, 10 minute Cool Down run with Matt, 10 minute Runner's Stretch with (yep! you guessed it) Matt. It was a Matt Wilpers kind of day. I like to stick with the same instructor on some days. Just so they get credit, etc. This was my LONG run day. (I think Mondays may end up being the long day run). I ran a total of 6.5 miles and I'm thrilled with that. Movin' on. (So in reality? I've already done my 10k that I signed up for. I know I can do it. I just have to get faster.)

**At the end of the ride with Ally, she announced that people were asking her if she would ever have SWL swag/merchandise available in the Peloton apparel store? She announced that it was dropping as soon as the ride was over (we were on the cool down). So I hopped off, raced to my computer, looked up my $100 gift card from a referral bonus and placed an order for merchandise. I am soooo excited. They rarely have my size in the store. And when merchandise drops, it (literally) sells out in minutes. Especially in my size. I placed one order, went back a few seconds later to order a few other things and sure enough! it was sold out already. But ... I got plenty and now I'm excited for my SEVERELY OVER PRICED swag to arrive. I'm so happy. Now I can ride Sundays with love with my Ally Love uniform on!

Anyway ... gotta run. I wasn't going to do any power zone rides on recess, but wouldn't ya know it? They are offering a badge for 8 Power Zone rides in 14 days ... couldn't run it while I was in the middle of a challenge? No siree! They have to do it now and we all know, I can not resist a badge.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 01:31 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - Thanks for the recommendation for the hike. I do have a treadmill and have probably done more Peloton treadmill workouts than bike workouts. I find most of them challenging with no dread factor. Of course you needed to go for the badge! Everyone knows that!
Pam - My rebounder came with the stability bar, but it's a process to put it on, so once it's on, it stays on. And then it seems to get in the way. If I do more of these workouts, and they use it, I may put it back on. I've reached a point where I don't want to do any workout that is done at a frantic pace.

10/26 - Body Pump #108, the 30 min. version. It felt really good and made me want to do more Les Mills workouts. Then again, the last time I tried to follow one of their 3 day/week rotations, I gave up during week 2! We'll see.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 08:29 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 27:
~Essentrics barre class on Band
~7 km neighbourhood & trail walk
~VFer Toaster’s Standing Strong Yoga on YT - I really enjoyed this one!
~Steps: 12,242

Cleda - Cathe’s Fit Tower looks pretty cool! I don’t need a barre for cardio & toning on the rebounder, but it was fun doing actual barre workouts on it. There are a few on YouTube & I did a couple on the Bellicon streaming site. The rebounder adds an extra balance component. Enjoy your Peloton merch when it arrives!

Lili - I bought my Bellicon used, no t-bar with it. I am keeping an eye out for a used portable ballet barre, but it’s a long shot. I’ve never done any Les Mills workouts, but I like the 30 min length. Is it kickboxing?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 01:25 AM  
Helen

Hey all

business quickly...
Tues., 27th Oct
11min, Cathe - LITE - Bonus Extended Stretch 2
5min, Joel & Jericho - Core de Force - Relief
This was my "something" - thanks for the permission Cleda.
Wed., 28th Oct
57min, Cathe - Step Heat, 6"
was really please with my knee - added all the air until had the smallest bit of a wobble & DH said he heard the little gasp, so eased off just a tad after than and renewed my focus on form.

Since senior's final maths exams were on Monday, 3-hour exams for 4 different levels. Mon/Tue night were spent DOING the questions. Always the game to play afterwards, to know what was in the exam. All are also first-timers as there is a new syllabus. Still not finished them all, being 12 hours of exam questions!

PAM
Ooohhh, I hadn't thought of doing a barre workout on the mini-tramp - mine DOES have the handle. That's a great idea! Have a bunch of workouts for barre. Usually use a section of handrailing (mezzanine) but it's not in a good spot and (obviously) can't move to a better place.

LILI
I'd ditch a Mes Mills rotation quickly as well - see bold bit below!

CLEDA
I'm smiling at you jumping off before the cooldown to make sure you were able to grab your 'swag'. That's so cute that you'll have your "uniform".
>> this outfit?! <<

Virtual walk/rides: There are many virtual walks/rides on YouTube. You can do a tour of cities like London, Paris, Sydney... and also many trails through national parks, along beach boardwalks, rides through mountainous landscapes... I really like them when I do them, but my virgin workouts call to me with a louder voice.
If I had a treadmill, might be tempted more often. Pondering a modest sized one to put where my pushbike is currently located downstairs. I haven't used it on the trainer borrowed from buddy's DH. It's not going to be my thing.
Maybe I should just HIRE a treadmill to try one for a while.

Les Mills: I really like their workouts, so long as I don't do too many of the same kind (step, jam, flow/balance, combat, pump, vive, attack) too close together as they REALLY feel pretty much the same (formulaic). Music is generally VERY good, and instructors are super positive and excellent at what they're doing.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 04:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

LOL .... leopard print

Helen: You made me smile and laugh and almost spit out my coffee ... That's my Ally (isn't she lovely???) And she does rock the leopard print. I did get a leopard print but it's MUCH more subtle than that (and I highly doubt I'll ever wear it out of my workout room). It is PURPLE. Purple is the color of sovereignty (I think that's what she said) and we always wear it when doing Sundays with Love. Now we'll be "official".

I swore I wasn't going to comment on posts as I have to get to working out, but here I am. I must be quick. Time's a wasting!

Waves to all !!! more shout outs later. (after work)

10/27/2020: Denis Morton's 45 minute Power Zone workout for the badge. I really, REALLY REALLY thought I picked a nice easy endurance ride. Because I ran 6.5 miles the day before. I really thought I was going to take it easy. Imagine my surprise when he said, "Zone 6". I was like ... what the heck? (well that's not what I said, but you can imagine!) .... I knew I was in trouble. Too late to restart. Just need to do it and modify if necessary. I did manage 3 or 4 of the 6 blocks in zone 6 ... but then I was toast and modified. Dh laughed at me at dinner and says, "You do that quite often, don't you?" ooops .... The only plus? It counted towards the badge.

So today? I'm off to do a recovery run and an endurance ride for the badge. Really. I will make SURE it's endurance.

Gotta run (literally?)
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 07:35 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 28:
~7 km trail & oceanfront walk - I love that fresh sea air and the sound of the waves on windy day!
~Core & stretch class on Band
~Steps: 11,511

Cleda & Helen - I love that leopard print outfit & that girl sure is rockin’ it!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-29-20, 07:13 AM  
Helen

Drive by - sorry...

Thu., 29th Oct.
85min, Zosha - Pilates TV - 4 of the 5 mini-workouts, alone
buddy dipped out tonight, and she's not fond of Pilates.

Friday tomorrow... and BOY I'm looking forward to it!
Term 4 is the longest! Exams are over for the year, reports getting written, kids switched off as they know they won't get tested on what we're doing in class; which means behaviour declines.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-29-20, 10:02 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - You point out just how much work teaching is! In this country, many people look at it "you get 3 months off every year, how hard can it be?" No matter how the time off is spaced, there is so much "at home" work that many overlook. And then dealing with students and sometimes the parents. Good on you for doing what you do!
Pam - You seem to find a lot of used equipment! What a savings! The Les Mills that I did (Body Pump) is a weight workout. Like Peloton, they have a variety of formats, cycling, barre, yoga, 2 kinds of kickboxing, etc. Like Helen pointed out, they follow the same format for each type of workout, so they can become monotonous.
Cleda - One of my problems with Peloton is not knowing in advance how hard I will need to work. They have the difficulty rating, but that doesn't always align with MY difficulty rating! But, the variety is there and I usually have the time to start and abandon something if I really don't like it.

10/27 - Dog walk
Leslie's Walk Concert, 32 min.
Jessica's Stability Ball Abs & Stretch, 19 min. (Thanks Pam for mentioning this!)

10/28 - 10 Min. Solution Slim & Sculpt Pilates, the Upper Body and Lower Body sections
Keoni - Boxing Cardio
Gina B - Queen Walk ( I don't like the way she speeds up the music in this)
60 minute outdoor walk by myself.

12/15 virgins/dustbunnies

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 04:47 PM  
Helen

Quickly popping in - have read posts for my morning motivation.
It's FRIDAY!!!

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-29-20, 09:58 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Oct 29:
~Taught Essentrics
~Neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit Alchemista: Strength of Vessel
~Steps: 9147

Helen - Hope you get some well deserved R&R over the weekend! I have huge respect for teachers. They are educating the future leaders of our country & have a tough job.

Lili - I have found some good deals on used equipment & other things. One of my DILs calls me the deal queen, lol. Glad you enjoyed Jessica’s stability ball w/o. Gina B is pretty chatty, a bit much for me right now although she has good music. For some reason verbose instructors just aren’t working for me right now. I guess I’m just a little irritable. You’re just plowing through those virgins, good for you! Out of 12, how many are keepers?

Waving to our cycling superstar Cleda!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn