Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-16-20, 02:50 PM  
T2B

Chrys - glad the testing is behind you.

AnMrsDe - my step boosters are done as soon as my work day is over. I probably wouldn’t do it if I took time to eat dinner first. . I was wondering when you were going to landscape your son’s condo. I don’t know how you do it!

Yes, I hope Jane is ok, too, and just busy. Same for AsSweet.

Cher - look at you go with all that stretching/yoga. Proud of you!, slightly envious, too!

Have a great weekend!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 04:10 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
Thanks Char! I'm seriously frustrated with it, nothing seems to work (diet or exercise wise). Probably the stress of everything right now is not helping matters.
I just saw your workouts and I see that you're taking it easy. I don't know if you have a "skip the scale" day/week, but that might help. When we're focused on something so much, sometimes the body refuses to cooperate; so take a step back to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Jane, ...Seriously, I hope your calf isn't the issue and you're doing fine, just busy! Please check in!

CharM, you are not an idiot, OK? Maybe just not cut out for Tonique is all! And I sure don't need that aggravation either! I stay clear of those dread-inducing overuse workouts that cause my joints to give out and not be able to walk for a few days...say nothing about the anxiety it brings on!!! Throw them in the "SASE" pile and be done!! You crack me up!!!
Maybe she's put off entering her workouts and by this point, it'll be a chore, so she's taking a pass. I hope she's ok!

Ok, maybe idiot is harsh, lol, but trying BTM again meets the definition of insanity. I'm stubborn, though, and might keep trying it to see how far I can get. I brought my Premier dvd out of hiding, and I intend to do the lunges and squats on Sunday or Monday.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy weekend.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 11:11 PM  
Tammie M

CharM, I have only tried 1 Tonique dvd. I did all the workouts on it. The short ones were doable. The 90 minute one was not doable for me in one workout so I broke it into multiple workouts. This was difficult because it was not chaptered. Tonique is not for me. She moved very quickly and I could not keep up and also focus on form. Of course, I did not mind doing less reps than her. I found it very repetitive and it was very hard to watch what she was doing. There were very few verbal cues so you had to watch to know when to switch sides and when to switch to a new exercise. I had decided if I did any of the workouts again that I would try to switch sides in the middle of the exercises. I think she does about 40 or 50 reps for each one. Then I thought of a better use of the dvd - I gave it to my daughter-in-law. I'm not sure if she likes it or not.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-20, 06:17 AM  
Cher

Char, I always get such a chuckle out of your workout descriptions!

AnMrsDe ugh, no words of wisdom for staying in yin poses. Some days are better than others but it is hard to do. My mind wanders a lot. I just try to listen to Travis stories and sometimes it helps.....and other times all I hear is “blah, blah blah” and think how much longer for this one (especially in an uncomfortable pose)! Lol. Another solution is try the F&B Bonus. It’s only 30 minutes and pretty decent. I see myself still doing this one in the future to fit in a little yin yoga.

Chrys, wow, what a tiring sounding day!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-20, 05:01 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
CharM, I have only tried 1 Tonique dvd. I did all the workouts on it. The short ones were doable. The 90 minute one was not doable for me in one workout so I broke it into multiple workouts. This was difficult because it was not chaptered. Tonique is not for me. She moved very quickly and I could not keep up and also focus on form. Of course, I did not mind doing less reps than her. I found it very repetitive and it was very hard to watch what she was doing. There were very few verbal cues so you had to watch to know when to switch sides and when to switch to a new exercise. I had decided if I did any of the workouts again that I would try to switch sides in the middle of the exercises. I think she does about 40 or 50 reps for each one. Then I thought of a better use of the dvd - I gave it to my daughter-in-law. I'm not sure if she likes it or not.
Funny that what you mentioned was talked about by Sylwia in workout 2. She says something about slowing down, as she slowed down just a little, explaining that she tries to go slow but gets too excited and speeds up. She also said that because of her excitement, she might lose count (no kidding!). I think most had 30, but some were 40 (or more?) while another was under 30 but not by much. And yes, I miss a rep when I don't know that she's starting a new exercise. This is not as much of a problem in Tonique Premier, which I did today (not all!). The voiceover tells us how many reps are left and that we'll move on to a new exercise. I wonder if your DIL has used, or continues to use, it, or if she's passed it along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Char, I always get such a chuckle out of your workout descriptions!
haha thanks!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 04:26 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Hi everyone!!

Just wanted to check in to let you know I’m alive. I’m definitely not doing any scary workouts this October. I’ve been having some shoulder/neck pain, feels like a nerve issue more than a muscle pull. So I’ve just been doing light workouts and spinning, but I’ve really been slacking on my workouts. Sounds like I need a check-in Anyway, my shoulder has been feeling better and I subscribed to Yvette’s streaming service today so I’ll be back at it. Sore but back at it anyway. Waves to everyone!!!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 07:50 PM  
clerkin11

Glad to see you back Jane!

I have a sore neck/shoulder that I keep re-injuring. It's so frustrating!
Lately, when Cathe does shoulder work, I won't go any heavier than 5 lbs on my left side. But then I'll find it's not just shoulder presses that hurt that area, but also bicep curls (if I go heavier) or push ups.
So mostly I've been trying to do more walking.

As long as we don't stop completely (for too long), I think we'll be ok.

Streaming Yvette sounds intense!! But also fun!
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 09:51 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've walked 3 miles the last 3 days - twice at my parent's house and once at home on the treadmill. It was nice to see them after several months.
clerkin, I'm sorry your neck/shoulder have been hurting. That's miserable.
Jane, glad you are back and your shoulder is feeling a bit better.
Tammie, giving the dvd to your daughter in law does sound like a good use for it
Cher, I think that's my problem with yoga - I hear blah, blah, blah and wonder how much longer in the post
CharM, I think I'm convinced to avoid Tonique workouts now
T2B and AnMrsDe, I hope you both had a great weekend!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 09:13 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Happy Birthday AnMrsDe!!!!!!

I hope you have a fun and fabulous day planned!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 09:26 AM  
amg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you AnMrsDe!!! I hope you have a great day!

Tags
just the workouts