sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 08:54 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Recorded. Watching now.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 08:58 PM  
Carol K

I haven't watched it yet, but remember that the show won't all take place in current times. I just watched The Connors and they've got the full reality of the pandemic going on on that show. It was funny and depressing at the same time.
Old 10-28-20, 09:31 AM  
cttx31

I thought it was very good, but some of it seemed very similar to what was shown before. I was confused, wondering if Rebecca got lost two separate times. It was only until I went back and read a recap of the show before that, that I remembered that in that show, when Rebecca was getting lost, it was really in the future (Aug 2020, which is what they showed last night.) So she only got lost once (so far.) The previous episode took place Thanksgiving, 2019. She went out then but didn't get lost, but they showed a scene from the future (now present) when she did get lost.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 09:33 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I haven't watched it yet, but remember that the show won't all take place in current times. I just watched The Connors and they've got the full reality of the pandemic going on on that show. It was funny and depressing at the same time.
I do not know why I keep watching The Conners. I think the writing is lousy. I love John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf. I think that is the only reason I still watch.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 10-28-20, 09:34 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttx31 View Post
I thought it was very good, but some of it seemed very similar to what was shown before. I was confused, wondering if Rebecca got lost two separate times. It was only until I went back and read a recap of the show before that, that I remembered that in that show, when Rebecca was getting lost, it was really in the future (Aug 2020, which is what they showed last night.) So she only got lost once (so far.) The previous episode took place Thanksgiving, 2019. She went out then but didn't get lost, but they showed a scene from the future (now present) when she did get lost.
I knew the time frame, but it can throw you off since Rebecca was wearing a coat in August!

Old 10-28-20, 09:39 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I do not know I keep watching The Conners. I think the writing is lousy. I love John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf. I think that is the only reason I still watch.
This is only the third episode I've seen. I don't have time to watch every episode of anything except Masterpiece and Y&R.
Old 10-28-20, 09:51 AM  
sherry7899

I follow very few new shows, so I do watch every episode.

Old 10-28-20, 10:05 AM  
Gams

I have never seen this show but the preview they kept showing where the one guy says to the other guy that the worst day of his life was when they brought him home bothers me every time I see it. I keep thinking, “Why are you so mean?”
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 10:13 AM  
Carol K

He isn't always mean. Sometimes he's really nice.

Tags
favorite tv shows, this is us