Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-14, 08:06 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Cathe's comments about Collage

Cathe posted about Collage going out of business and how much it had impacted her business. She said if not for Collage, she might not have started her business.

I found Cathe through Collage, way back when. Had it not been for Collage, I would never have found Cathe or Gin Miller, or Kari Anderson, Karen Voight, and many others over the years.

I do, however, recall that Cathe and Collage went through a rough patch, and Collage stopped selling Cathe's videos.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 08:15 PM  
Mandy

I found out about Cathe through Collage too. It was her Step Heat VHS. After that, I was in love with step.

In fact, if it wasn't for Collage the only workouts I would have are Kathy Smith and The Firm.
Old 03-13-14, 08:21 PM  
PhyllisG

I had called collage after doing the classic firms exclusively forever and asked them to suggest some other workouts and they recommended Cathe. That was the beginning of a long relationship with Cathe.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 08:34 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I had called collage after doing the classic firms exclusively forever and asked them to suggest some other workouts and they recommended Cathe. That was the beginning of a long relationship with Cathe.
Same thing for me, Phyllis!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 08:44 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I also found Cathe through Collage. This was before I joined VF. I remember also noticing CIA videos in their catalog.
Old 03-13-14, 08:54 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I hope it is OK to quote Cathe here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathe
Today I want to express my gratitude to Collage video! As many of you may already know, Collage Video announced this past Tuesday that after 27 years of dedicated service, they are going out of business. When I first heard the news I was so shocked. Collage Video has been a very special part of my fitness history. If it weren't for Collage Video I’m not sure I would have started my own business. Collage had a very unique business which hugely impacted the fitness industry and helped bring integrity to the exercise video business. With their doors closing, I feel like I’m losing a dear friend in my fitness family….Jill and Jim, I will miss you dearly!!!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 02:02 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Helen, I found CIA through Collage, too. Collage started before there was the internet, so their catalogs were the only source of information about videos that were not sold in stores.

It feels like the end of an era.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 06:24 AM  
bk1

I only started using videos around 2001, and I'll miss Collage greatly... I was saving up to buy a few for my birthday (next Friday), so I bought the dvd's up very quickly when I saw the email that they're going out of business.
bk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 07:35 AM  
AZY
VF Supporter

Same as many others. I only had those expensive Firm videos that I had originally discovered at Blockbuster, and one day received a Collage catalog in the mail. Remember looking at Cathe ads and thinking they were way too advanced, but talked to a nice rep who encouraged me to try StepMax. It kicked my butt, but started me on to my collection. The other initial ones I tried were the original Bryan Kest trio - fun memories of my friend and I falling all over the place trying to twist into those very unnatural positions, having absolutely no yoga experience at the time....ah those younger days a very long time ago....will miss their catalogs and their unique, kind way of presenting information. :-) Anne Y
AZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 10:20 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Helen, I found CIA through Collage, too. Collage started before there was the internet, so their catalogs were the only source of information about videos that were not sold in stores.

It feels like the end of an era.
Abby,

Greg wrote something on Facebook too. I don't know if I'm allowed to quote it here. He also mentioned how Collage played an important role in the success of his business and the success of his clients. Then a bunch of instructors like Franny, Seasun, etc. commented on his post.

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com