Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-13, 07:42 AM  
Diana3271

Question If I wanted 1 Jillian Michaels workout

which one should I get? I'm not interested in a whole set (Body Revolution, etc). Which workout seems the most effective and Jillian is calm (for Jillian ) I was thinking No More Trouble Zones, but I'm not familiar with her workouts. TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 07:46 AM  
roz

Well, I'm not sure what you're looking for-- but I guess most of her workouts are a combination of cardio/strength. I think her best workout is No More Trouble Zones. I think her more recent workouts have too many exercises that seem to be novel for the sake of being novel. Thirty Day Shred would be my second choice. But really, I think NMTZ is excellent and well worth the price-- especially considering how cheaply it can be picked up.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 07:56 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Diana,

It does depend on what you're looking for.

I agree that NMTZ is one of my favorites of Jillian's. I also love BFBM and 6 week/6 pack abs. 30 Day Shred is good as well. Each workout is good in its own way.
Old 01-03-13, 08:12 AM  
workoutjunkie

Politely butting in, not with an answer to your question, but just want to say a friend at work just gave me NMTZ to try out. I didn't know what to think at first, haven't done any of Jillian's workouts, but now I'm anxious to try it (just have to fit it in amongst my new XTrains).
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 08:14 AM  
Tugger31

I have most of Jillian's except for her really, really early stuff and her latest Body Revolution. My vote would definitely be for NMTZ's. I feel I could get rid of the others and just keep this one.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 08:22 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by workoutjunkie View Post
Politely butting in, not with an answer to your question, but just want to say a friend at work just gave me NMTZ to try out. I didn't know what to think at first, haven't done any of Jillian's workouts, but now I'm anxious to try it (just have to fit it in amongst my new XTrains).
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! NMTZ is a good, thorough, solidly intermediate workout. You can up the poundage to make it harder.

I would still say that 6 week/6 pack abs is my favorite of hers though. The name is misleading. It's a great core/ab workout, but you aren't just working core and it has some different, effective moves.
Old 01-03-13, 08:29 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

My vote would be for Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. That is my favorite Jillian. NMTZ is good, too, but since it's toning and not really cardio I rarely do it. I have other strength workouts I prefer, I guess. BFBM gives a nice cardio punch. Like Jeanne Marie, I really enjoy 6 week 6 pack, too. 6w6p has two 30 minute workouts instead of the 45 min one on BFBM if you wanted something shorter.

I agree with roz that her newer workouts had some awkward moves that didn't do much for me. Novel for the sake of being novel is about right.
Old 01-03-13, 08:38 AM  
JP44

I'd vote for Ripped in 30. I consider it an updated 30DS and it has 4 workouts on it so it's an excellent value. It's Jillian's vintage 3-2-1 program so you can see what that's all about. (3 min. strength, 2 min. cardio, 1 min. core) Each round goes by very quickly and she usually changes exercises within each segment.

I also like BFBM but it's just cardio. I disliked NMTZ and 6 wk 6 pack and sold both of them w/ no regrets.

Another thought would be Killer Buns & Thighs if you wanted a lower body focused workout. There are 3 diff. levels and it has a cardio effect & she includes some core work w/ her exercise selections.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 08:51 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
It's Jillian's vintage 3-2-1 program so you can see what that's all about. (3 min. strength, 2 min. cardio, 1 min. core) Each round goes by very quickly and she usually changes exercises within each segment.
What is the structure of JMBR? Does she still do the 3-2-1 or is is laid out differently?

ETA: Not intending to hijack!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 08:55 AM  
Diana3271

Thanks for the replies! So, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is basically a cardio workout? No weights are used? I looked at the time line at Collage and saw Floor Aero/Tone Intervals and automatically thought it used weights.

I'm interested in something that is a total body workout, cardio added in is fine. I'm not wanting an area specific workout (ex: abs or lower body).

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote