Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-11, 06:06 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar View Post
I agree that in this case, Collage is doing everything it can to help the situation. I do find it interesting, however, how many people are so completely devoted to Collage that they found it necessary to defend a company. I doubt the original poster would get that kind of response if the poster had mentioned a problem with Amazon instead, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8 View Post
I agree w/ Donna NOT COLLAGES fault that jillians DVD is flawed & they will make good. I would edit the title of this thread to "annoyed with jillians DVD"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgen View Post
Mary replaced a DVD that had a glitch even though I had it several months, no questions, very helpful.

My shopping experiences with Collage go back a long time and are totally positive, ditto Amazon.

Re why someone should not post about their positive viewpoint of a company being negatively referenced for everyone to see is beyond me. (Rhymes.)

It is not Collage's fault that a DVD had a glitch. To title a thread in a manner indicating Collage was at fault does not support the facts so perhaps that was why there were Collage defending posts.
I buy from both Collage and Mary; therefore I am not completely devoted to Collage. I would have posted the same response had the problem been with Mary's inventory.

The reason I found it "necessary to defend a company" was because of the following statements.

[QUOTE=bfit;1774246] Obviously, Collage has a flawed batch of them and won't admit it. I'm especially annoyed that they said they would watch it to make sure it was OK, and it obviously isn't. This isn't just a small "skip" - it's a major freeze that anyone would notice. QUOTE]

Not true - Collage has admitted to having a flawed batch. They did test replacement copies before they were sent out.

I too wish the original poster would change the title of the thread. Collage doesn't deserve the negative publicity on something that is not their fault.
Donna D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 09:52 AM  
mamaste

If it helps, Gaiam produced Jillian's latest DVD. There was a recent problem with Firm Zero in Ten (Also produced by Gaiam) having the same glitch.
Old 04-23-11, 10:11 AM  
mtnmom

This thread died a natural death 3 weeks ago. Why was it brought to the forefront again?

I hope the OP got her problem solved.
Old 04-23-11, 10:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
This thread died a natural death 3 weeks ago. Why was it brought to the forefront again?

I don't think modifying a title for a thread that had died that natural death is really necessary...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 10:43 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post

Perhaps lindseylu8 was catching up with reading threads - I don't think there are any VF rules about posting to older threads.
Old 04-23-11, 11:46 AM  
bfit

update on Collage Video from the OP

I am the OP for this thread. I apologize if I upset anyone with either the title of my original post or its content. My original intention was not to say bad things about Collage but just to "vent" about this situation and find out whether anyone else had a similar experience. I've been a Collage customer for many years too, have generally had excellent service, and was especially disappointed that this problem with Ripped in 30 couldn't seem to be solved.

It bothered me that they kept sending defective copies rather than looking into whether the entire batch might be defective. In the end, Collage sent me three copies of the DVD that were all defective, even after they said they had watched them before shipping them out. I tried them on several different DVD players so I'm sure it was not an issue with my player.

Finally, I asked for a refund which I promptly received, and they sent me a free t-shirt as a gift with a card thanking me for my patience. I thought that was very gracious and something that they didn't have to do. I have ordered again from Collage since this happened and don't intend to "take my business elsewhere" because of this.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 11:54 AM  
Donna D

bfit - glad everything was resolved to your satisfaction!
Old 04-23-11, 12:28 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
Perhaps lindseylu8 was catching up with reading threads - I don't think there are any VF rules about posting to older threads.
No there is no rule for this, I've often seen threads much older (years!) coming to page one. My issue was that I felt if someone thought Collage was being raked over the coals needlessly, then I couldn't understand why they would resurrect the thread doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Finally, I asked for a refund which I promptly received, and they sent me a free t-shirt as a gift with a card thanking me for my patience. I thought that was very gracious and something that they didn't have to do. I have ordered again from Collage since this happened and don't intend to "take my business elsewhere" because of this.
I'm glad they made it right in the end and sorry you went through such frustration in the meantime.
Old 04-23-11, 01:49 PM  
DebbieRN

Very timely thread for me since I just picked this up from my mailbox last night. Didn't feel like even previewing a Jillian on a Friday night, so doing it now.

I went straight to week 2 and yay! it doesn't freeze. Lots of mountain climbers, planks, and love the crow pushups. Jillian's personality is just perfect for me too--not too over the top, not fake or annoying, very motivating.

I purchased from Amazon and played it in my Panasonic portable, so will try my two other DVD players, but should work. Usually buy from Amazon or Mary and both have accepted defective DVDs back from me. I appreciate the thread revival, thanks.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 04:00 PM  
afirmrose

I am glad this thread was bumped up as I had not heard about the defect earlier. Where in week 2 is the flaw? I recently received this in trade so I hope mine is okay.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, defective dvd, jillian michaels, ripped in 30