Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-13-09, 08:53 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleGuy View Post
If you define results as rolling on the ground sweating, trying to cool down and catch your breath.....LaloFit delivers!
LOL, well those are some kinda results all right!

Mmm, this does look tempting...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 12:59 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

I did this for the first time today after getting it in a trade (thanks, tacobelle!). I LOVED it! I like this whole movement of men's fitness DVD's set in dank, dark gritty locales with rock music. Even Lalo's shadows are good looking; I spent a lot of time wondering what else he does to keep himself so fit.

I only had #2's and #3's dumbells with me, so I held them together to make #5's for most of the workout. There would occasionally be places I wished I had 8's and sometimes I went down to the 3's, but overall the 5's were okay. The pace of the standing routine was slower, which I like, so the focus is form. There are balance postures, which I like. It is easy to follow. The end had a lot of pushups, burpees, and spider pushups (I don't like!). My HRM had me at 373 calories, which is, for me, pretty respectable for a 50 min. workout like this that doesn't contain loads of cardio.

I didn't notice the freeze technique. It's not like Taebo Flex. I know that's his thing, but I didn't really see or do many freezes, just a nice, slow & controlled pace.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 12:44 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I have only done this DVD once and liked it a lot. It brings a little different flavour to my collection of workouts.
My butt and abs were sore the next day. I didn't go as low into the squats as Lalo did but I tried freezing the moves as he suggests and I had to really think about it to do it that way as my natural inclination is to keep the move flowing smoothly. The focus is pretty much shoulder and lower body and I stuck with 5lbs for most of it.
The motivational tips were ok but the best thing he said was 'the first in the series' So more workouts are coming somewhere down the track.
I'm looking forward to trying the spanish language and the music only options.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 03:26 AM  
MuscleGuy

I'm still loving LaloFit! I'm using 8# - 10# dumbells now, so I don't have to use my pink ones anymore.

For me, Music Only is still the way to go. It's easy to follow without the voice-over anyway.

MuscleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 05:20 AM  
TracyQ

After 3 1/2 months of STS I was looking for a new workout to compliment the kettlebell rotation I had planned. I decided to take a chance and try Lalofit. I ordered it from TotalFitness and got it on sale for $17.95 with free shipping last week. I've only done it once but really liked it. I did Kettlebell swings during the chapter breaks (recommended by VF member Macska). It was very intense. I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Tracy
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 07:43 AM  
TerryMia

Love this one!
TerryMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 10:40 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I figured DH would like Lalofit because it's so uncomplicated. He just tried it. He used 8's and sometimes 5's. He didn't make it all the way through the floor work (hasn't exercised in a while), but he burned a LOT of calories. Even though he doesn't like to exercise and he found this *very* challenging, he said he really enjoyed himself. This doesn't happen often. He also liked the voiceover because he has trouble hearing what most instructors are saying when they're breathing heavily.

I was so taken by Lalo I read his blog yesterday and saw he had a back injury just before filming. I hope he comes out with more DVD's in the future.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 11:05 AM  
laperez25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I figured DH would like Lalofit because it's so uncomplicated. He just tried it. He used 8's and sometimes 5's. He didn't make it all the way through the floor work (hasn't exercised in a while), but he burned a LOT of calories. Even though he doesn't like to exercise and he found this *very* challenging, he said he really enjoyed himself. This doesn't happen often. He also liked the voiceover because he has trouble hearing what most instructors are saying when they're breathing heavily.

I was so taken by Lalo I read his blog yesterday and saw he had a back injury just before filming. I hope he comes out with more DVD's in the future.
I also hope he comes out with more DVDs I really enjoy this one.

·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·
·´¨*·.¸¸ Ivy ¸¸.·*¨`·
·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·
laperez25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 11:44 AM  
lapis
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laperez25 View Post
I also hope he comes out with more DVDs I really enjoy this one.
He is ........ I received a personal note from him which stated that there will be a Lalo Fit #2.
lapis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 12:17 PM  
acescholar

You guys are making me think I should give this workout a second chance before trading it!

I liked it well enough; in fact, I thought the second half was really good.

But, the first half felt like more of what I already do a lot of -- lunges, high knee jogging, and side squats. So, I decided half way through I'd put it up for trade.

I too got the glute doms, and there's no denying Lalo is easy on the eyes. Hmmm, maybe I'll try it one more time before deciding.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lalo fuentes, lalofit