Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-20, 02:45 PM  
Erica H.

Big hugs to all of you struggling.

I have been stress eating like crazy the past few days between the covid numbers getting worse, political drama, and waiting on some medical test results. Help!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 07:37 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Gigi- Thank you for your condolences, and a big hug to you as you mentioned being in a deep funk during the pandemic! But it does sound like you are doing better and just continue to block those negative people out!!! I do have to ask, what workouts are MBF and MBFA?
Muscle Burns Fat and Muscle Burns Fat Advanced on Beachbody. I was in such a funk that I joined Beachbody streaming and had to pay to have early access to these workouts as they won't become available to subscribers until December. It was worth it to me because it did get me out of my funk, though I had to start it 3 times before I could actually go through it due to Covid then falling and injuring my foot. I did the entire program. Now I started with Cathe's Perfect 30 but tonight I did MBF Week 1 Total Body Burn. And thank you....the funk is real but we have to keep fighting!
Old 10-27-20, 07:38 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post

I have been stress eating like crazy the past few days between the covid numbers getting worse, political drama, and waiting on some medical test results. Help!

Erica
I'm sorry Erica. I feel you on the stress eating. That is always my go to unfortunately.
Old 10-27-20, 07:39 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Bluebelle, Sharon Salzberg often offers walking meditations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHNl4imLCqE

Angela (Gigi), HUGS to you and best wishes for your continued healing.
Thank you!
Old 10-27-20, 07:57 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I'm sorry Erica. I feel you on the stress eating. That is always my go to unfortunately.
Thank you. It makes no sense since it only adds to the stress/anxiety/depression that I'm experiencing. But it's so soothing and distracting while I'm doing it...

Erica
Old 10-27-20, 09:12 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:

Erica
This is me exactly! And I agree that it only adds to my anxiety, when I know I would feel so much "better" about myself if I stopped. But I have started telling myself that we are living through a once-in-a-lifetime situation, and anyway we can get though is all that matters now.

Yikes, I can't imagine waiting 90 minutes for a grocery pickup. The most I ever waited back in April was about 20 minutes. Now it's about 5 or so. I have been very happy with the quality of food. I discovered a local farmer's stand (closed for the season now) that took pre-orders by email, so I would get fresh farm produce and eggs every week by curbside pickup.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Thank you. It makes no sense since it only adds to the stress/anxiety/depression that I'm experiencing. But it's so soothing and distracting while I'm doing it...
Erica, you might try making a list of other things that are also soothing. Your list would include anything that works for you, even if it only works some of the time - e.g., going for a walk, taking a bath, painting your nails, reading a book, watching funny YouTube videos, whatever. Then if you feel like stress eating, you could choose to try one of the other things first to see if it helps.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 03:09 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:

Erica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
This is me exactly! And I agree that it only adds to my anxiety, when I know I would feel so much "better" about myself if I stopped. But I have started telling myself that we are living through a once-in-a-lifetime situation, and anyway we can get though is all that matters now.
I totally relate to this, Erica and Paula. I have never weighed as much as I currently do. Wearing sweats all the time also makes it easier to ignore a growing waistline. I avoided the scale for a while, because seeing the numbers upsets me, but I am now keeping a closer watch on them. I lost 1 pound last week, which is better than gaining one. I eat well all day, and then blow it at night by snacking. I am now trying to snack with healthy foods.

I want to keep myself as healthy as possible during the pandemic, so that I don't need to go to a doctor or hospital. I also don't want to go to a dentist, so I have a thorough teeth cleaning routine every day.

I have been getting groceries delivered, and it's been great. I use Amazon Whole Foods, Fresh, and Stop and Shop. I cook a lot, and like to keep a variety of foods on hand.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 04:49 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post

Yikes, I can't imagine waiting 90 minutes for a grocery pickup. The most I ever waited back in April was about 20 minutes. Now it's about 5 or so. I have been very happy with the quality of food. I discovered a local farmer's stand (closed for the season now) that took pre-orders by email, so I would get fresh farm produce and eggs every week by curbside pickup.
Wow, that's incredible about your grocery pickup! I stopped using ours because it wasn't worth the time/hassle and now I just shop and take the extra risk involved. When I waited for the 90 minutes, I had to leave the car and go in the store and use the restroom anyway.

Quote:
Erica, you might try making a list of other things that are also soothing. Your list would include anything that works for you, even if it only works some of the time - e.g., going for a walk, taking a bath, painting your nails, reading a book, watching funny YouTube videos, whatever. Then if you feel like stress eating, you could choose to try one of the other things first to see if it helps.
I do like reading and doing things on the internet, but they are both triggers to snack mindlessly! I need to find something that keeps my hands busy, too. Going for a walk makes me feel like I'm hungry when I'm done. I do need to find something to distract me from the snacking/stress emotions. I do find that once I get away from the kitchen and temptation for a while, the craving stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I totally relate to this, Erica and Paula. I have never weighed as much as I currently do. Wearing sweats all the time also makes it easier to ignore a growing waistline. I avoided the scale for a while, because seeing the numbers upsets me, but I am now keeping a closer watch on them. I lost 1 pound last week, which is better than gaining one. I eat well all day, and then blow it at night by snacking. I am now trying to snack with healthy foods.
Great job losing that pound and making the effort to eat healthier!

Erica
Old 10-28-20, 08:10 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Wonderful advice :-)

Tags
coronavirus, covid, covid-19, exercise routines, pandemic