Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-20, 06:31 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

tangerine - hope you’re doing well. I’m sure you are busy with school from home. Strength to parents with school age kids and to our teachers.
Hi T2B! I'm doing okay, really finding it difficult to fit in exercise lately.

I spend most of the day keeping my daughter on track with the online classes, making sure she is paying attention and completing assignments. I get a couple of hours in the afternoon that I can potentially exercise in but usually I'm too worn out or have work to get done so it's a tough choice. Exercise is not winning at the moment, but just trying not to lose much strength. The scale has stabilized, so I guess slacking off is working in that respect anyway.

AnMrsDe, glad you had a good birthday day!

Char, your descriptions are always amusing but extra amusing this month!

Tammie, I can't stand Tonique either, I much prefer the Barlates-ized version of it. I'm glad Linda shows us some other workout styles through her 'lens'.

Clerkin, Jane
hope your shoulders get better soon!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 10:07 PM  
cdayley

3 mile walk for me today.
Tangerine, I get many calls from parents who are struggling to get their kids to do their online school work. It's such a tough year.
T2B, bulbs are super easy and make such pretty flowers.
Amg, I'm so sorry about your son's fall. That must have been terrifying to see. I'm so glad he wears a helmet.
AnMrsDe, I have dense tissue as well. Much less pain now, so it's going away.
CharM, I was thrilled to find the Cathes that quickly.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:15 AM  
Cher

My sister got bad news.....her cancer is active again. (Don’t remember if any of you knew she has kidney cancer.......it’s been in remission for about 5 years). We’re not sure what exactly the next step is. Possibly surgery. We are not sure how bad it is yet. It did not show up in her CT scan in Sept but her back was hurting then and has just gotten worse so she called her doctor back and insisted something was wrong. (Her original doctor retired in June so she has a new doctor....Sept was the first time she had gone to the new doctor). This doctor sent her for an ultrasound which showed nothing so my sister insisted on an MRI. Thank goodness for her persistence because the MRI is what showed the cancer.

Also, I have a cousin who is in the hospital and is very sick and in ICU (not for Covid). They are not exactly sure what is wrong but he’s not doing well. He is 31 years old and was a preemie baby and had to have a shunt put in when he was a baby. He has had so many surgeries over the years with replacement shunts and adjustments to it over the years. He has been sick off and on a lot more over this past summer and my aunt has had him to the hospitals numerous times without them figuring out what was the cause. Finally a few weeks ago she took him back to the hospital and insisted they admit him. They finally found out he has an infection in his blood. He had a surgery to take out part of his shunt a few weeks ago (the part that went to his heart) and a couple days ago they took out the rest in his brain. He was doing okay the first 2 days after surgery but then took a turn for the worst and does not know my aunt or uncle right now. We’re hoping this is temporary but do not know.

Please keep my sister and my cousin in your prayers.

Enough downer stuff from me now.....ready to catch up.

Chrys, ouch sorry to hear about the cysts. I hope you are feeling better now. Congrats on your Perfect 30 purchase already.

AnMrsDe, sounds like a fun birthday! I can’t believe the baby is already 1! Wow, time flies. Glad you are enjoying your leaf blower! Snow!?!? Yikes! Keep it there! Lol

AMG, oh my gosh! That is so scary about your son! I’m so glad to hear he only ended up with minor injuries.

T2B, yes, I’m back to in-person WW meetings. Our meeting is limited to I think 25 people. Our meeting room is pretty big and they have chairs spaced out with tape on the ground and you are not allowed to move them. I think our meeting room could sit about 125 people in the old days. I need to go to keep me accountable. I hated the virtual meetings. They just did nothing for me.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Cher - I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles of loved ones around you.

Chrys, best wishes with your cysts.

Everyone stay safe and have a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 01:48 PM  
amg

T2B - My son did black out for a few seconds but he was up and holding his arm almost immediately. We have been watching him for signs of a concussion but thankfully nothing so far. I am just so thankful he is fine. Another good thing is that he plans to now wear his helmet when riding around our house too.

Cher - I am so sorry to hear about your sister and your cousin. They will be in my prayers. Glad they were both proactive in pushing doctors to realize that something serious was happening.

Waves to everyone
Old 10-27-20, 06:44 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg View Post
T2B - My son did black out for a few seconds but he was up and holding his arm almost immediately. We have been watching him for signs of a concussion but thankfully nothing so far. I am just so thankful he is fine. Another good thing is that he plans to now wear his helmet when riding around our house too.

Cher - I am so sorry to hear about your sister and your cousin. They will be in my prayers. Glad they were both proactive in pushing doctors to realize that something serious was happening.
amg - that's super scary. I'm glad he's ok and it's good that you're monitoring him for concussion; keep an eye on that, sometimes there are symptoms a couple of weeks later. My uncle is watching my little cousin who fell and hit her head on cement after running around the pool. (she knew better, first time she'd ever done that) The doctor's said she should be ok and she says she's feeling fine, but we still worry.

Cher, I'm sorry to hear that your sister and cousin are not well. And I second what amg said, that they insisted that something be done. Too many times people are afraid to speak up, thinking that the doctor knows best, but we know our bodies and can sense when something's not right.

T2B, Jillian Michaels Hot Body, Healthy Mommy on the 25th
Jane, thank you for the link!

take care, ladies!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 05:39 AM  
Cher

Thank you Pat, amg, & Char. Still no word yet from my sister’s doctor and my cousin is still getting worse. They are changing his medication. We are hoping what is happening has something to do with that but we just don’t know.

Char, that must’ve been scary about your little cousin. Glad to hear she is doing okay now.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 10:25 AM  
amg

CharM - Thanks for mentioning to keep monitoring My son for a couple of weeks. I was thinking just a week. So glad your little cousin is ok. It is so scary when it happens.

Cher - Sorry your cousin is getting worse. Definitely keep us updated and I will continue to pray for him and your sister.

Hurricane Zeta is going to hit here late this afternoon so I am expecting to be without power tonight and maybe tomorrow. Just praying there are no tornadoes in the area.
Old 10-28-20, 10:26 AM  
AnMrsDe

Hi ladies!

Amg - So glad your son is doing ok with minor injuries after that! This month is the SCARY WORKOUT Month for us - not any family members! It's hard on us mothers too when stuff like that happens! I guess the positive side of it is that he knows the importance of wearing his helmet always! ETA: I will pray you stay safe with the hurricane...thanks so much for the heads up! Take care!!

T2B, Baby girl is taking steps here and there...but she still gets around very well crawling! I had to "baby-proof" things, for sure...like buying padding to put on my long fireplace shelf....owie! Thankfully, she knows "no" and doesn't seem to bother anything on the shelf w/ all my DD's wedding pics, candle holders, plants, and "Miss AnMrsDe's pretty-pretties"! //I don't wear ear plugs or goggles, just sunglasses usually when doing yard work. It's amazing, though, how far the mower can shoot those pokey balls! Thankfully, they don't shoot behind and at me! LOL ETA: I saw we both did Cathe's High Impact HiiT today! LOL about your comments!!! I did NOT know Cedie had a baby in March!!! Awwe, so happy for her and I truly MISS that woman!!!

tangerine, hang in there with the mother/teacher/and everything else you need to be!! There's something to skipping workouts that have a positivity on other things, like the scale! I noticed that when I took 2 rest days of yoga a week....I really need to focus on that more! It doesn't help now with all these new workouts from Yvette and Cathe, LOL! Enjoy your rest time and kudos to you for accomplishing so much!

Chrys, glad the pain is letting up and great job getting in that walk while all this was going on!

Cher, oh, so, so sorry to hear about your sister and cousin! She was doing so well...great that she was persistent with the MRI. Hopefully the medication change will improve things for your cousin. I will keep both in my prayers for strength for each family. (((HUGS))) to you, too.

Jane, I emailed Yvette about the "like" button and she responded so quick! She said it's not functioning right now and to leave comments below each workout I do. I read your comments on the ones you did! Maybe I'll say hi to you if we do the same one, LOL. I have a screen name, though, not my real name. Yvette is so sweet and was great chatting with her...she told me happy belated birthday!

Here's NOVEMBER(!) Thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229709
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 10:31 AM  
T2B

Cher - praying for your sister and cousin. I’m glad they insisted that something was wrong.

I may re-join WW when I’m closer to a goal weight. It’s a great program. Your meeting room is big, my location is not that big. Chairs are hip to hip and knee to back. I’m sure it has changed now but I’m not going back right now to find out.

tangerine - good that the scale is stabilizing. Virtual learning for kids is like another job for the parents. I feel for you. Poor kids, too, having to look at a screen all day.

amg - hope your son continues to get better and that he will be wearing a helmet at home. Being an athlete probably allowed him to cushion his fall in some ways too.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts