Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-20, 01:51 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemystify View Post
I dont want shipping, I said that I am interested in STREAMING content
there isn't a way to trade streaming content, so I am sorry but I am confused by your post. Welcome to VF I hope you can find what you are looking for. There are a lot of people here who enjoy kettlebells so you should find plenty of conversation here.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 01:53 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
I guess I don’t understand how that would work. The streaming sites I’ve used didn’t allow you to download.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 01:53 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Sorry, I misunderstood. Hmmm...... I'm not sure how you trade streaming content. Can someone please chime in and enlighten me?

Nevermind. I see that Sherry and Lannette have already replied and are as confused as I am.
Old 02-18-20, 02:14 PM  
katemystify

katemystify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:21 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
I dont want shipping, I said that I am interested in STREAMING content Even if you have dvd, you can always copy it on your computer.
While that is true, that is not the intent of our exchange. This is why we call it an exchange. The owners relinquish ownership over the DVD in exchange for ownership of another DVD. You lose your right to maintain control over the item.

As far as downloads, we're not allowed to exchange those. That is one of the exchange rules.

And I also don't understand how someone could transfer ownership/exchange streaming content.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 02:28 PM  
katemystify

Question

katemystify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 03:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
It is just a personal exchange, between two people who bought something, I dont see any problem. The problem is when somebody put any content "outside" and set it public like on Torrents. It is illegal.

I just asked, like friends do, because we have the same goals and maybe somebody else wants to spare some money too. Or someone is just nice and wants to help me, or wants to do any program together as a motivation. Yes, sounds naive. But seems fair enough to me.

Maybe I should not try to explain myself and just go away, it is no point to try to explain it if there is nobody wanting to "trade", seems like waste of your and my time.
Kasia, the fact that folks are willing to take the time to ask for clarification means they want to understand what you are seeking. So it's pretty clear no one is saying they don't want to trade.

But it's important, in our trades, that everyone understands what they're giving and what they're getting. It makes everyone happy traders when both parties meet expectations.

And from what I can seem to understand it does seem like you're wanting downloads ...which is not allowed on our exchange program. Yes, two friends could choose to do this.

But in VF exchange it's not allowed.

Here are the VF exchange rules
VF exchange rules

So definitely stick around and share your knowledge of kettle bells..offer pointers, join a check-in!

But we are all under rules to participate in the exchange.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Kasia, the fact that folks are willing to take the time to ask for clarification means they want to understand what you are seeking. So it's pretty clear no one is saying they don't want to trade.

But it's important, in our trades, that everyone understands what they're giving and what they're getting. It makes everyone happy traders when both parties meet expectations.

And from what I can seem to understand it does seem like you're wanting downloads ...which is not allowed on our exchange program. Yes, two friends could choose to do this.

But in VF exchange it's not allowed.

Here are the VF exchange rules
VF exchange rules

So definitely stick around and share your knowledge of kettle bells..offer pointers, join a check-in!

But we are all under rules to participate in the exchange.
Thank you for your thoughtful response. I wonder if there is a language issue in communicating among all of us in this case. I "think" that Kasia means that anyone with a DVD that she is interested in can copy it and send it to her via email and she would send something back the same way. I agree with you that this isn't permitted under the VF guidelines. This also isn't "streaming" content, so if something other than what I described is what is intended, more information is needed.

Kasia, we aren't technically ignorant here, we know about backups, etc. Please think about how you are communicating as some of your phrasing could be seen as insulting. People here are genuinely trying to help and welcome you to be a part of our group.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 07:07 PM  
katmom

Not sure, however, I think requesting trading pdf programs with others would be a breach of trust/contract with the developer of the program and unethical.
Old 02-19-20, 06:19 AM  
amoodygirl

I'm pretty sure you can't and shouldn't trade streamed content. That's a breach of trust and copyright for the creator.

Diane

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
internet scams, katemystify, lauren brooks, spam pm