Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-12, 03:06 PM  
fit44

I ordered P90X2 on bluray (total impulse buy) and returned it unopened. I watched a lot of videos on youtube and decided it was not for me.
I know they say you can try it out and return it used if you do not like it, but I don't feel right doing that. I keep all my unwanted used workouts (I need to give some away).
I called BB to get a return authorization code, and explained to the rep that I did not open the dvds. The were in their original seal and could be resold. She said they would not resell it no matter what.
How odd is that? I wonder how much of a loss BB takes on returned systems?
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-12, 03:15 PM  
kali1

I remember Collage had a policy where they only accepted 3 returns a year either opened or not. This was before their 30 day policy. Perhaps they should return to that policy
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 02:24 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
... doesn't Mary take a huge hit from untested bandwagons dvds & sets that VFers ask her to carry because they don't want to deal w/ the original vendor? I'm referring to VF bandwagons that flame out quickly & she's left holding large quantities of undesirable inventory that she has to sell at a discount?

Maybe people should also take a pause before asking her to stock something since the quantities she has to buy are sizable.
Mary is running a business, and her decision to carry a particular title, or not, is a business decision. I'm sure she reads the buzz over here about new workouts and, in that way, we are carrying out a form of market research for her - which is a mutually beneficial relationship for both parties.

And don't forget that potential customers' reluctance to deal with the original vendor is usually based on a valid reason, for example, they don't ship overseas, charge exorbitant fees for international shipping, and/or provide poor customer service. In that way Mary is profiting from her competitors' incompetence. I bet I'm not the only person here who becomes interested in a new product, checks out the vendor's international shipping price (or even whether they do ship internationally) or reads about other people's hassles with ordering, then waits to order the goodie in question from Mary.
Old 05-26-12, 03:06 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
Mary is running a business, and her decision to carry a particular title, or not, is a business decision. I'm sure she reads the buzz over here about new workouts and, in that way, we are carrying out a form of market research for her - which is a mutually beneficial relationship for both parties.

And don't forget that potential customers' reluctance to deal with the original vendor is usually based on a valid reason, for example, they don't ship overseas, charge exorbitant fees for international shipping, and/or provide poor customer service. In that way Mary is profiting from her competitors' incompetence. I bet I'm not the only person here who becomes interested in a new product, checks out the vendor's international shipping price (or even whether they do ship internationally) or reads about other people's hassles with ordering, then waits to order the goodie in question from Mary.
I agree 100%. Mary competes by providing good shipping prices, quick delivery, responding quickly to customer demand, and excellent customer service. As a business professional she knows how DVDs tend to fall in price over time, so she's not just taking business risks to please us. In fact, sometimes the reason her prices stay as high as they do for as long as they do is because of agreements she has to make with the suppliers not to charge less than MRP for a certain period of time. For my needs, she provides perfect service.

Collage's thing is they provide workout breakdowns and advice to help customers make the *right* purchasing decisions so they will enjoy their purchases and won't need to return things. If by chance they have made the wrong choice, there is always the return guarantee. This aspect of Collage service is excellent.

However, many VFers don't purchase that way. They're experienced video exercisers, know what they're likely to enjoy, and if they don't enjoy a purchase, will trade it or sell it. Also, they're not taken in by "not available in stores" because they know you can actually get the item for 50% of Collage's price at Amazon, and don't want to pay Collage's expensive shipping (especially international) and then wait a very long time before the package arrives.

Apparently it's "impossible" for them to do anything about that aspect of their business (yes, I've contacted them several times about it over the years). Mary's shipping is SO reasonable and I often have my package (here in Sweden) well within a week! And she's also available on "chat" to answer questions in real time. And I've noticed that Collage's prices have come down since Mary, Jen, etc. have come on the scene.
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 06:42 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Who is Jen?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 07:38 AM  
sherry7899

http://www.advancedworkouts.com/

That's Jen's site. (at least, I think it is

take care,
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 07:50 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Who is Jen?
advancedworkouts.com
Old 05-26-12, 08:03 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Thanks!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 08:27 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I agree with Blackadar's post. I have never returned an opened DVD because I didn't like it or made a poor decision to purchase it in the first place. I've sold my share on eBay and Amazon and lost money in the process. Or I've just flat-out given them away.

I only sent back an unopened DVD once, it was a purchase from Mary. In the few days it took to get to me, I really evaluated the clips and decided it wasn't for me, despite the raves for it here. I felt a bit foolish for making a bad decision, but at least didn't remove the shrink-wrap.

It floors me how often I'll see reviews at Collage stating that they didn't care for the workout and returned it. I'm sure they know that Collage takes a hit on those transactions. I feel people should take responsibility for their own decisions. I also agree that Collage should update their policy, or post limits on their current return policy.
Me neither, I have bought plenty over the years from Collage, Mary, Amazon, wherever and decided later it wasn't for me. I just sold it on Amazon, or traded it, or sometimes donated it away. No biggie. I really try and read reviews, watch clips and think long and hard before buying anything these days.

There was one instance where a DVD was loose in the case and scratched, I contacted Collage and they sent a replacement and a mailer to send back the original. I think that's the only time I returned anything, but was pleased with the service.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-12, 09:05 AM  
Gardengirl

I buy from Mary! Collage and Amazon. I like all of them for various reasons. I have never returned a DVD to any one them. I guess I just generally don't feel like paying to send a DVD back is worth it. I generally opt for trading workouts I don't like or, if I wait long enough I change my mind and like it!

Tags
collage, collage video, collagevideo.com, returns, scratched dvds