Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-24-12, 01:50 PM  
SpiritSong

Anyone else making 2013 goals already?

I am trying to build up my daily workout minutes in these last nine weeks of 2012 so that I can be up to an hour a day (5-6 days per week) in 2013. My goal is to vary the time spent on cardio/toning and spend the rest of the hour doing yoga or a stretch workout.

Then I was trying to think of a way to resolve my virgin problem, and I thought of declaring Saturday my virgin day. That will give me 52 opportunities in 2013 to get through all those workouts I bought and have never done. I'm not sure I actually have 52 virgins, but I probably own a bunch of workouts that have been done only once, so I can move on to those if I run out.

LOL. Anyone else setting 2013 goals already?
Old 10-24-12, 02:00 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post

Then I was trying to think of a way to resolve my virgin problem, and I thought of declaring Saturday my virgin day. That will give me 52 opportunities in 2013 to get through all those workouts I bought and have never done. I'm not sure I actually have 52 virgins, but I probably own a bunch of workouts that have been done only once, so I can move on to those if I run out.
Just wanted to add that several of those virgins may have multiple workouts on them, so it still may be 52 you haven't done!
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 02:53 PM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Just wanted to add that several of those virgins may have multiple workouts on them, so it still may be 52 you haven't done!
As Amy approached the mountain, she looked up and thought, "Hey, I can climb this. One step at a time!" Then Jenilu walked up behind her and pushed her into the valley below the mountain, adding another mile to the journey.
Old 10-24-12, 02:57 PM  
metalbarbie

Goals for 2013?? Buy new videos, of course! Duh! Informercials we are ready for you!
Old 10-24-12, 02:58 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
As Amy approached the mountain, she looked up and thought, "Hey, I can climb this. One step at a time!" Then Jenilu walked up behind her and pushed her into the valley below the mountain, adding another mile to the journey.
Lol, just helping!! It just means you won't have to add in extra DVDs. You probably have 52 workouts in your virgins.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 06:41 PM  
txfitmom

I wish I could make my goal in 2013 to not buy too many fitness videos, but I know I cannot keep that promise!

I have an ever growing virgin workout collection as well. Lately, I have been doing something similar. I allow myself the weekend to pick whatever workout I want that I have not tried yet even if it does not meet my current fitness goals, just something to have fun.

I am kind of loving this approach. During the week, I stick to a more formal rotation and then the weekend is more carefree. It helps me stick to a rotation during the week knowing that the weekend is coming up and I don't feel guilty anymore about my virgin workouts now that I am actually trying them!
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 07:46 PM  
rhbrand

I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

To quit buying everything

To actually USE what I buy.
Old 10-24-12, 07:51 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

Everything she said!!
Old 10-24-12, 09:08 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
everything she said!!
+2
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-12, 10:24 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post

+3

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote