Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-12, 06:53 AM  
isebelleg44

Anyone complete a P90X2 Rotation?

I am in the middle of an STS rotation and am already planning my next one. I like doing a set rotation, as it keeps me consistent. I have P90X2 and am contemplating doing that or a kettlebell rotation.

I don't see any P90X2 talk at all. I know a lot were disappointed and returned the set. Is anyone using this series?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 07:02 AM  
andtckrtoo

I know several of us did a rotation. I did not complete one because of my knee, but I do hope to resume eventually.

It's kind of a shame that there is not more talk, because P90X2 is like nothing else out there. It's not a heavy strength program like P90X - it's all core and balance. It's more the way I like to work out. I think it helps with functional fitness.
Old 03-15-12, 10:25 AM  
tonus

I plan to complete it, if that counts! I did the first two phases for five weeks, with two weeks of yoga between the phases. I'm starting another week or two of yoga now and plan to do five weeks of phase 3 following that.

I really like P90X 2, so much so that I'm going to buy the outrageously priced extra discs for my birthday.
tonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 12:22 PM  
Carb8985

My boyfriend is doing a P90X2 rotation now. He is about 1/3rd done and is absolutely LOVING it. He has done two rotations of P90X and a Rushfit rotation in the past, and thinks that P90X2 combines the best of both of those systems. He is really enjoying the balance/agility aspect of the workouts and feels himself getting stronger, more agile, and more flexible every day.

And, I must say, he is looking phenomenal! Very cinched/narrow in at the core/waist and his muscles look lean and toned at the same time.

I'm so proud of him

Although he has completed the first phase, he has previewed the other workouts, and has already declared that he will love them. He also loves Tony.

Anyway, hope this is helpful!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 12:30 PM  
Getfit

I ordered this in January from QVC and it is still sitting on my shelf unused . I keep saying I will begin to incorporate them in my routine especially since it is very core orientated and I can probably use my UGI ball with it.
Old 03-15-12, 12:41 PM  
Dabbadooey

How is the yoga dvd in this set?
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 01:42 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
How is the yoga dvd in this set?
That one I have actually done and liked it a lot, but I also loved Yoga X. This one is shorter than Yoga X and it is a solid yoga workout.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 07:05 PM  
horusosiris

I completed the P90X2 rotation and really enjoyed it. It is really an excellent program for balance, core strength and functional fitness. My abs became even more defined with P90x2.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 08:18 PM  
Mickey12

I am currently in the second phase of a P90X2 rotation. I like it alot. I found that the first phase was extremely challenging because of the balance/core work and initially I didn't feel like I was getting much out of it because the moves were so difficult based on the balance factor. I did the first phase for 4weeks and by the end, I really increased by strength and my ability to actually perform the exercises with good form was so much better. I got a good sense of accomplishment by the end of the 4 weeks since I could clearly see how much better I got at performing the exercises when in the beginning I would look at the TV and think there was no way I could ever balance and perform the exercise at the same time. But I kept doing it and I did. That's cool!

I'm only doing the second phase for 3 weeks as it is more like the moves in P90X and doesn't require as much of a learning curve except for some really difficult moves.

I have not previewed the workouts in the third phase so I can't comment on those.

Plyocide is a cardio workout and Base and Back has a high cardio factor to it, but other than those, there isn't a big concentration on cardio in the set. However, because the moves are so balance focused, the poundage for the weight work isn't really high either. It's just different. I like it.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-12, 01:27 PM  
steakhousegirl

I am in Month 2 and I am loving it. I see a marked improvement in my balance. I feel "P90X strong" . I love that Tony incorporates so much stretching and yoga in the rotation. Very helpful and soothing.

I can't really describe the workouts. Some functional fitness, some conventional, lots of balance.....very different.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p90x2