Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-12, 08:11 AM  
isebelleg44

Bumping Thread

I am definitely doing a P90X2 rotation! Last night I did a yoga workout and my balance has gotten worse! I kept falling over during tree pose and I used to have no problem holding that pose. I have been doing an STS rotation and have gotten so strong, but my flexibility and balance have suffered.

If P90X2 improves my balance and core, than the rotation will be worth it! The problem is, I will probably will lose the strength I gained during STS.

For those who have done this rotation, did you add more cardio? TIA!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 08:18 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

I have this complete set but it is in SPANISH....guess I can trade it off for someone who can speak Spanish, lol!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 09:48 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I have this complete set but it is in SPANISH....guess I can trade it off for someone who can speak Spanish, lol!
Lol!! How did this happen?

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 09:59 AM  
Kajun

I am in phase two of X2 currently and I do love the program. I have the one on ones Tony made as previews so I knew what to expect, but no program has humbled me more as far as bringing weaknesses, such as balance while trying to do push-ups on medicine balls, to the forefront. It is incredibly satisfying though to go from not being able to do one 4-ball push-ups due to balance, to cranking out 50+ of them.

It is well worth doing - but unlike P90X it is not a program just anyone at any fitness level can do. With a P90X type you can drop the weights or the reps to do what you can. With X2, balance is definitely a limiting factor on being able to accomplish anything, and you must have the ability to do several push-ups with perfect form before you could ever hope to get through the workouts.

So X2 is more of a "graduate program" than a starting point.
Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 12:25 PM  
Fitstick

I am a variety nut and have a very hard time sticking with rotations. I did P90X2 up until the end of phase 2 and then got sidetracked with my other lonely workouts that were calling my name I never did get to phase 3 but am interested in trying those workouts. I found phase 1 and 2 extremely challenging from a balance and doing balance work with the stability ball and med ball, some of the moves required a great deal of upper body strength (that I don't have). A couple of the workouts in phase 2 had a ton of pullups in them, some of the variations I simply could not follow safely. I did feel that I had to modify A LOT and was a bit frustrated that the only modifications shown were that of the travel version which was completely different than the regular version. So yes, I will admit that I was frustrated by my lack of balance and upper body strength to do a lot of the moves and at times they literally felt impossible. I did see some improvement and will have to get back to it soon. My favorites were the core workout in phase 1, the ab ripper workout and the arm workout in phase 2 (probably because it felt more traditional and had no pullups).

Just my 2 cents.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 01:01 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
If P90X2 improves my balance and core, than the rotation will be worth it! The problem is, I will probably will lose the strength I gained during STS.
I plan to start P90X2 in June. I was concerned about losing strength if I followed the program as written, so I've developed a schedule for following P90X2 as closely as possible, while also incorporating one full-body strength workout a week, and one kettlebell session a week - because if I don't do any kettlebell training for the full 18-week program (or even a six-week phase) I'll forget everything I learned about kettlebell training. I'll also do my regular cardio workouts.

This site has some valuable info for adapting P90X2 for your training schedule. It's for endurance athletes, but the same principles would apply to anyone who works out consistently.

Tags
p90x2