Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-06-22, 12:20 PM  
Catahoula Cate

What a swing in temperatures! Two days ago it was 103 and today it's 60. We are also getting a very nice rain. Nice break from hot days. Probably won't get a walk in today but will be a pretty good day to do a video or two.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-22, 12:51 PM  
MathTeacher

It was miserable here the entire month of July. We have had a lot of rain so far in August so it has not been as miserable. We'll see how the rest of the month goes.

I have been keeping up with my exercising so far. I need to do better with what I eat.
Old 08-07-22, 10:30 AM  
Leonana

We've had lots of rain in Phoenix for the past three weeks. Apparently, La Nina normally sends rain up north to the northwest, but a pressure system is keeping it lower. So it's dumping rain here. It's cloudy today and looks like more rain.

Katie, I'm glad you are getting some rain now. I guess we have been getting the rain meant for the northwest!
Old 08-09-22, 10:28 PM  
Vantreesta

Grr, still not posting regularly!

Thu 8/4 116 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
30 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
10 minutes (from J. Valant Thoracic Mobility Exercises - For Posture and Back Pain Relief!, YT)
5 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 9-caterpillar pose, YT) 1st time
59 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.74 mi)

Fri 8/5 157 minutes
4 minutes (from AEXEL Programming -4 Minute Follow Along PVC Pipe Mobility Routine, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Hamstring Tendonitis Pain: Exercises That Will Help Heal Your Hamstrings part 2, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
12 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 2)
31 minutes (from 2.28 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day3/Zombies Run S3M55)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.89 mi)

Sat 8/6 152 minutes
97 minutes (from 4.56 mi nature walk at RLSP with hubby)
15 minutes (from A. Carver 15-Minute Yoga For Thoracic Mobility, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Post Workout Stretches for Lower Body and Pelvic Floor, YT) I really love this one
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .61 mi) rained most of the afternoon & evening

Sun 8/7 50 minutes D&D DAY
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.06 mi)

Mon 8/8 233 minutes
55 minutes (from trimming out of control lilac bush)
33 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
9 minutes (from J. Fairley The Source Chiropractic -Thoracic Mobility Routine Exercises and Stretches, YT) twice through
14 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 3)
36 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1)
14 minutes (from D. Siebers Slim in 6 Slim & Limber)
60 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.62 mi)

Had my second opinion appt today for my feet. This guy seemed perplexed as to why the first guy recommended surgery. I have very little pain, great mobility, great spacing btwn the joints. He agreed that I have elevated first metatarsals but wasn't concerned about it. He said other than that and the mild bunion my feet look really good. Huzzah! I asked if I need to avoid or modify any activities and he said no, do whatever feels good. I realize two complete opposite opinions might indicate a need for getting a third one, but I just don't feel that's necessary at this point. I know the anomaly in structure exists so I can monitor any changes in pain or appearance and reevaluate as necessary. He said the orthotics and what I'm doing otherwise (I mentioned the toe yoga and wobble board) should be fine. I am so glad I went through with getting the second opinion and feel relieved that I can get on with my life now!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 12:00 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Jessica’s newest mobility workout. It was really good and what I needed. After not exercising regularly for the last six months, I have so many aches and pains, along with soreness. I now realize I would have been fine to still exercise, but at the time it felt painful. Live and learn!

I accepted a part time job for lunch and hallway duty at a public school. It’s a title 1 school and they seem desperate for help. My DD’s roommate told me about it, she’s a K teacher there. It’s from 10:00 to 2:00. I’ll be on my feet for most of that time, so hopefully I’ll be able to handle it. The vice principal mentioned that I should make friends with the kids, but I’m too introverted for that! My DD’s roommate told me don’t worry about it, they aren’t that picky, and the kids won’t talk to me anyway, lol.

I’m not sure what I will be doing in the future for workouts, it depends on how I adapt to four hours on my feet. Well, maybe three, as we are done with watching the kids about 45 minutes before we leave. I know I will need some strength and yoga/stretching.
Old 08-13-22, 10:03 PM  
Vantreesta

Congrats, Sherry! I hope you will the job!

Katie, we haven't been in the 100s for actual temp thankfully but it has dropped into the 80s here too. I'm ready for jeans weather.

MT, I hope you're feeling all back to yourself now!

The first week of Aug was great for workouts. This past week not so much. Tue was just toe yoga and PT stretches, Wed just toe yoga, Thu just a run (no warmup stuff or stretch after...very naughty!) and toe yoga, Fri just toe yoga. And Cyric's walks every day. Next week I will do better!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 08-14-22, 10:32 AM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, thank you for taking a job in a school. We are not fully staffed. Our admin has done a lot of reassigning.

Vannie, my right ear is now clogged. I am so frustrated. I guess I have to learn to live with it.

Katie, I hope you having great weather. Ours has been a lot better. It is a sad state of affairs when we celebrate a high of 85.

We are having a birthday party at our house for a co-worker who is turning 70 on Friday. I am looking forward to it. My only concern is the people who could make this event about them. (Job changes, retirement, mayoral campaign). You know those people.
Old 08-14-22, 04:26 PM  
Leonana

Thanks Vannie and MT. I’m excited about it. I need the money, but even more I need to get out of the house and interact with people, in addition to making a difference for the kids. Apparently, we have the last half hour free from monitoring, so I’m going to see if I can help DD’s roommate with her K class.

I received my fingerprint card in five days, which I understand is much quicker than usual. I think the state is fast tracking them for teachers and support staff. Apparently, the charter school across the street closed due to lack of teachers and this school absorbed those students. They really needed help. I do like the hours, and it starts at $15 an hour which is more than our $12 minimum wage.

MT, I’m sorry about your ear. Maybe it will resolve in time. My mouth pain seems to be lessening the more I ignore it and just do my normal stuff. Sometimes I think our brain doesn’t cooperate until we show it everything is okay. I hope your party goes well.
Old 08-16-22, 05:08 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, your new job sounds like fun and a nice way to make some extra cash.

MT, so sorry that the ear is clogged again. I cannot imagine and hope there will be resolve at some point.

Vannie, I'm so glad the 2nd opinion ruled out surgery for your feet! Nice that you can monitor it and not pursue anything else.

Our 100 degree temps seem to be gone and so are our mosquitos and biting flies! Yay! We are still in the 90's some days but that doesn't feel so hot compared to what we've had. I've just been walking Scout right now as he seems to handle the heat better than Belle and Scout has extra energy to burn anyway. I'm close to meeting my youtube goal of reducing saved exercise/rehab clips from 190 down to 180. I was over 200 for a while. I'm trying to group videos that are different versions of the same subject and figure out which ones are really worthwhile to keep. I had saved 13 videos from Upright Health and Guerilla Zen Fitness on Anterior Pelvic Tilt. ???? I've got a few deleted and have 3 more to view.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 08:29 AM  
Vantreesta

We spent the wknd with my FIL and stayed an extra day bc Saturday we went to a new Ren fest in ND. It was fun. Very small and very few vendors so I didn't buy anything, which is pretty much unheard of. No workouts Fri-Mon except toe yoga and some dog walks on Fri and Mon. Back at it yesterday. I'm starting to work on Halloween crafts!

Tue 8/16 170 minutes
10 minutes (from J. Reppel 10 Min. Shoulder & Thoracic Spine Mobility | Follow Along, No Equipment | Back Pain Relief, YT)
24 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
22 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 4)
38 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 2)
17 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Beginner's Everyday Yoga Full Body Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 12, YT) 1st time
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.97 mi)