Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-20, 03:32 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I read that too...so if it’s in the air we are screwed (I type this as I’m about to get on the subway in Boston).
I was thinking the same thing.

BTW, my son and his girlfriend live in Boston, too.
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 03:57 PM  
suzannaerin

Twice this week at work coworkers have looked at me with incredulity when I refused to participate in hugs (someone got a cash award) or handshakes, instead bumping elbows.

Meanwhile, senior management is responsibly sending out guidance that they are ignoring. I guess until someone in the office actually gets it, they will think I am overreacting. You know it probably will be me who gets it first, being one of the four folks in the office over 50.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 05:54 PM  
marki64

In a couple months this will pass and life will go on. I really think the media is over doing it. My daughter gets a 2 week spring beak and online classes because one professor has symptoms. A little drastic, imo. I am taking the day off of work tomorrow and also taking my elderly mom out for Chinese lunch. I bet there won't be a wait. Ha!

I have a concert to go to in May. It better not get cancelled.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 06:19 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

There are now 212 cases in NYS, 50 of which are traceable to the New Rochelle case, which has indirectly and directly impacted my preschool (now closed for two weeks).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 06:30 PM  
Pam

This article has some good points why slowing down the spread of the virus is important.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/scie...fight-n1155636
Old 03-12-20, 07:27 AM  
Sollamyn

So many closings and event cancellations! This will affect local economies greatly, I'm afraid. The university near me is adding an extra week to spring break and after that, classes will be mostly online until further notice. I haven't heard yet how on-campus student housing is going to handle this situation. Life is really going to be different in my neck of the woods for the next few weeks, at least. I'm trying to see it as interesting and not depressing--but, geez. At best, it's going to be pretty boring around here!

My dad is in a nursing home and they told us yesterday that we should restrict our visits to essential visits only (whatever THAT means!?)) and when we do visit, we should cut down on the length of the visit. They will have a screening booth set up at the front entrance for all employees and visitors, so visiting sounds like a hassle. I guess I won't be going for a while.

Ugh. I'm 61 and I've never seen anything like this. I hope it's not a long-term thing--and I hope we don't see any repeats in the near future!

Donna
Old 03-12-20, 08:31 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
So many closings and event cancellations! This will affect local economies greatly, I'm afraid. The university near me is adding an extra week to spring break and after that, classes will be mostly online until further notice.

Donna
My daughter is a high school senior attending two different colleges for dual enrollment. Both are closing and then moving to online only classes for at least a month. She was supposed to take a midterm yesterday, but couldn't because of the cancellations (poor thing had studied for three days for the exam). I don't know how she's going to do her physics lab online and I'm worried they may not give grades and only do pass/fail. So much uncertainty and so many lives are disrupted.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:03 AM  
ardnas

2 days ago my husband got a flu. We've been in touch with the doctor and they don't believe it is Corona, but said he can get tested for that and regular flu today. They said there is a local bug going around that lasts about 2 weeks.

Last I heard we only have 6 confirmed travel related cases of Corona in our state.

As soon as this thing was even mentioned we limited contact w/ people, stopped eating out, started washing more, stopped touching our head/face, started using hand sanitizer, and he still picked up something.

When we last went to the grocery store so many people were coughing without covering their mouths.

I started feeling ill yesterday but immediately started taking 1,000+mg Vit C almost every hour, took oregano oil, garlic (raw & pills), olive leaf extract, zinc, and other natural antivirals and feel so much better and my fever is down to normal. Last time my husband had a bad flu I did the same and never got it despite sleeping in same bed & caring for him.

My husband is sleeping now but will go to Dr when he gets up if not feeling any better.

I worry about my mom who is in her 70s and has COPD. We had dinner with her Friday night. So far she is ok, but lives in a senior building where it is a germ haven.
Old 03-12-20, 09:06 AM  
sherry7899

Sandra, I hope you and your husband feel much better soon.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday DH said a co-worker's car got broken into and the only thing stolen was a bottle of hand sanitizer she had in open view
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing