Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-16, 06:40 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
The taped H can be completely supplied by an imaginary H in your mind. I do it all the time especially when I did Insanity Asylum without the agility ladder.

Good luck with p90. It's great to use for getting back into exercising.
I was going to suggest the agility ladder as replacement for the tape. If you don't feel like imagining it.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-16, 01:36 PM  
Richie

So I got my set. I'm a little annoyed that you seem to need far more equipment than I thought.

Beachbody had this information:
What equipment is needed to do P90?
Just a Pro-Grade Resistance Band with handles and door attachment, which is included in the Base Kit.

This isn't really the whole truth though is it? You really need multiple sets of dumbbells or bands (when they only provide one) at the very least. Tony reminds you several times in different workouts to pick the right band (seemingly assuming you have several).
I know this might sound weird but I actually don't have any dumbbells and really can't afford them right now either.
None of this will stop be starting this programme as it's obviously do-able with just a single band, it's just you clearly get more out of it with multiple options.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-16, 05:57 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I know this might sound weird but I actually don't have any dumbbells and really can't afford them right now either.
None of this will stop be starting this programme as it's obviously do-able with just a single band, it's just you clearly get more out of it with multiple options.
Just save for some 3lb and 5lb dumbbells and use the bands that came with the program. Use vegetable cans or other canned goods for dumbbells if you can't afford them. I started to enable you to not buy P90x and buy X-TrainFit: Circuit Burnout 30 Day Fat Shred and do YouTube workouts. Craig's list or the local newspaper might be another way to get dumbbells cheap. Also, maybe ask relatives to buy you dumbbells for your birthday or Xmas.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-16, 05:06 PM  
Richie

So a little update from me.
I've just finished the 8th week (so finished Phase B) and so far I've really enjoyed this even on days when I've had to force myself to work out!
I've done the "sweat" rotation as written and have lost 30lbs so far, which I'm very pleased with. Another 5 weeks of Phase C to go...!

So my question is, what shall I do afterwards? I'm looking towards another system with a rotation as it seems to suit me.
I've really enjoyed the MMA type moves in P90 so would TapouT XT be a good option? My other thought is to go to Focus T25 next. What do you guys think? Thanks for any comments.
Old 04-30-16, 05:25 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Congratulations on your progress and success!

If you're looking for a good MMA type program, I much preferred UFC Fit over TapouT XT. The pace of Tapout can be frenetic at times and Mike Karpenko can be a little spastic. UFC Fit felt more controlled and I clicked better with Mike Dolce and his lower key style. But don't think that makes UFC Fit an easier program. Some of the workouts are pretty brutal!

Good luck!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-16, 06:31 PM  
tamib

I'm just finishing week 9 of P90 but haven't lost any weight, I have gotten a little stronger and lost some inches. I've also been wondering about what program to do next and it's sort of between RushFit and Chalean Extreme, but I'll be following this thread to see what other suggestions you get. T25 is out for me because my knees probably couldn't take it. The Sweat Rotation with p90 bothered my knees so I switched to Strong and have to leave out Saturday Special so that I get an extra rest day.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 05:43 PM  
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I much preferred UFC Fit over TapouT XT.
Thanks for the suggestion Sabine, I'll look into this one.
I'm only looking at TapouT as the MMA focus was attractive and I can get it for a good deal at the moment. I never realised how much I'd enjoy punching and kicking non-existent things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamib View Post
I'm just finishing week 9 of P90. T25 is out for me because my knees probably couldn't take it.
Thanks Tammy, yeah that's my concern with T25 as well. I've modified as I go with P90 as I get the odd twinge but I've just taken it easy when I need to. I was amazed that I was able to (just!) get through Sweat C first time today, I was really nervous about it! It was fun.

Tags
beachbody, beginning, new p90, p90, restarting, starting over, tony horton