Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-20, 02:40 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Sorry to be MIA.
Not doing very good. My Mom has been in the hospital for about 10 days. Started out as an infection, then the stupid doctors gave her too much pain and anti-anxiety medication and she almost overdosed!
They revived her but it was too much for her 87 year old body and she's now in hospice and waiting for her to pass. Don't know when...she's pretty much unconscious.
My brother is down in FL with her and my Dad. He took the risk with covid and drove there from VA.

I'm devastated. Still exercising but not much checking in. I'll be back later. Hugs to you all. Stay safe and well.
KateTT I am so VERY, VERY sorry!
I know how hard this is - I have lost both of my parents and they were both hospice patients, so I know just how devastating this is. I will be praying for you and your family. BIG HUGS being sent your way!!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 05:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh KateTT, I'm so very sorry for what you're going through! That has to be extremely difficult. We're thinking about you and sending you lots of virtual hugs.

Everything about workouts seems pretty trivial after that, but kittybug, I am glad to hear you liked Slow & Heavy -- my plan was to work that in on a regular basis, but I haven't been back to it. I really liked it.

I did PHA 3 yesterday. Not sure I've done that before, but I feel like I must have done it when I got it (which was in recent times) -- no memory of it! I really liked it and I'm feeling nicely sore today from it. The soreness I used to get before I had the injury, so I think that's a great sign.

This morning I did Cardio Party and then YardMax. We have some hot days here this week, so have to get stuff done early.

Waves and hugs to all!
Old 05-25-20, 05:28 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
KateTT I am so VERY, VERY sorry!
I know how hard this is - I have lost both of my parents and they were both hospice patients, so I know just how devastating this is. I will be praying for you and your family. BIG HUGS being sent your way!!!
Thinking of you and sending lots of love during this difficult time.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 06:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey gals,

Hope everyone is hanging in there! I'm not in the best mood because I'm playing hurt, wahhh! I've had on-and-off chronic Achilles tendinitis since I was a kid, and for some reason, it's flared up like mad in the last week, really making itself known yesterday while trying to do a Party Rockin' Step premix. I ended up feeling rather crippled and couldn't finish my planned workout. So today I did just Slow and Heavy Chest, Back, and Core without any additional cardio and in fact, I won't be doing any cardio of any kind until this settles down because I can barely walk! Or I might take a page from ChelePA's book and try out some Caroline Jordan.

But, that being said, I am in LOVE with Slow and Heavy! It's odd to work out, not sweat, and then be really incredibly sore. But I want to stick with these for now to see what transpires, as it's so different from what I usually gravitate to!

And now I'm off to hunt down a copy of Amy's Slo Mo you all were talking about a while back, sigh. Enablers. All of you!

Sending well wishes to everyone...extra hugs to those with personal struggles and difficulties happening right now! Stay fierce, my friends!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 08:18 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did Cathe’s Lean Legs and Abs. I enjoyed this workout, mainly because it wasn’t brutally hard for me, although I only used 5 pound weights. I also actually liked the ab section! It’s on the shorter side too, only 48 minutes so it wasn’t too long.

I got my wee black kitten from my nephew on Sunday. His name is Finley and I think he’s a boy. I have a vet appointment on Friday for him so hopefully they can tell me for sure. He adjusted well, but my other cat, Rudy, is taking his time getting used to things. He Is very timid but he is getting better.

Kittybug I am sorry you’re injured. But like you said, you can take ChelePA ‘s recommendations for workouts. Also, when I was on my buying spree for Amy Bento workouts, SLo Mo didn’t show up too often. I think you might have to be patient for that one.

Kate I am so sad for you. Caring for and worrying about parents is so hard. I’m sending you positive thoughts.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 10:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh kittybug, what a bummer! My 21 year old son has achilles problems. No fun at all! I know exactly how you're feeling with Slow & Heavy! You should try the Jari one on youtube sometime, too.

Kim, how fun to have a new kitten! I hope Rudy adjusts quickly.

Today I did ICE Total Metabolic Body. Another one I have no memory of, but I think this one may be one of those that people complain about Cathe working the shoulders too much. What was she thinking?! I liked those non-weighted moves she threw in there. My heart rate was soaring throughout.

Today I got Party Rock Step #1 (is that what it's called?) so I'm hoping to do that in the morning. Still working on Yard Max a little bit each day after the workout -- it's too hot to go for very long, but we are chunking away on it.

Sending out good thoughts to all of you this evening.
Old 05-27-20, 10:23 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, would you believe I already have Slo-Mo on the way!!?? I LOVE VF! And awwwwwwww, your wee black kitten!!! I love black kitties, particularly ones like ours with extra long fangs and a broken tail tip and chipped ear (he was apparently in a feral colony before being rescued) who are a bit of a mess, hee hee! I'm sure Rudy will adjust to Finley (great names!) in time. Do keep us posted!

Oh, Bee, the Jari featuring Britt that I just looked up? YES, that is a must-try, thank you for mentioning it! Metabolic Total Body is also one of my faves for sure. Have fun with Party Rockin' Step!!

I might attempt Lean Legs and Abs today seeing as how I can't do Rockout Knockout right now...are there any sort of impact moves in there I should be aware of? I'll probably have to modify some stuff anyway for my poor ankle, sigh. Injuries suck!

Stay fierce, my friends...sending good thoughts to everyone, all the way around!
Old 05-27-20, 11:13 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Lost my mom yesterday (Tues). I'm numb. I couldn't focus on anything yesterday so didn't even get past the warmup in Cardio Fusion.
It really hurts.

I spent the day with my kids and grandkids and that brought me some joy in my heart. Hard to be sad when my 8 month old grandson tries to "kiss" my chin. And hugs from my granddaughter are a sure cure for a broken heart.

Today I soldiered through BodyMax 2 although I admit to skipping through some of the cardio blasts. But this is a doozy of a workout, that's for sure. Dripping sweat.

I'll be back with more. Just gotta grieve. Love and hugs to you all...your kind words and sympathy REALLY helps!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-20, 11:16 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Oh, Kate, I know there are just no words, absolutely no words. I'm so sorry for your loss! Love and hugs right back to you, and please take care of you right now!
Old 05-27-20, 12:09 PM  
Mickey12

So sorry, Kate. I'm really glad you have kids and grandkids near you. Life sure is hard sometimes.

Today during my lunch break I did X10 hi/lo. Just 25 minutes, quick and dirty and wow, hard! I like the music even though it's the "fake words" music. It feels good to get up from my computer during lunch and move around. My husband and I might go for a walk later since it's a nice day.

Kittybug I just did Lean Legs and Abs and I don't recall any impact. It's mostly squat and lunge work, then firewalker loops, then some lying floor then abs. I hope you can do it ok. Horray for you that you're getting Amy's Slo Mo!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in