Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-16, 10:36 PM  
yahoo205

Bar Method Class Classes versus Online versus DVDs Home

Does anyone do Bar Method at home and/or at the studio on a regular basis?
I'm trying to do as many classes as I can at the studio for 30 days and see if it's worth continuing. I've been doing some barre but forgot how much I love the slow purposeful movement method of bar method.

Those that are Bar Method devotees, why do you choose to stay with Bar Method over other barre? Also, I've heard you have to do it 5 times a week to really see results.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 06:31 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I have had spells where I did nothing but Bar Method Online every day - I always notice increased flexibility and strength. If it weren't so pricey (for me) I would be a subscriber today. I do miss it a lot. When I can't afford Bar Method, I do Barre3.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 11:10 PM  
yahoo205

No Bar Method fans here? Anyone?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-16, 02:05 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I went to bar method for months. I really loved the form corrections and learned a ton. I stopped for personal reasons mostly, but also because I got kind of bored. Classes were a lit too same-same.

The online workouts are very similar to the live classes, if cost or distance is what is giving you pause.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-16, 12:40 PM  
AKatF

I live by the in person classes. The instructors are continually correcting form and better form means better results and a safer workout. Now with the level 2 classes and bar move I mix it up between mixed level, level 2 and bar move so there is more variety between classes. The mixed has longer stretching and it's the classic feel. Bar move they take out some exercises ands stretches so it a more shuffled version of the traditional class and I am a sweaty mess.

Recently they have also rolled out new thigh, curl, and new moves that are only taught in bar move. If getting to classes in person is too crazy with a hectic schedule I supplement with online classes or my good old 21day fix, 21 day fix extreme, or masters hammer & chisel.
AKatF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bar method, bar method live classes, barre, burr leonard, butt