Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-20, 09:26 AM  
TracyQ

I’m still working, riding the subway...one of the guys I work with usually takes the subway but took an Uber home yesterday because his wife who has lung issues is worried about him contracting the virus on the subway. Today he called in and said his wife doesn’t think it’s safe for him to come in and he was staying home.

I’m taking all the precautions (washing hands, wiping everything down, taking vitamins, eating tons of fruit and vegetables) but then I get on a crowded subway where people are coughing and sneezing. Ugh...I actually sneezed on the subway yesterday (had tissue ready, lowered my head and sneezed into it) no one said anything but I felt bad for my fellow passengers and wanted to yell I’m not sick just had to sneeze. Carry on warriors. LOL

Do you guys think it’s safe to ride the subway?

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 11:48 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
...I have a concert to go to in May. It better not get cancelled.
DH told me a friend of his was planning to go to a concert. The friend's wife said, "If you go to that concert, don't come home."

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
... Ugh...I actually sneezed on the subway yesterday (had tissue ready, lowered my head and sneezed into it) no one said anything but I felt bad for my fellow passengers and wanted to yell I’m not sick just had to sneeze. Carry on warriors. LOL ...
I have allergy issues and post-nasal drip that cause me to cough sometimes. I cough into a tissue or my sleeve. I'm afraid I'll scare folks even though I'm not sick!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 12:08 PM  
sherry7899

Our son has tickets to several concerts this month and we are nervous. We are pretty positive the one in NYC will be cancelled. I hope the Philly ones are also.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 12:15 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I have allergy issues and post-nasal drip that cause me to cough sometimes. I cough into a tissue or my sleeve. I'm afraid I'll scare folks even though I'm not sick!
Yup, tis the season! Hubs is going thru his usual spring allergies. I told him if he keeps sneezing and sniffling, he is going to be shunned in public.

The MSM histeria has gotten way out of control. This is a flu virus, of which many people have recovered, without anything more than home treatments. There's many more other things to worry about, statistically speaking, than this. I'm still taking precautions such as my regular hand hygiene, eating healthy, exercising, getting sunshine, etc. b/c even if I get it, I'll be able to get through it just fine.

My gut tells me this is wayyyyy overblown.
Old 03-12-20, 02:01 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Yup, tis the season! Hubs is going thru his usual spring allergies. I told him if he keeps sneezing and sniffling, he is going to be shunned in public.

The MSM histeria has gotten way out of control. This is a flu virus, of which many people have recovered, without anything more than home treatments. There's many more other things to worry about, statistically speaking, than this. I'm still taking precautions such as my regular hand hygiene, eating healthy, exercising, getting sunshine, etc. b/c even if I get it, I'll be able to get through it just fine.

My gut tells me this is wayyyyy overblown.

Angie, that was my initial response as well and while I don't think it's helpful to panic, the situation in Italy is dire. It spread very quickly and the hospitals are overwhelmed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...al-bed/607807/
Furthermore the disease is not the flu- it can be much more serious and it can progress from typical symptoms to life threatening in an unpredictable manner and not just in the elderly and those with compromised immune systems or underlying health conditions although they are most definitely at greatest risk. The are treatments for the flu, not so for COVID. It sounds like you are taking precautions but don't assume that shutting down events and closing schools is overblown. It is important to slow down the spread of the disease. Just read the first paragraph of the article to get an idea of the number of cases in Italy two weeks ago, last week and now.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 02:02 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
DH told me a friend of his was planning to go to a concert. The friend's wife said, "If you go to that concert, don't come home."

I was having allergy symptoms yesterday and did not go into the office because I was just being safe and didn't want to get looks from people I work with.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 02:05 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Yesterday DH said a co-worker's car got broken into and the only thing stolen was a bottle of hand sanitizer she had in open view
Ok, that is just insane.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 02:08 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Ok, that is just insane.
Love your kitty picture!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 02:21 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Angie, that was my initial response as well and while I don't think it's helpful to panic, the situation in Italy is dire. It spread very quickly and the hospitals are overwhelmed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...al-bed/607807/
Furthermore the disease is not the flu- it can be much more serious and it can progress from typical symptoms to life threatening in an unpredictable manner and not just in the elderly and those with compromised immune systems or underlying health conditions although they are most definitely at greatest risk. The are treatments for the flu, not so for COVID. It sounds like you are taking precautions but don't assume that shutting down events and closing schools is overblown. It is important to slow down the spread of the disease. Just read the first paragraph of the article to get an idea of the number of cases in Italy two weeks ago, last week and now.
Leslie, thank you for sharing that article.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 02:48 PM  
warriorprincess

There are lots of myths being perpetuated. A couple of them may have some truth but there is no evidence for any of them.

Supermarkets are recalling toilet papers because the cardboard inserts come from China.
It’s being spread through hair extensions imported from China
Drinking or gargling bleach will cure it.
Vitamin C can cure or prevent it.
Muslims are immune to it.
Cold weather and snow will kill it.
Hot humid weather prevents it.
Hot baths prevent it.
Mosquitos can transmit it.
Hand dryers can kill it.
Ultraviolet disinfection lamps kill it.
Flu vaccines can protect you.
Rinsing your nose with saline prevents it.
Eating garlic prevents it.
Pets can spread it.
Spraying chlorine or alcohol on the skin kills viruses in the body.
You can catch it from Chinese food
It was deliberately created or released.
Red marine algae can inactivate it.
Marijuana or Cocaine cures it.
Coconut oil or sesame oil cures it.

I don't know what's wrong with people that they make this stuff up. Everyone knows the only way to prevent it is to exercise to videos regularly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing