Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-15, 07:30 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I don't have the equalizer bars, althought I considered getting them at some point, but I ended getting TheRack, and I've been very glad with it, not only I do like the workouts that came with it (I did the whole rotation), but I also use it quite often, it is my bar for barre workouts (it's high enough for me), for modified pull-ups (in seated position min. 5:21 , or you can even cross your legs and get yourself totally off the floor), I'm using it with my Body Beast workouts as well, when he uses the bench for support for calf raises and as a bench (with the seat pad on) for seated calf raises and abdominals (in-outs exercise), etc. so it has been a good addition to my arsenal.

LOL Colleen, I also tend to be an equipment glutton
So I have a question about "the rack"! I like that it folds up which my Leibert Equalizer doesn't do but I can't find one that has the padded seat! Is this some special add on that I'm not seeing?

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 05:17 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Kristieb726, I ordered directly from their site years ago, and it was an add on, they offered it when I was paying, they also tried to sell me a dvd and weights, but I didn't add anything and still I got the dvd they were trying to sell me! (that one was not listed on the rotation. I did my seat pad on my own, I had wood, so I asked my DP to cut it for me, I bought a padded foam from the dollar store and bought some vynil-cuir, mine looks exactly like theirs. HTH

Eta: I do have a question though, you said your Lebert Equalizer doesn't folds up (they are two separated bars, so no need to folds up ), for the design of it I guess it shouldn't take that much of space? I'm attaching pics of the seat pad we did at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TR1.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4282   Click image for larger version

Name:	TR2.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	4283   Click image for larger version

Name:	TR3.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	4284  

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!

Last edited by AsSweetAsSugar; 09-03-15 at 10:39 PM. Reason: ETA
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 06:28 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Kristieb726, I ordered directly from their site years ago, and it was an add on, they offered it when I was paying, they also tried to sell me a dvd and weights, but I didn't add anything and still I got the dvd they were trying to sell me! (that one was not listed on the rotation. I did my seat pad on my own, I had wood, so I asked my DP to cut it for me, I bought a padded foam from the dollar store and bought some vynil-cuir, mine looks exactly like theirs. HTH

Eta: I do have a question though, you said your Lebert Equalizer doesn't folds up (they are two separated bars, so no need to folds up ), for the design of it I guess it shouldn't take that much of space? I'm attaching pics of the seat pad we did at home.
That is brillant! I might have to try that as a DIY project if I decide to purchase this. You're correct that the (equalizer) comes in two pieces and while I have them stacked closely I like the option that this folds flat. My condo is all open plan and small at 1200 sq. ft, so any extra space is appreciated...lol. By the way what did you use to stabilize the seat so that it doesn't slide off? Are there screw holes there already that can be used to attach a seat?

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 04:04 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
That is brillant! I might have to try that as a DIY project if I decide to purchase this. You're correct that the (equalizer) comes in two pieces and while I have them stacked closely I like the option that this folds flat. My condo is all open plan and small at 1200 sq. ft, so any extra space is appreciated...lol. By the way what did you use to stabilize the seat so that it doesn't slide off? Are there screw holes there already that can be used to attach a seat?

Kris
Thanks! I heard you on the space issues, I've limited space as well. To answer your question... Nothing! I mean, the way the handles for the push-ups are placed (on level 2 position) with the main metal frame create a rectangle making it stable (I hope I'm making sense), I haven't have any issues of it sliding at all while sitting on it, in the workouts he transitions from workout to workout really quickly so I guess that's why it was designed like that.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equalizer, equipment, equipment for p90x3, lebert equalizer, pull ups, pullups, the rack