Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-16, 01:38 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I <3 Dynamix! Great for recovery and joint mobility

I'm a total P90X dropout--have tried it many times but never got very far. I bought P90X3 when it first came out and didn't stick with it because it seemed odd, I couldn't tell what it was accomplishing. This year, I trained for two half marathons in a row, about 3 months apart. Before the second one, I started doing P90X3. Surprisingly, it had some good moves to help build core strength, develop stability, etc.

Dynamix was the biggest surprise--I'm not a big fan of stretching workouts and it's tough to get myself to do yoga or Pilates or anything other than traditional strength and cardio. But I've done this one SO many times! It's a little bit of strengthening--side planks, leg lifts, etc.--and a lot of joint mobility work. I consider it a recovery or prep workout. I'm doing a 5K tomorrow and did a duathlon last week. Did Dynamix before that one and felt really good. It just seems to really loosen up tight joints.

So, if you're looking for a recovery workout or something to help with joint stabilization, take another look at this one! I'm currently doing a Jillian Michaels Body Revolution rotation, plus training for another duathlon, but am planning to pull out Dynamix whenever I feel I need it.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 01:52 PM  
Daphne M

Dang it, Pratima, you know I can't resist a great recovery and mobility workout that helps with running! Curse you! **heads off to the Beachbody site** Sigh.
Breast Cancer Survivor
Sneaking up on the next event
Daphne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-16, 01:55 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Daphne, maybe you could trade for just the Dynamix disc? I do like the rest so far though. Love that they're only 30 minutes!

And maybe we should see how tomorrow's race goes before deciding whether it works!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 06-13-17, 10:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Old Thread Alert!

I just subscribed to BBOD and have been checking out the different workouts. I ordered the new P90 during the recent sale and it comes with the P90X3 Dynamix DVD, so I thought I'd check it out. I did it yesterday and really liked it. I had to modify a few moves, but really enjoyed the mobility and balance work.

This one will be a regular in my rotations!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-17, 10:56 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Glad you liked it Alta! I do think it's a really good one. I also like the P90X3 yoga workout. It's a pretty thorough little practice in 30 minutes.

Old 06-13-17, 11:08 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Glad you liked it Alta! I do think it's a really good one. I also like the P90X3 yoga workout. It's a pretty thorough little practice in 30 minutes.
Err, not too crazy about Tony's yoga.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 06-13-17, 11:24 AM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I'm generally not either, but the P90X3 yoga hits all the spots I need in a short amount of time. I confess, I haven't even tried most of the rest of the set yet!

Old 06-13-17, 11:59 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i had to go check my P90 set that i bought during Black Friday 2016 to see whether Dynamix came with it as a bonus. i got the Speed disc as a bonus.

if anyone has Dynamix and doesn't want it, PM me.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-17, 04:46 PM  
AnMrsDe

I LOVE Dynamix too!! I was just commenting in my check-in a few days ago how much I love this one for flexibility, hip mobility, stretching and core work all rolled into one! And Tony just cracks me up....I laugh every time he breaks out in song during the Polka Stretch! I like Isometrix too, but really LOVE Dynamix and CVX!!!! I just got this set in trade and can't wait to try the other workouts!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-17, 11:27 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I tried P90X3 Isometrics and sort of liked it. I really liked the leg balance work. I didn't like the endless variations of plank. Side plank and other plank variations bother my shoulders.

So, I just did regular planks. Still got a good workout.

I like Dynamix better though.

POSTURE CHECK!

Tags
isometrics, mobility, old thread alert, p90x3 dynamix, tony horton