Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-06, 12:39 PM  
chrisjeffnick

LOL! Just don't get the BFL for Women book. I've heard that is no good! See, I saved you some money too!
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 08:26 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg
I did the program for 3 weeks only and saw AMAZING RESULTS!!!! The best results I've seen on my body after only one week..... but i got bored and didn't do it anymore... I'm trying to get to it now... it's kind of hard for me though because I'm a vegetarian... but i truly recommend this program 100%
I'd love to hear some vegetarian modifications you liked.

OOPS - never mind - just looked upthread...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 08:36 AM  
Darisa

I'm on my third week using Cathe's PUB and PLB. I already see changes in my legs and arms. I'm really liking this rotation even though I'm using the same DVD every week.

Darisa
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-06, 11:37 AM  
MichelleRN

she used TJs for cardio, and free weights or Jari on weight training days

You're exactly right...she put her ankle weights on the body bar and would slide em off if it got too intense...likewise, she used the TJ hand weights to add more resistance...also a set of 3s,5s and 10s.........
MichelleRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 12:49 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann7616
The cardio and weight routines were short, but extremely intense and had to be done first thing in the morning.
Okay, I was really getting interested in getting BFL, but I have to workout most evenings (have to be to work by 6 a.m.!)...does it have to be "first thing in the morning"????????
Old 10-07-06, 02:05 PM  
KaNGaMaLoo

lfcjasp - I don't think it has to be done first thing, it's just that when Bill is describing some 'typical days' in the book, he does his workouts before anything else in the morning.

Also I know that one if the original BFL winners (can't remember the guys name.. he's mentioned in the book though and he's on the website and in the DVD's - I think he's still working with the company) used to do his workouts when he finished work very late in the evening - the gym gave him a key.

ETA:
Ah! Found him! Porter Freeman... you can see him here:
http://www.bodyforlife.com/success/B...asp?cmsId=1022
KaNGaMaLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-06, 03:51 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Okay, guess I WILL have to check this one out...thanks, KaNGaMaLoo!!!
Old 10-07-06, 06:02 PM  
Mary09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaNGaMaLoo
lfcjasp - I don't think it has to be done first thing, it's just that when Bill is describing some 'typical days' in the book, he does his workouts before anything else in the morning.
I agree the workouts don't need to be done first thing in the morning, but Phillips argues so heavily for it that it discouraged me from exercising at all for over a year, because I couldn't do it before work. He says "Scientific studies indicate that fat is burned much faster- up to 300% faster- when you exercise in the morning as opposed to doing the same exercise in the afternoon." Later he says "Doing intense aerobic exercise on an empty stomach for just 20 minutes first thing in the morning is more effective in burning fat than a full hour of aerobic exercise performed later in the day after you've eaten a few meals."
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-06, 11:06 PM  
walkinsunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09
I agree the workouts don't need to be done first thing in the morning, but Phillips argues so heavily for it that it discouraged me from exercising at all for over a year, because I couldn't do it before work. He says "Scientific studies indicate that fat is burned much faster- up to 300% faster- when you exercise in the morning as opposed to doing the same exercise in the afternoon." Later he says "Doing intense aerobic exercise on an empty stomach for just 20 minutes first thing in the morning is more effective in burning fat than a full hour of aerobic exercise performed later in the day after you've eaten a few meals."
I struggle with this also. It has also discouraged me from exercising at all since I couldn't do very am. Time for me to get past that.
walkinsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-06, 06:23 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Cool

Well, there is no way I'm getting up any earlier in the a.m. just to burn more calories (though it would be nice). But so far, watching how much I eat and working out WHEN I can is working okay for me...I can't afford to let anyone or their program discourage me anymore...sigh...

Tags
bfl, body for life