Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-06, 08:10 PM  
walkinsunshine

Anyone done Body For Life?

I want to try the Body For Life program but I can't figure out how to work it into my video collection workout routine. If you tried the program, how did it work for you & was there any videos that fit the programs type of workout schedule?
walkinsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-06, 08:19 PM  
Melody

I have not actually done the program but I have the book and think Cathe's PUB & PLB would work great with it -I think I would do a weight day then a intensity cardio day for 6 days then 1 rest day.

BTW there is a cook book by Bill Phillips-Eating For Life - that is awesome. Melody
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-06, 08:29 PM  
CarlaVeg

I did the program for 3 weeks only and saw AMAZING RESULTS!!!! The best results I've seen on my body after only one week..... but i got bored and didn't do it anymore... I'm trying to get to it now... it's kind of hard for me though because I'm a vegetarian... but i truly recommend this program 100%
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-06, 08:43 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I did it several years ago, and actually had to go out and buy heavier weights because I was doing so well. I don't remember much about how I did it, but I think I used the treadmill for cardio and weights on my own (no videos). I think I got bored, too.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 01:34 AM  
little bird

um.....I was just thinking....

Since you guys got such good results. is it something that could be done for 2 weeks. Switch to something else and then do another 2 weeks?
Laverne
little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 06:05 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Hmmmm...no, I don't think you should do it for only two weeks. It's so different than anything else. I don't know what I'm basing that opinion on though. I'd give it a month or so - if it was me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 06:32 AM  
Rhonda

I did it on my own at first and then after about 4-6 weeks missed the videos so I started to do Cathe's PUB/PLB and her Imax's. I would do intervals 1-5 one day and 6-10 the next day. Worked out well. I have since gotten rid of most of my cathe's.

Rhonda
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 06:40 AM  
MichelleRN

body for life

My best pal is finishing a 12 week BFL with her hubby - they followed it faithfully and she went from an already respectable 133 (at5''5) t0 123 - so she's actually planning on putting on 2-3pounds (don't feel sorry for her!)...she used TJs for cardio, and free weights or Jari on weight training days. She is usually vegetarian, and used homemade yogurt, cottage cheese, chickpeas/hummus and the like for protein....afternoon "meal"" on our work days (ICU 12.5 hour days) was a small yam with walnuts...kept her out of the infamous chocolate locker....seems like a good plan!
MichelleRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 07:11 AM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Gentle reminder..

Please do not discuss the specific diet or way of eating plan for BFL. Please limit the discussion to the exercise plan and strategies for said plan. Thanks.

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 08:24 AM  
moviegrl1737

I did BFL for about 9 weeks, and I got a little smaller, maybe one size. My friend said I was so buff, and had a killer body, news to me, I didn't think it looked that different. I was lifting way heavier than I had before or even since.
Insanity Grad
Half Marathon Finisher

"What you do today is important because you are trading a day of your life for it." - Unknown
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bfl, body for life