Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Polls
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-09, 10:06 AM  
Orlita

Usually sweats or yoga pants, with a cami. Prana's Amaya and Kari are my favorite camis ever: thick straps, flattering cut -- I wear them instead of a bra most days.

For pants, I have a few Vic Secret pairs, some whateverbrands from thrift, and I also have cotton jersey pajama bottoms from Target that are super comfortable for workouts. They have shorts, too.

And since it's cold in my old house, I wear my favorite crazy "elf" cardigan from the fabu etsy artist Katwise. I have her leg-warmers and arm-warmers, too. Everything's one of a kind. This is my cardigan. I have even done yoga while shopping at Katwise's "parades." Down dog, page refresh, forward bend, page refresh. It's crazy. But it got me my cardigan!
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 10:31 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I have a very large collection of workout wear.

I usually wear capris or bootcut pants (90% of the time black, but I also have dark blue and dark grey) with a pretty sports bra (warmer weather) or a longer top.

I often like to choose my outfits based on workouts: kickboxing is best in red and black (lol!) and upper-body workouts require tops that are somewhat low-cut in front and expose my arms so I can admire the pump in my chest and my arms in the mirror.

For my outdoor walk, I wear shorts (with dark boyshort undies) or capris, depending on the weather, with a waist-length top or a sports bra (or just my Cool Vest weighted vest).

Only very rarely will I wear something like sweats and a t (usually if it's something I've slept in and lounged around the house in and don't feel like changing).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 01:50 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Whatever I can find that doesn't smell too bad

No, I have a couple of Champion sports bras I rotate: it's hard to find supporting back-close bras, so I treasure these. I have a few pairs of workout pants, love the Champion ones they sold at Target a couple years ago. They're wearing out now and I'm not as happy with the current ones. I have a couple other pairs of capri length for when it's hot from Marshalls.

My fave tops are some lightweight v-neck cotton sleep tees from a Disney World outlet. My hips are just too wide to comfortably wear a long fitness top--they often roll up, which just looks and feels super.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 09:49 AM  
Janga

I have a gym room in my house so in there I wear minimal things and work out barefoot.

When I do go to the gym, it is just whatever.

Hiking, running, etc., outside, anything, never anything fancy.
Janga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 10:20 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

If doing cardio, I will wear an Enell bra and some workout shorts. If doing weights, I will wear a regular sports bra and workout pants/ shorts............

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 10:31 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I LOVE having matching workout clothes: black capris with turquoise stripes down the edge with a turquoise T-shirt and a black/white/turquoise sports bra, for instance. I always wear capris or yoga pants with a sports bra and a T-shirt or tank, but I have a drawerful of matching sets with various color accents: turquoise, pink, berry purple, lime green..... I really hate the all-black look, it's depressing! I like colors.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 10:50 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I really hate the all-black look, it's depressing! I like colors.
I favor all black, but then I live in NY. At home I wear whatever is handy and there's a good chance it's black. I'm a little fussier about what I wear to class. Prefer leggings to yoga pants -- I'm clumsy and can trip on my pant legs. Tops are tanks -- sleeves make me irritable. I don't like bright colors much, except for red.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 09:59 PM  
DeltaMan727

Since I exercise at home I exercise in women’s leotards, unitards, tights / carps and legwarmers if I’m doing high impact cardio. Since I now live in FL I try to exercise in as little as possible so 9 times of 10 it’s a leotard but a few times its been just panties. I LOVE Danskin, and One Step Ahead are my favorite brands.

Geoff

PS: If anyone has a leotard with the Firm Logo on the front send me a PM, I would love to get one!!
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 01:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMan727 View Post
Since I exercise at home I exercise in women’s leotards, unitards, tights / carps and legwarmers if I’m doing high impact cardio.
It is so hard to find carps that fit.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-09, 04:18 PM  
laurajhawk

For Christmas, DH gave me a whole lot of workout-wear from Athleta.. shorts, tops, leggings and a skirt. (He knows I'm really picky about pants and always get Victoria's Secret yoga pants.) I love the Athleta pieces! The Chakra tank is probably the most comfortable workout top I've had.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothes, workout clothing