Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-03, 04:27 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

OK, I'm stupid!

Thanks, Laura, I didn't realize they were supposed to "click." I tried turning them a little farther, & they definitely "clicked" & they feel lots ore secure. I was wondering how the heck they were taking so much time on the video putting the twigs on & off. I am going to try Total Sculpt + Abs again tomorrow, although I will probably only use the stick for the warmup, the abs, & for balancing, I think it's too light for the lat & chest work. I hope the stick works out, I figured roughly $9 to send the kit back to QVC through the U.S. mail: estimating 12 lbs. weight + insurance on $59. BTW, I also ordered Nancy's abs DVD (it came to $18 something with shipping & taxes), & I think it's a winner. I viewed all 3 sections, & none look too easy & have plenty of variety. I tried section 2, & it was definitely worth my time. Abs are my favorite body part to work.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-03, 05:06 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I just did Total Sculpt plus Abs today. I don't have the Firm stick. I used my 12 and 18 lb bodybars. The 18 lb was for the biceps and chest work. I would have used it for the back but then she pushes outward while sitting and I don't like that move with the 18 lb bar. I used my 4 lb mini bar for the ab work.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-03, 05:21 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

18 lb. bar, eh?

Helen, I have a 12 lb. bar. I guess I can use that & maybe 2- 8-10 lb. DB's for the biceps & chest work. I figure if I do the upper body work with both arms where they do it with only one, I will feel like I got a more substantial workout for my upper body. Is this what you do? I think this isn't a bad workout, really, but it just seems like for the amount of time spent, I would feel it more in my upper body.

Old 09-03-03, 05:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Hi Jennifer,

You could use dumbbells for the bicep curls. It would be kind of hard to do the chest work with the dumbbells. That's because there's a part where she does chest presses and then alternates with pull-overs. I don't know about you but I can lift more weight doing chest presses than pull-overs. That's why I only used my 18 lb bodybar for the chest work. This workout is decent but I like Emily's the best from the BSS2 kit.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-03, 03:20 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Thanks, Helen!

I did Total Sculpt + abs again this morning, & I liked it much better. I used 2- 8 lb. DB's for the shoulder presses & for the triceps kickbacks, & I did both arms twice instead of single arms once. I only have a 12 lb. bodybar, but I found it very effective for the biceps curls where they use the stick, & I used it for the chest presses & pulldowns on the floor. I also liked the abs better this time around, but I agree with you, Helen, I like the CAWT workout best. I guess I will be keeping this kit after all, it's a fun change of pace from the usual serious weight training, & I like all the abs sections. Thanks to everyone for all the advice, I wouldn't even have known that I wasn't putting the stick together right if I hadn't posted this thread.

Tags
body bar, bodybar, firm sculpting stick