Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-19, 09:42 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Has anyone made a 30-45 minute a day rotation using Cathe's premixes?

I am finding I don't have much time lately and really need to get back into the swing of things.

Has anyone made a Cathe rotation using premixes for shorter time frames? Did you like it? Did you feel worked enough?

I am really needing to tone up and lose weight. I'd love to hear what people have done!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 12:10 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Denise,
I've haven't done a premix rotation but I've used the shorter Cathe Live's when I was running short on time in the mornings.

I LOVE Cathe Live, it's my favorite subscription. You can "filter" the workouts by time and it's easy to make a choice depending on how much time you have that day to workout. There are tons of options in the 35-45 minute range!

HTH,
Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 02:18 PM  
Lannette

I haven’t done a Cathe only rotation but I do use the shorter premixes so often that I put lists of them on my blog. THIS link should work but if not just search for Cathe in the search bar. The weight list is UB because I don’t use weight training on my lower body but I’m pretty sure every UB premix has a matching LB premix on the same DVD.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 02:23 PM  
Lannette

HERE’S a link to the Cardio premixes. I need to add to it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-19, 02:32 PM  
Sharaz

Denise – Recently I was reviewing my collection to remember what I have and came across JNL Fusion. I think this is a great series that can get the job done in 30 mins. Not sure if you have or tried JNL before. Not everyone’s cup of tea

I followed the rotation to the T my first time for 8 weights with great results (30 mins add on). The second time I revised JNL, I doubled up the WOs to make it an hour. My workouts are generally hour-long which is my preference and need. However, I believe JNL works even following the original 30 mins set up. The second time I used rotated Shoulder Shredder, Fusion Lower Body, Cardio of Choice, Bicep Builder and Ballistic Back. The high impact cardio can be modified to low impact.

Re: Cathe premixes I need to look further, but some of her Full Body workouts offers short UB/LB premixes. Muscle Endurance and STS Total Body comes to my mind. A rotation may look like; LB, UB, Cardio, LB, UB.
Old 06-25-19, 08:40 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Keep in mind that Push-Pull is in the 30-45 minute range, as is ICE Metabolic Total Body, PHA 2, etc.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 05:21 AM  
bubbles76

Candiceena made a 30 minute Xtrain rotation using the premixes. Check the Rotations forum or do a tag search for Xtrain, I think. I will also see of I can find it.

Candiceena Rotation

Scroll down, mamaste posted the rotation.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 05:37 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Thanks everyone!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 06-26-19, 10:37 AM  
buffmama

Another idea is to do one of Cathe's monthly rotations but use the premixes for shorter workouts. This should work for most (the older ones might be harder) and sub-ing one Cathe workout for another isn't too difficult. I've been having a lot of fun with the monthly workouts.
Old 06-26-19, 06:42 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Another idea is to do one of Cathe's monthly rotations but use the premixes for shorter workouts. This should work for most (the older ones might be harder) and sub-ing one Cathe workout for another isn't too difficult. I've been having a lot of fun with the monthly workouts.
Great idea!

Tags
cathe, cathe premix, cathe premixes, cathe rotation