Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-16-19, 07:16 AM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Good thing I held onto my Firms, I was seriously considering getting rid of them because it had been so long since I reached for them, they feel like new again. I have thought of even reacquiring some other Firms, but don't really want to add more DVDs to my collection at this point so I will just stick with what I have.
I did end up re-acquiring a few FIRMs, and replacing some of my favorite VHS with DVDs. I also re-purchased some of the Pink FIRMs but I'm not liking most of them much.

I put all my other workouts in a big binder and so far I haven't taken any of them out to use.

I think I am reliving my younger days.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 04:02 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

To be honest, I don't care for most of the Pink Firms. Total Body Toner is good, and I like Hi Def Sculpt as well even though I think it has too many lunges in it. It has an Express version so I will likely hang onto it for that reason. I was going to get rid of the couple Pinks I have but think I am going to keep them. They are decent workouts when I am not up to a tougher Firm.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 11:11 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscF View Post
Hi Lucky Star!

I was wondering if you were still doing the one day Firm and one day walking workout rotation. I was thinking of doing something like that myself.

Do you get the results you wanted?

Thanks!

Lynne
Hi Lynne,
I did follow my Firm rotation for about 3 weeks but then it got really hot and the reps began to feel endless to me. I did start to tighten nicely though - the classic Firms always work - but I needed something that felt lighter and less choreographed. So I switched to a Gilad rotation and I've been *loving* it. It was just what I'd been craving: manageable exercise with minimal equipment, gorgeous scenery, and a lighter mood (with a sometimes silly sense of humor). I recently took about a week and a half off when I went on vacation and I haven't gotten back to regular exercising yet, but I will. And I plan to continue with Gilad into the fall.

Results-wise, I've continued to tighten all over and my abs have noticeably flattened. I've dropped 6 pounds (I'm also eating smarter) but I never measured so can't say whether or how many inches I've lost. I do feel healthier and fitter and haven't gotten bored so I call that a very good summer rotation.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 05:28 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So I switched to a Gilad rotation and I've been *loving* it. It was just what I'd been craving: manageable exercise with minimal equipment, gorgeous scenery, and a lighter mood (with a sometimes silly sense of humor). I recently took about a week and a half off when I went on vacation and I haven't gotten back to regular exercising yet, but I will. And I plan to continue with Gilad into the fall.
Gina, which Gilad workouts have you been using and how often?

Every couple of years (always in the summer) I get back to working out with him for pretty much the same reasons as you do. I started last week with his Express workouts and I just got Total Body Sculpt 4, 5 & 6. Each DVD has three 23minute workouts which is just perfect to add on to some cardio if I want to. I appreciate Gilad's simple but effective exercises and with him, I always feel like I've actually accomplished something in the short period of time and without the endless reps. I also enjoy his longer workouts when I'm in the mood and I never feel beat up when I'm done.
Old 08-18-19, 06:45 AM  
donnamp

Yes, Gina, I would love to hear more about your Gilad rotation plan. I also need manageable in terms of time and effort and although the FIRM has a special place in my heart, I don't have the time for an hour + each day (nor do I have the energy or attention span, LOL!)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 06:50 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hi Dana and Donna,
I have a lot of Gilad DVDs and have been mostly doing his 45 min workouts. I usually modify any/most impact cardio. This is my weekly schedule:

SUN - Sculpt & Tone
MON - (REST DAY - just active moving, light stretching/yoga)
TUE - Total Body Sculpt Plus (I have all 6; I just pick one)
WED - 45/45 Split Routine Cardio
THU - 45/45 Split Routine Strength
FRI - (REST DAY - just active moving, light stretching/yoga)
SAT - Gilad *choice* (could be another TBS+ or Fit in Jerusalem or Ada's Basic Training or Step Aerobics or ...)

Within this rotation there are both repetitive workouts I do each week *and* variety which I like. 5 days works better for me than 6 and I like taking Mondays and Fridays off since they're my most tiring work days -- or will be when I resume preschool teaching in September. Though I'm sure I'll occasionally switch to his shorter workouts when I need to. I save his longest workouts (60m) for weekends.

Also should mention that a while ago I was doing Leslie several times a week and my left hip began really aching (I think Sherry had a similar reaction) so I've stopped walking videos for now.
Old 08-18-19, 08:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks, Gina! I too have a lot of Gilads to choose from and right now I plan to do one of his strength workouts every other day. I need to do more strength training.

I still do some Leslies (and other walking workouts) but only couple of days a week now. I have Morton's Neuroma in my right foot and the repetitive walking that's pretty much in place tends to aggravate it. Rather than making this an excuse for limiting my walking workouts, I need to get serious about finally losing some weight which would help with the neuroma.

Thanks again and I'm off to do some Gilad!
Old 08-18-19, 08:42 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I have Morton's Neuroma in my right foot and the repetitive walking that's pretty much in place tends to aggravate it.
Sorry to hear that!
Quote:
Thanks again and I'm off to do some Gilad!
Oh have fun!
Old 08-18-19, 07:00 PM  
donnamp

Thanks Gina! Hi, Dana!

I have a large collection of Gilad, both downloads and DVDs and your rotation looks good.

I can't do many walking workouts a week either - tends to aggravate my hips and lower back. The most i can deal with is every other day with the indoor walks.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 11:35 AM  
BriscF

That's great news, Lucky Star!

And as far as the heat, boy, it's been killer in Colorado too, but I've been sweating it out. Last week, I did two days of LAM + TAM but kept it to an hour by skipping a few sections, and two days of Hi Def Sculpt and an add on of sect. 4 of Calorie Explosion first. Kept my HR up for almost the entire HDS wo which was nice and adding a short cardio as a warm up was something that I never consider before, but thanks to this forum will most likely do from now on.

I am thinking I will do the first half of Vol. 1 and the cardio section of Gilad's Best of Bodies in Motion for two days, and Cardio Inferno and Cardio Burn for Weight Loss (Madeleine Lewis) for my other two days.

Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Hi Lynne,
I did follow my Firm rotation for about 3 weeks but then it got really hot and the reps began to feel endless to me. I did start to tighten nicely though - the classic Firms always work - but I needed something that felt lighter and less choreographed. So I switched to a Gilad rotation and I've been *loving* it. It was just what I'd been craving: manageable exercise with minimal equipment, gorgeous scenery, and a lighter mood (with a sometimes silly sense of humor). I recently took about a week and a half off when I went on vacation and I haven't gotten back to regular exercising yet, but I will. And I plan to continue with Gilad into the fall.

Results-wise, I've continued to tighten all over and my abs have noticeably flattened. I've dropped 6 pounds (I'm also eating smarter) but I never measured so can't say whether or how many inches I've lost. I do feel healthier and fitter and haven't gotten bored so I call that a very good summer rotation.
BriscF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, the firm