Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-19, 06:51 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Hey, I just did FIRM Crosstrainers: Strength today, and Pam puts you through some pulsing lunges, too!
I put this workout in the player last weekend and Joni'od it after 10 minutes. This is the second time in a row that I have done that when doing this workout. And this one used to be my favorite or one of them.

Pulsing lunges don't bother me but pulsing squats sure do, they are really hard on my back. I ended up doing Cathe's Legs and Glutes (most of it, skipped a few parts) and it was much better. When she does pulses or low ends I sub a slower count or a hold. I could have done that with Firm Strength but for some reason I was just not into it.

Not sure what is going on with me and the Firm.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 08:18 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I could have done that with Firm Strength but for some reason I was just not into it.
Hey, it happens. And it could have been your mood, the outfits, or that dark library set.

I don't think I have ever stopped one workout and swapped in another. I've certainly stopped one and just stopped working out for the day entirely, which I've done more than a few times on FIRM Volume 1 (like doing just half). But I feel like if something isn't connecting with me and I'm not feeling like I can either take a break or sub in another move, it must be my body telling me I'm done. Kudos to you for trying something different.
Old 06-14-19, 01:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I just never clicked with the library set.
I did a fair amount of Volume 3 back in the day but I've never actually *liked* it so I'm not using it.
Volume 2's standing sets can feel endless (sigh). Volume 1 is still pretty fun though.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 03:52 PM  
BriscF

Hi Lucky Star!

I was wondering if you were still doing the one day Firm and one day walking workout rotation. I was thinking of doing something like that myself.

Do you get the results you wanted?

Thanks!

Lynne
BriscF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 07:44 PM  
Sara1000

This summer I dug out all my old FIRMs (about 50) and am doing the FIRM 90 Day Rotation as well as walking a mile or more each day. Some days I also go to the gym and ride the exercise bike. I am retired so I have to look for ways to keep moving throughout the day.

I don't know about 'results you can see' but I feel great and I'm keeping my weight down.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 07:52 PM  
Sara1000

This is what I am using. 90 Day Plug-n-Play Rotation Calendar.pdf
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 09:02 PM  
maitai

Vol 2 & 6 are the best for me.
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 09:12 PM  
ncl

I am doing a rotation of 3 days a week Firm or TL workouts and the other workouts, typically 3 days per week some kinda cardio and LOVING it. I also am getting my butt kicked by these Firm workouts. I think I musta gotten outta shape a little bit somewhere along the line. I love that whole body worked out feeling I get from the old Firms. I think Volume 1 is my absolute favorite, followed by Volume 2 and 4. I am also digging my Tracie Long workouts and have been doing the ones that most remind me of Firms like Staying Power and Strength in Movement.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 04:59 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Hey, it happens. And it could have been your mood, the outfits, or that dark library set.

I don't think I have ever stopped one workout and swapped in another. I've certainly stopped one and just stopped working out for the day entirely, which I've done more than a few times on FIRM Volume 1 (like doing just half). But I feel like if something isn't connecting with me and I'm not feeling like I can either take a break or sub in another move, it must be my body telling me I'm done. Kudos to you for trying something different.
I am guessing it was my mood, while I have always liked the Firm I tend to roll my eyes at the cheesy comments. I find the library set to be dark but it doesn't bother me really, I like the smaller cast in these two actually.

I did Firm Cardio this week (skipping the abs and the cardio segments as they were in Tough Cardio Mix which I also did this week). I really enjoyed it and got a nice workout in. I use a shorter box now, 10 inches. Not sure I will go back to 12 inches at this point, I think 10 is good and kinder to my hips.

I will revisit Firm Strength next week, or if I am feeling ambitious, this weekend. I will have to modify some sections, the pulsing lunges don't bother me but the pulsing squats do.

Good thing I held onto my Firms, I was seriously considering getting rid of them because it had been so long since I reached for them, they feel like new again. I have thought of even reacquiring some other Firms, but don't really want to add more DVDs to my collection at this point so I will just stick with what I have.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-19, 05:42 AM  
Carol K

I'm still doing Tonda's monthly Facebook rotation of FIRM and BeMax 6 days per week. I am 62.

Tags
gilad, the firm