Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-19, 05:23 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I'm currently doing Jari halfsies/weights and abs mixed with Leslie or kickboxing. I sneak in ab work and dedicated stretch workouts when I can.
I did Firm vol 1 today and could only manage the first half without collapsing.
I guess for now I'm doing a halfsies rotation too.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 06:57 PM  
ncl

Y’all are giving my workout ADD a rough time with all these firm threads. I am taking a week off my current rotation, so maybe I should see about a Firm this week.

I used to go to Firm classes 3 days per week and walk 3 days a week, 4 miles. I was in my 20s and it was a good way to do things. I often walked with friends too so that was fun.

I used to love that whole body tingly worked out feeling I got after a firm class.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 07:48 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Combining Jari with the Firm is a good idea. Maybe I will try that too. I only have the original Ripped and I really like it but don't do it much because it's longer, have thought about trying it as a split though as it's well chaptered and it would be easy to do.

I only have 5 Firm weight workouts too so one more will make it an even number and I can shoot for 2 weight workouts per week. I don't think I can do the Firm in long durations anymore like I used to but it's worth a shot. I will have to modify these days though, lower tall box, etc.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 07:59 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Combining Jari with the Firm is a good idea. Maybe I will try that too. I only have the original Ripped and I really like it but don't do it much because it's longer, have thought about trying it as a split though as it's well chaptered and it would be easy to do....
I'm going to split the original Ripped this way (copied this from a review that used to be on Collage Video):

Day 1 – warm-up, chest, triceps, biceps, shoulders, abs, cool-down

Day 2 – warm-up, squats, back, adductors/abductors, dead lifts, lunges, cool-down

I may try this tomorrow after work if I'm not too fried!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 08:18 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I'm going to split the original Ripped this way (copied this from a review that used to be on Collage Video):

Day 1 – warm-up, chest, triceps, biceps, shoulders, abs, cool-down

Day 2 – warm-up, squats, back, adductors/abductors, dead lifts, lunges, cool-down

I may try this tomorrow after work if I'm not too fried!
I also took my halfsies idea from a VF thread:

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=211995
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 08:26 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I also took my halfsies idea from a VF thread:

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=211995
I missed that thread--thanks!!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 05:46 AM  
Carol K

I, of course, am doing the FIRM/BeMax rotations from Tonda's Facebook group. Tonight is Cardio to the Core and Core Toner from the Flat Abs Solutions DVD.
Old 06-06-19, 08:55 AM  
Kumbuyah

To me there is nothing like the Firm, my body responds so well to it (although vol 1 and vol 2 aren't my favorites but get results)
Kumbuyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-19, 11:07 AM  
kat999

Since we've been discussing the benefits of combining Jari with the FIRM, as they have complementary modalities, are there are series/instructors (aside from the obvious Tracie Long, FitPrime, etc.) that would go well in a FIRM combination rotation?

I've been mildly curious, for example, about Jillian Michaels newish all-strength DVD, but I haven't caved yet because the breakdown sounds like the first of the two 30-minute sets is all weights, no cardio, but the second workout includes weighted plyos, and while there is a modifier, that just sounds horrible to me. When something like that comes up in JL or a FIRM or whatever else I'm doing, I just kind of do what I can and modify a few of the reps down, but I don't want to waste money on a DVD if half of the material is stuff I'm going to have to modify or not do at all. I also have a ton of JM videos and find I sort of do that with all of them, and thus I've been considering ditching the entire set.

I LIKE her, I'm just not sure if I still connect with her style with where I am with health and fitness.
Old 06-07-19, 09:55 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I like the classics, but I am not a big fan of Vol 3. I love Vol 4 That is the perfect length for a workout, to me. I am planning on doing Body Sculpt Blaster tomorrow with Nancy. I usually do shorter workouts on the weekend.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, the firm