Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-19, 06:39 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Smile My Firm 1/2 summer

On the heels of the recent Firm classics thread, I decided I'm really tired of flitting among various workout styles and, since school is ending soon and I'll have more time available, I'm committing to a very simple rotation and want to put it 'out there'. I'll do a Firm classic (most probably volumes 1 and 2 in some combination, perhaps modifying as needed) 3x a week and either a long walk or 3-5 mile Leslie/Jessica video the other days. I plan to dedicate one day a week to a long Jane Adams gentle yoga routine, plus occasional short sections here and there throughout the week.

I felt great and had the best results of my life bar none using these Firm videos years ago and I'm curious to see how my body responds now.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 07:36 AM  
bubbles76

Yea! When I struggle with what to do I always fall back on Cathe, Amy Bento, Christie Taylor, and of course the Firm. Jessica Smith is another instructor who just makes me feel good. I always get results with the Firm, even though I'm a new Firm devotee.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 07:50 AM  
MsThistlebottom

I like it!

I've been thinking of doing something similar with Jari's workouts for strength/endurance. I had the best results when I was doing her workouts with walks or Pilates on alternate days. Of course, that was more than a few years ago and I'm older and out of shape, but the original Ripped can be done as a split if necessary. And she now has 30-minute routines. Jane Adams yoga would be a nice complement!

Go for it and let us know how you're doing!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 11:20 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I like it!

I've been thinking of doing something similar with Jari's workouts for strength/endurance. I had the best results when I was doing her workouts with walks or Pilates on alternate days. Of course, that was more than a few years ago and I'm older and out of shape, but the original Ripped can be done as a split if necessary. And she now has 30-minute routines. Jane Adams yoga would be a nice complement!

Jari is actually such a great complement to the FIRM, and I've thought about doing an all Jari/FIRM rotation. I tend to get great results from both of them, and mixing in some cardio and stretching would top it off.
Old 06-04-19, 11:29 AM  
alisoncooks

Sounds like a great plan! I've never been able to get into the Firm workouts but I can see how they'd give great results!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 03:10 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Jari is actually such a great complement to the FIRM, and I've thought about doing an all Jari/FIRM rotation. I tend to get great results from both of them, and mixing in some cardio and stretching would top it off.
Lol I actually debated doing classic Jari workouts instead of Firms, but then I thought of all those pulsing lunges.

I'll be sure to update this thread as the weeks go by. Good luck to everyone with their summer plans!
Old 06-04-19, 05:59 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Lol I actually debated doing classic Jari workouts instead of Firms, but then I thought of all those pulsing lunges.
Hey, I just did FIRM Crosstrainers: Strength today, and Pam puts you through some pulsing lunges, too!
Old 06-04-19, 08:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Hey, I just did FIRM Crosstrainers: Strength today, and Pam puts you through some pulsing lunges, too!
That's why I never do that Firm.
Old 06-05-19, 07:13 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I am back to doing the Firm as well. I am probably going to mix other instructors like Jessica Smith in too. Today I did Maximum Cardio Burn plus Abs with Allie

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-19, 07:19 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
I like it!

I'm currently doing Jari halfsies/weights and abs mixed with Leslie or kickboxing. I sneak in ab work and dedicated stretch workouts when I can.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gilad, the firm