Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-01-19, 07:39 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizh View Post
I have a pretty big Firm collection and I stray away from time to time to try other instructors but I always seems to head back to the Firm.

All that to say, I like having my large collection because I go through different phases where sometimes I prefer the pinks, then I prefer the classics, then I prefer BSS4, etc.

Liz
Liz- This describes me! I have many Firms (I haven't counted, but A LOT!) and even though I enjoy other instructors, I always come back to the Firm! And I rotate as to which I prefer, too. Sometimes it's the BSS era, sometimes the pinks, sometimes the classics.
Old 06-01-19, 07:39 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I’m sure I’ve had all the Firms at one time or another, some multiple times. I remember being on a mission to find all those I got rid of so I’d have a complete collection again - including paying a small fortune for Cardio Step Mix and Ballroom Aerobics on eBay. But then I started weeding again, and even now have many of them in my “Goodwill box.” I still do Firms 1-3 times a week and have no intention of ever giving them up. I never do the Classics - mostly those of the BSS1 and 2 era. In fact, I think I’ll do Body Sculpt Blaster with Nancy today.

i’m still looking for at least one of the Cross Trainers that my quote was included at the beginning of. Why I ever got rid of those, I’ll never know. Annette had to cut the quotes when she made the Fit Prime DVDs. I’d love to convert just one to DVD, if anyone wants to lend their VHS to me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-19, 10:38 AM  
kat999

So what I've decided to do for now is get the ones I've never owned before on DVD, if they're easy to find without resorting to eBay, then I'll see where I am. Some really popular older ones I never owned because I felt like they were already well-sampled on several compilation titles I have, or my local library had a copy I would occasionally check out (that is no longer true now; my local library ditched all their VHS a while back). As a result, I ordered Crosstrainers Strength yesterday, and then I'll see if I can treat myself about once a week this summer. The DVD version of this was really easy to find and extremely well-priced. While I'd love to have a complete set, I'm frugal to a fault and not willing to pay over $20 per title.

What do you all think of some of the more gimmicky sets of the later Pink era, just before the Wave and Express? Some of the ones I ditched a few years ago were Tina Smalley's resistance band one, Rebekah's weighted gloves DVD (mostly because my cats destroyed the gloves!), and Alison's weird little round band one. I never owned any of the stability ball, yoga, or pilates titles, either, since I felt like the whole point of the FIRM was their "style" of workouts, not jumping on a different bandwagon (although I do love Emily's recovery workout, the title of which escapes me).

The one kit I'm really debating about is the Zip trainer, because I've been pretty anti-HIIT lately and while I like Express okay, it takes me some modifying on the bursts on some days. It's not even so much the impact as the frenetic pace, which is why I prefer their slower, heavier weights-focused workouts generally. One exception is Cardio Burn, which is an amazing calorie torcher and I just force myself to get through it.
Old 06-01-19, 10:44 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
What do you all think of some of the more gimmicky sets of the later Pink era, just before the Wave and Express? Some of the ones I ditched a few years ago were Tina Smalley's resistance band one, Rebekah's weighted gloves DVD (mostly because my cats destroyed the gloves!), and Alison's weird little round band one. I never owned any of the stability ball, yoga, or pilates titles, either, since I felt like the whole point of the FIRM was their "style" of workouts, not jumping on a different bandwagon (although I do love Emily's recovery workout, the title of which escapes me).
I love Power Sculpt with Allie! It's the one that came with the green sculpting stick. It's only 19 minutes and it's my go-to when I don't feel like working out.
Old 06-01-19, 10:56 AM  
Carol K

The only retail kits I bought were the four that Gaiam released in 2006, because I thought the equipment would be used in future workouts. When I realized that wasn't the case, I stopped buying them. Although I did buy the Sculpting Stick Pro that came with Power Sculpt, because my old sculpting stick was broken inside. I have Power Yoga from 2004, but I didn't get the 2006 yoga workout that came with the mat. But I love the BeMax yoga workouts. I did Restoring Flow this morning.
Old 06-01-19, 11:09 AM  
kat999

Oh, yes, I have the green stick one, which I then started using in the BSS2 workouts that had their own stick (since I never had that stick), and I also use it in the older workouts in place of a dowel. I used it yesterday to do the Tortoise in place of the barbell. It's incredibly versatile and offers a bigger challenge than the dowel, since it's weighted but not too heavily, and as I'm short, it's a perfect height to use as a balance tool for lunges and dips. It's too bad that there weren't more workouts specifically for that device itself, but I would say it's the best of those one-item equipment-focused workouts.
Old 06-02-19, 06:37 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I love Power Sculpt with Allie! It's the one that came with the green sculpting stick. It's only 19 minutes and it's my go-to when I don't feel like working out.
I love this one too! So much fun!
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the firm