Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-19, 11:01 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I'm 61 and I do FIRM and BeMax workouts 6 days per week. Not just the old FIRMs, all of them. In 2015 I replaced all my VHS FIRMs with DVD, except for the 6 compilations and the one Basic workout that I have. I have 106 FIRM workouts and with the 31 BeMax workouts, I never get bored, even though there are no more new workouts for me to buy.
How do the BeMax workouts compare? I've been reluctant to try those, but I also crave new content from the most recent FIRM instructors. I know they're not making anymore, but 31 is a LOT, after all, so I'm not surprised they ended that series.
Old 04-29-19, 11:15 AM  
Carol K

There are more separate cardio and sculpting workouts, not as many where they are combined. There is a series called Core & Restore that I love. It includes a strength & balance workout with a small weighted ball, a barre workout that uses a chair, a stability ball workout and a stretch workout. Then there is a yoga series called Flow that is taught by instructor Kelly, who I find really appealing. There are a lot of ten minute workouts that are meant to be combined or added to other workouts.
Old 04-29-19, 01:49 PM  
unfetteredpast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I feel like the really old original ones I have on VHS only are fabulous, fun, and amusingly weird at times,
I think this is the best description I have ever heard of the FIRM workouts
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 07:53 AM  
Dabbadooey

What is that group called on Facebook? I did a search and can't find it.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 08:32 AM  
firmaniac

The group on facebook is named "The Firm Original Workout Series". I am co-Admin there with the group's founder. We have over 2000 members devoted to Classic FIRM videos. We are privileged to have a good number of former FIRM instructors as active members. Our photo archive is priceless, and because of the nature of Facebook we are liberal with photos daily. This fosters closeness and friendship in a delightful way. Please join us if you are interested! There has been a recent uptick due to the announcement that The FLEX ( former FIRM gym) is closing in July.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 08:35 AM  
Carol K

Julie, do you have a link to the info about The Flex closing? I knew about it, but only second-hand. I was never able to find Emily's announcement.
Old 04-30-19, 09:04 AM  
bubbles76

Julie, I just requested to join the group
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 11:31 AM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Julie, do you have a link to the info about The Flex closing? I knew about it, but only second-hand. I was never able to find Emily's announcement.
https://www.facebook.com/emily.welsh...568341/?type=3
Old 04-30-19, 11:38 AM  
kat999

I just requested to join the FB group, too! And how sad about the Flex closing. I honestly hope Emily can regroup and do something new, maybe a YouTube channel. It sounds like this was kind of abrupt and sad, but it gives everybody a chance to maybe build new brands.
Old 04-30-19, 11:39 AM  
Carol K

Thank you. Someone tried to send me this video in a Facebook message, but it didn't work. Very sad. I wonder what they are going to do with the equipment.

Tags
firm, revisiting the firm, the firm