Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-20-19, 10:50 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

What about Annie, Sumi and Allison?
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 11:20 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Allison was part of BEMAX. What about Christa?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 11:42 PM  
MoFirmer

Annie has two twin sons. Sue Mi I'm not sure what she's doing. Alison worked on BEMAX and still teaches at The Flex.

Christa teaches at Jamie Scott Fitness I think.
Old 01-21-19, 06:22 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I had two of them: the original and the sturdier replacement and I hated both of them. I use the TransFirmer for the BSS3 workouts.
This...I threw the original straight into the trash. Worst piece of equipment I have ever used. And yes, I was standing on top of it when it decided to collapse from under me.

The Transfirmer was good though, unloaded mine though the last time I moved as I didn't have space for it anymore.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 06:47 AM  
Carol K

I actually never had a problem with the sturdiness of the Box. I just couldn't adjust it any reasonable amount of time. They didn't test it out in classes at the FIRM studio before releasing it, or I don't think it would ever have been released.
Old 01-21-19, 01:07 PM  
MoFirmer

I'm another one who had two of the original FIRM incline box and never had problems with either of them!

I did however LOVE the new version that came out later with the incline two piece stackable. I use it but now use the STEP with incline risers. It is a longer step than the FIRM incline box and is better for my 5'9" frame. LOL!
Old 01-21-19, 02:05 PM  
kat999

So I did the "Death Box" workout yesterday (it's the Lisa Kay cardio one), and I just used a regular small aerobic step (specifically the Stamina Step, which I've had forever and adore for its tiny size and, when I got it, its low price), and it worked just great. I couldn't tell you what the point of the incline-ability of the step itself is. A single-height aerobic step (and, likely, any of their box system items) would obviously work perfectly.

That said, the workout itself was extremely challenging, and I loved it. I don't know if anyone has mentioned where Lisa Kay is today throughout this thread? I like her calm demeanor, but she also tends to lead some of the more challenging workouts (except for her abs workout in the original BSS1 set, which I find incredibly wimpy).
Old 01-21-19, 03:29 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Lisa is on Facebook. I mentioned that she had at one time been teaching in Columbia - not at BodyFit or the Firm - but I don’t think she’s still teaching.

She did The Bean informercial after The Firm - and Bean II?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 03:36 PM  
Carol K

There was another fitness studio in Columbia where some of the instructors who didn't stay with the Firm and didn't go to BodyFit went to teach and I used to know the name of it, but I don't remember it now. Lisa went there and Sue Mi and several others.
Old 01-21-19, 03:59 PM  
aquakat

I picture everyone in Columbia being incredibly fit with all these great instructors around!
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bean, bemax, firm history, firm instructors, fitfusion, pam cauthen meriwether, parayoga.com, tamela hastie, the firm