Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-19, 03:24 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Love reading about all of the Firm instructors! I still do Firms from time to time, and I still love Stephanie's PowerFit workouts

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 12:17 PM  
kat999

Inspired by all this, I was at a used bookstore last night and scored three Good Times-era FIRM DVDs for a little under ten bucks, total. Two of them use the Fanny Lifter system, which I already have, and one of them uses that weird foldable step device, which IIRC didn't make it into very many workouts. I think Emily leads one, Allie leads one, and Lisa leads one. While I don't have that foldable step, I have a regular step and figure I can kind of modify. Did anyone ever have that device?
Old 01-19-19, 02:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Inspired by all this, I was at a used bookstore last night and scored three Good Times-era FIRM DVDs for a little under ten bucks, total. Two of them use the Fanny Lifter system, which I already have, and one of them uses that weird foldable step device, which IIRC didn't make it into very many workouts. I think Emily leads one, Allie leads one, and Lisa leads one. While I don't have that foldable step, I have a regular step and figure I can kind of modify. Did anyone ever have that device?
Yes, it was fondly(?) nicknamed "the Death Box" because of reports of it collapsing while being used.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 03:10 PM  
Carol K

I had two of them: the original and the sturdier replacement and I hated both of them. I use the TransFirmer for the BSS3 workouts.
Old 01-19-19, 07:35 PM  
Sunshine

Does anyone have any updates on the Asian exerciser in the original Classic Firms?

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 07:57 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
Does anyone have any updates on the Asian exerciser in the original Classic Firms?
Narcisa "Narty" Waters? I've wondered about her too.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-19, 08:33 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post

I still have that box and use it for yearly rotations. I've never had a bit of trouble with it. IIRC, you can use the Transfirmer for those workouts as well.
Old 01-19-19, 09:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Narcissa Waters is on Facebook; she is friends with Susan Harris Davis there:
https://www.facebook.com/ncwaters

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 09:37 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I got rid of my Death Box years ago and use my Transfirmer instead. I still love The Firm and usually do them a couple times a week.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-19, 11:56 AM  
kat999

HA! The "Death Box," that's hilarious. I will try that one today and see if a combination of the Fanny Lifter stackables and my regular aerobic step will work okay.

Tags
bean, bemax, firm history, firm instructors, fitfusion, pam cauthen meriwether, parayoga.com, tamela hastie, the firm