Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-19, 08:36 AM  
sherry7899

Once my package ever gets here (it ended up in Kansas, even though I live in NJ !) I will be grateful for the long warmups. I need those! Gin Miller is another instructor who does long warmups.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 09:30 AM  
Hilary

I think some people might have misunderstood me ... it's not that I thought the Abs 1 and 2 workouts were *bad* ... I replied to a friend this way:

My objection to Abs 1 and 2 isn't to the workouts per se. They fit in nicely with the other nine zillion advanced core routines that Cathe has already produced. My problem was with the fact that this was marketed as an intermediate series and I think she should have carried that idea consistently through all the workouts. If you lack core strength, as an intermediate probably would, you risk injuring your back with moves that require full situps and the like. So if I wanted to recommend this series to an intermediate exerciser, I'd have to add the caveat, "Well, they're intermediate except for the abs ... do something different for that." I felt her modifications were added as an afterthought, especially since no other exerciser was doing them (so how would an intermediate figure out what to do?). Aren't there more appropriate exercises that would suit an intermediate exerciser? How about some standing abs work or balance moves? Jessica does a lot of those and they are gentler moves while still helping with core strength. I would have liked to see Cathe's take on those.
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 09:36 AM  
LoveVA

Cardio Party question

Are there any premixes that mix in Calorie Crush?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:05 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I think some people might have misunderstood me ... it's not that I thought the Abs 1 and 2 workouts were *bad* ... I replied to a friend this way:

My objection to Abs 1 and 2 isn't to the workouts per se. They fit in nicely with the other nine zillion advanced core routines that Cathe has already produced. My problem was with the fact that this was marketed as an intermediate series and I think she should have carried that idea consistently through all the workouts. If you lack core strength, as an intermediate probably would, you risk injuring your back with moves that require full situps and the like. So if I wanted to recommend this series to an intermediate exerciser, I'd have to add the caveat, "Well, they're intermediate except for the abs ... do something different for that." I felt her modifications were added as an afterthought, especially since no other exerciser was doing them (so how would an intermediate figure out what to do?). Aren't there more appropriate exercises that would suit an intermediate exerciser? How about some standing abs work or balance moves? Jessica does a lot of those and they are gentler moves while still helping with core strength. I would have liked to see Cathe's take on those.
Excellent explanation. I totally agree.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:16 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post

I see what you mean. I guess I look at it a bit differently. This Ab WO feels easier to me than Cathe’s advanced abs. It’s slower, less reps, more rest, modifications given. In this way “to me” it is intermediate.

If someone lacks the core strength or stability to do the easiest modifications, taking breaks as needed, I’d consider them a “Cathe” Beginner. (To me a Cathe Intermediate can be advanced when using a different instructor’s WOs)

That’s my take only and I provide it so you understand where I’m coming from not because I think you’re wrong. It’s a frame of reference thing.

FWIW, I have had issues with SIJ instability in the not so distant past and emerged unscathed and not at all sore today.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:18 AM  
ChelePA

Posted on Facebook but thought I would add it here too.

Starting the Lite rotation that was posted in the calendar. Today it was cardio party with calorie crush. I wasn’t sure what to expect as I usually do not like floor cardio. I really enjoyed this one. It’s definitely intermediate as expected but easily can be made more difficult. You can wear weighted gloves/hold light hand weights, jump higher or touch the ground on many of the moves. Also for the calorie crush, you can add two risers or add intensity to the moves. If you have never done Cathe’s step routines—There’s going to be a learning curve. She doesn’t break down the moves. They are fun but may take a beginner a few tries to learn. And I really liked the music too!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:25 AM  
laurajhawk

ChelePA, where was the rotation posted? I'm a Cathe newbie and with my workouts scheduled to arrive today, I would like to have a rotation (even though I already know I'm not doing the Cardio Party calorie crush, lol! I am so not a step girl).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:31 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
ChelePA, where was the rotation posted? I'm a Cathe newbie and with my workouts scheduled to arrive today, I would like to have a rotation (even though I already know I'm not doing the Cardio Party calorie crush, lol! I am so not a step girl).
I think someone said it was on Cathe's yearly wall calendar.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:49 AM  
ChelePA

I can’t get it to upload. Sorry! I can type out first week until Cathe gets manual uploaded. Let me know if interested.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-19, 10:51 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Beth, my status still says processing and I received mine yesterday. Actually all my orders say that. Did you check your spam box? That’s where my shipping notification was.
Thanks, Lannette. I checked and no shipping yet. We had heavy snow last week. Maybe that slowed things down.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands