Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-18, 07:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sculpting RX looks really good. I didn't order because I have so many other KCM videos including Build & Burn.

Does Kelly still have New Year sales? I recall a couple in which she charged $9.99 per video.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 07:47 AM  
sherry7899

I think she had a sale last year, but she might (I could be wrong) exclude the most recent releases. Does anyone remember?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 11:05 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Did anyone receive the dvds yet? Thanks!
Just got mine yesterday! I’m in MN. Will try the sculpt one this weekend.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 11:17 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Mine are out for delivery, at least I think that's what's coming in today's mail. I have a USPS package coming today from MN, and I seem to recall the curious detail that KCM's orders come from there. Would also make sense since Joan's arrived already and she is in MN. As an FYI I have USPS delivery notification where I can view mail/packages that are coming to me, and that's how I know "something" is coming. Kelly doesn't send out shipping notices, IIRC, so I'm making use of my finely honed detective skills.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 12:35 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Post reviews when you get them!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 02:56 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

They did arrive today, from MN! I also got Steven SanSoucie's workouts yesterday so I'm debating which I'm going to try this afternoon. I'm leaning toward Kelly's kickbox step 2. I'll post my impressions once I am finished.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 03:15 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Got both Step Boxing and Sculpting Rx!

I did the Sculpting Rx (Cardio Sculpting) lighter weight workout today! I liked it and it's different from previous Kelly workouts. While it has compound moves she introduces the exercise and then layers it by adding an upper or lower body element to the mix. In between some of the sculpting exercises she works the core with standing ab moves (waist rotations, punching, leg raises/kicks, etc.) There are not endless reps of anything. She keeps moving and changing things up very creatively. It's not a walk in the park if you're using the suggested weight (five to eight pounds.) She said you may need to go lighter which I did (with my shoulder issues.) The music is fun, Kelly is encouraging and enthusiastic, and the crew are busy working. You have the usual backgrounders (Sam, Lori, and Noelle) but there is a new Lori with blonde hair in the back right corner who I haven't seen before. Kelly goes to the floor for the last ten minutes to work chest and abs (and I skipped the push-ups this time around.) My only negative is the main menu is very bright red/blue combo and the workouts aren't named (workout one and workout two) so you only know which one is which from the intro and beginning warmup. She uses a step in the heavy weight workout and doesn't in the lighter weight one. Overall, I'm very pleased with this and happy to have it in my collection.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 03:17 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think she had a sale last year, but she might (I could be wrong) exclude the most recent releases. Does anyone remember?
You're right, she's always excluded the recent releases.

I didn't order these newest, but I'm still interested in reading about them. I hope you all are happy with the workouts.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 03:33 PM  
sherry7899

I have barely used her step boxing workouts I already have (though I followed Lauren and did not use a step) and her strength work that usually has twisting and compound moves does not work for me anymore. That is why I did not order, but I hope those who did enjoy them very much.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-18, 10:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

The compound exercises are done at a very controlled pace. You also have the option to not do the standing ab work ( I believe) with one of the premix options, but I'll have to look at the menu again to confirm that.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kcm, kcm sale, kelly coffey-meyer, music off option, sculpting rx, step boxing 2