Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-18, 11:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I had to look up wrist wraps on YouTube because I don't know much about them. That might be the way to go for me because on lower body moves it is my grip strength that causes me to stop or take breaks, not muscle fatigue from my legs.

My husband gave me a quizzical look while looking up the videos on wrist wraps because they are often led by huge powerlifters. I think he's wondering what I'm up to next!
My husband stopped wondering those things a long time ago!

CLX always makes me crazy hungry too.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-18, 04:34 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

CLX, is an awesome program, I love it! I just finished my last strength workout yesterday. It really made me lift heavier weights than never before. I was able to do bicep curls with 20lbs dumbbells during the Push phase, 12s used to be my heavier weight prior to CLX for biceps. I was able to increase my weights for every muscle groups, and like the workouts are so short, no dread at all. It was also the first time that I tracked my weights, so it really does make a difference. I loved all the phases, but Push and Lean were my favorites, on Lean Circuit 3 I loved using my step 360 for the squat w/ cross body shop, chest fly w/hip lift, kneeling overhead press and center crunch and the army crawl (with leg resistance bands), plus the push ups finishers, fun and tough. And for cardio, I just did cardio twice a week, I tried her cardio workouts, and they're fun, but I didn't like the idea of lifting lighter weight, between heavy lifting, so on cardio days I did whatever I wanted, Zumba, Jessica or Leslie Walks, Step 360 cardio intervals, Boxing, TaeBo, ChaLean shorter cardio etc. I added a short abs here and there, the one from the set was good but I found it a bit too easy, I didn't try the extreme one. After the weight workouts I usually added a 15-20 minutes long stretch, most of the time Si6 Slim & Limber, or the Stretch 1 from the Fe Fit set, I also added foam roll here and there and I liked her Recharge workout. I took a protein shake after every weight workout, and it helped because I didn't feel hungry as I usually would. I've a cap barbell 40lb dumbbell set and I bought extra plates a while ago (4 x 5s and 4 x 1.25lbs, so I was able to micro-load by 1.25 or 2.50lb, which was very helpful) with the extra plates, each weight can go up to 32.5 lbs; during my rotation I was tempted to get an extra 40lbs set, so I didn't have to change plates up and down so often, I did ended buying a 10lb weight vest, similar to the one Cathe uses on some of her DVDs, but by another brand, I like how it fits. I also got this gloves: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1CHbSQ...ection-for.jpg https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1J1rKR...Long-Wrist.jpg when I started going heavier than 20 I felt that my grips were suffering even with my weight lifting gloves, so I liked this ones, because they covered the whole handles, so they really helped with my grips.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BOILDEG-A...Pair/535488107 I see Walmart have them, but I think you could find them cheaper on eBay.

Have fun with your rotation!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 11:39 AM  
wendug

As Sweet As Sugar- Thank you for your input on Chalean Extreme! I'm happy to hear you are continuing to get great results from the program! I'm already lifting heavier than I normally would and I'm on my last week of the Burn phase! I just discovered Slim and Limber last week on YouTube and I love it! I only have her Slim Series program with Cool It Off for stretching, which is good but I don't always have an hour to do it. So I'm going to add in Slim and Limber more to really stretch out the muscles. And I'm already tiring of Burn Intervals and Burn it Off, so I'm probably going to end up subbing in some other cardio. I have added in some protein shakes after my weight workouts this past week, which does seem to help with the hunger! I have never followed a 90 day rotation before, so this is new for me! So far so good, and I like the program so much I do see myself finishing this rotation to the end!
Old 01-28-18, 04:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Way to go! I think you're doing awesome with the program and glad you're enjoying it so far, I hope you'll finish the rotation, please report back when you do! I agree, Cool It Off is great, but long, I usually do it on a rest day or when I'm very sore to do something else.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 04-15-18, 10:23 AM  
wendug

***UPDATE***

I did it! I completed my rotation of Chalean Extreme! This is my first time ever completing any sort of rotation so it is a big deal for me! I really enjoyed lifting heavier weights and found Chalene very motivating! I did have to take a few days off because of a bad cold, and I also had a few days of shoveling snow instead of doing the workouts so it took me an additional week to finish this rotation.

Before Chalean Extreme my heaviest set of weights was 17.6 pounds (my husband's adjustable dumbbells). I bought 20 pound dumbbells for this rotation and was able to add weights to the adjustable dumbbells to increase the weight to 26.4 pounds. I then added my 2.5 pound wrist weights to the dumbbells to increase the weight to 28.9 pounds which I was able to use for squats and back work! I had to get creative to add more poundage since I don't have a ton of dumbbells, but I think it worked for this round. I plan on doing this rotation again in the future, and will purchase heavier dumbbells before I do it.

I didn't lose any weight with this rotation, but I'm okay with it because my clothes fit much better, my booty is lifted, and I'm seeing muscles in my arms and stomach that I couldn't see before! I even gained 1/2 an inch in each bicep! All of the weight work, pushups, and core exercises have really helped me gain strength in my shoulders. Before I would struggle with some plank moves because my shoulders were not strong enough to support me for long. Not the case anymore! I'm excited to see how this gained strength will help me improve with other workouts!

I lucked into finding the deluxe version of Chalean Extreme at a thrift store just as I was starting the Lean Phase (fate, right?!) so was able to throw in the Lean Intervals and I've Got Abs in the lean phase. I actually think Burn Intervals was more difficult than Lean Intervals. It took me 8 weeks to be able to complete all 20 of the Sumo Burpees without stopping! I liked the Lean Phase the best because of all of the compound moves (with Lean Circuit #3 as my fave). I wasn't able to lift as heavy as in the push phase, but I did push myself to go as heavy as possible. The sweat just poured off of me with these workouts!

I don't think I was able to lose any weight because I didn't get enough cardio in. I was able to add cardio for the burn phase (where I lost a few pounds), but I was pretty spent in the push phase (gained weight) and lean phase (lost a few pounds) to do much additional cardio. I've read about people doing CLX with Insanity/Turbo Fire/Turbo Jam and kudos to them. I didn't have enough energy to be able to do that!

So Chalean Extreme is a hit for me as I LOVE the strength I've gained! But I am ready to get back to some steady state cardio sessions like step and kickboxing. I was able to sneak in a few of my fave cardio sessions on one of the rest days in the rotation ( I tried to stick to only one rest day a week, depending on how I was feeling). But I'm ready to tackle more heavier lifting in the future, too!

And I like doing rotations! Now to decide on a rotation to do next. Hmmmmm...not sure yet! I'm going to take a rest week with lots of yoga and walking and then I'm going to get to the Tracie Long workouts I purchased and haven't done yet!
Old 04-15-18, 03:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Yay Wendy!! Thanks for the update and congrats on finishing your CLX rotation!! And on your awesome results! Definitely something to feel proud of! I didn't lose weight on the scale, but I was very happy with the results as well. We surely lose some body fat with all those new muscles! Awesome that you found the deluxe kit for cheap! I also like taking a recovery week after a rotation, I think it does help to start the next one feeling fresh and energized! Way to go and congrats again!

Old 04-15-18, 04:17 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Yay Wendy!! Thanks for the update and congrats on finishing your CLX rotation!! And on your awesome results! Definitely something to feel proud of! I didn't lose weight on the scale, but I was very happy with the results as well. We surely lose some body fat with all those new muscles! Awesome that you found the deluxe kit for cheap! I also like taking a recovery week after a rotation, I think it does help to start the next one feeling fresh and energized! Way to go and congrats again!
Thanks As Sweet As Sugar! I feel strong both mentally and physically since I completed the rotation!
Old 04-15-18, 04:28 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Thanks As Sweet As Sugar! I feel strong both mentally and physically since I completed the rotation!
Awesome! And you're welcome!

Old 04-16-18, 05:47 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, congratulations!! That's a significant increase in weight you're lifting!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 10:34 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Wow, congratulations!! That's a significant increase in weight you're lifting!
Thank you!!! When Chalene says, "You are stronger than you think you are," she is sooo right!

Tags
beachbody, chalean extreme, clx, grip strength