Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-17, 02:04 PM  
ncl

Thanks! I definitely see this series as downloads in my future!
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 02:24 PM  
Cher

AnMrsDe.....between you and Gwynn (Gwynn's in my other check-in) you two are making this sound really good and do-able! I've spent some time watching clips and reading stuff on the website.....maybe this would make a good Mother's Day gift to myself!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 02:50 PM  
antbuko

Are the instruction and cueing as good as Ultimate Yogi?

ETA: Does anyone know if there is a coupon code?
Old 04-23-17, 04:01 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

I did this right after it came out and I think its wonderful!! Worth every penny!

I was surprised at how much I progressed after just 30 minutes for 30 days. I think the cueing was fabulous and the routines were all a little different.

I use them as add-ons, but I plan to do the whole 30 days again starting May 1st.

Here is the original check in thread if anyone wants a some description of individual practices.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=yoga
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 05:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

other than the run times, how does it compare with UY?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 05:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Are these downloads or streaming?
is DVD available?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 05:35 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Cher, as you know from our check-in, I've been raving about this set---you DO need it!!

The production value, cueing, and syncing of the music/breath is perfection just like in UY,

Cybersparkle, I don't think Yoga30For30 classes are necessarily harder than UY, maybe a little easier (most of them), primarily b/c they're only 30 min. instead of 60 min. As with the Core - it's great but since the duration of exercises is shorter, I feel it may be a bit easier than UY's Hardcore. But this was a plus for me since being shorter, I could stick with it more consistently. HTH!

Overall, Travis and Lauren did a fabulous job with this set!
The more I read, the more I am certain that it is just as good as UY & may be better I've had recent, surprising disappointments with a different favorite instructor & am soooo glad Travis & Lauren have raised the bar and continuing to keep it high. A relief to know my hard earned/saved pennies will be worth the effort!

being shorter, I could stick with it more consistently.
This is good news too. My mind & spirit want to do UY straight for the 108 days, but my body says, "Nope. Only 3 to 4 days straight, otherwise there will be super sore consequences!" lol

With all 30 4 30 16 practices, plus UY, plus Short & Sweet, I could manage to do Travis/Lauren yoga for at least a month straight. The easier ones would allow me to rest without using another method for a while.

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf! ~Jon Kabat-Zinn
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 05:46 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have Y30F30 and so far did several practices although I have not done a full rotation. For those that did it for 30 days straight, what changes have you noticed in terms of flexibility, strength, stamina and/or other?

I have UY and these are as good as UY, but more doable for me because they are only 30 min long. I think that Lauren and Travis are superb instructors, and music and production quality is great.

I'm glad that for the money, we have the option to download these rather than just stream. I tried streaming and it kept freezing on me, but downloads I own.
Old 04-23-17, 07:25 PM  
isebelleg44

I did the 30 day rotation, but it took me longer than 30 days. I wasn't consistent at all with the add-ons, but loved them when I did do them.

I also did a UY rotation, but it took me a few years. Personally I think 108 straight days would be too much on your body with all the chaturangas. UY got me to practice yoga on a regular basis and I love Travis. I have since branched out to Udaya and love it!

I think Yoga 30 for 30 does a better job of balancing out the tougher practices with the easier ones. There were definitely practices I liked more than others. I also love Short & Sweet.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-17, 07:26 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfreund View Post
Restore (lying on pillows for 30 minutes)
This made me laugh!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lauren brooks, roll backs, travis eliot, travis elliot, yoga 30 for 30, yoga 30 for 30 review