Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-24-16, 09:41 AM  
Eibhinn

Thanks for the explanation, Kalliope! I gotta admit I don't like the weird aggressive fitness lingo like shredding. I don't want to shred my body, that sounds like something that would require medical attention
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-16, 09:18 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Bumping. I'm on the fence. Any reviews?
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 09:54 AM  
momofcha

I've only done one so far - the glute one. It's 20 minutes and it's basically 2 circuits that you repeat three times each. Each circuit has 3-4 moves in it.

I'm horrible at remembering and I just did it. Sorry!

I know there was a combination of deadlifts, single leg deadlifts, alternating swings, two handed swings, stationary lunges, bridges and bottoms up squats.

Circuit 1 (if I remember correctly)
- bridges
- deadlift
- single leg deadlift
- two handed swing

Circuit 2
- bottoms up squats (left and right with the arm)
- stationary lunges (left and then right)
- two handed swing

I think that was it.... I did like it a lot. I added on an essentrics workout after it, but I burned about 175 calories - not bad for 20 min.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-16, 11:00 AM  
kalliope999

I'm working through week 1 of the rotation, so by Saturday I will have tried them all. I've done three so far: The Jolt (12 min), Swing Sandwich (8 min), and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (24 min). The ones I haven't tried are also short: 12, 8, and 20 minutes.

The first two were more conditioning, especially Swing Sandwich. It had lots of swing variations and also star jumps so that was the most cardio intensive. Girls/Fun today had a little more strength in the mix (deadlifts, rows, kickstand lunges) and didn't include any swings (but there were burpees!). I've also used the Warm-Up each day (5 min), which includes planking to down dog, half and then full Get Ups, bottom windmills, and bodyweight squats.

I've enjoyed all three that I've done, but then again I always like Lauren's workouts. It's fun to have more variety of moves, like the Figure 8's and Figure 8's to Hold in the workout today. None of these yet have been as difficult (cardio-wise) for me as her Vol. 1 workouts, as a comparison, but some of that is due to length. Plus, I'm still figuring out the right KBs to use for these, and I think I need to go heavier than I've been.

I'm a HUGE fan of super short workouts, but even I think I might choose in the future to do the shortest ones twice through to challenge myself a bit more. (Lauren often says things like, "if this was too easy, repeat it again or use a heavier kettlebell.") Then again, I should remember that her SUAT Longer workout schedule felt deceptively easy much of the time, but I got nice results and felt great during those four weeks.

After this week I will probably move up to the Intermediate rotation, which is repeating weeks 5 & 6 a couple of times. It's still 6 days/week, but there are 2-3 days per week that have two workouts scheduled.

I'll report back once I've tried them all!
Old 06-01-16, 06:00 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Sue and Nicole, thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. The workouts sound great. I'm buying now but still look forward to hearing more ....
Old 06-02-16, 12:30 PM  
kalliope999

Just FYI: I'm posting my thoughts on each workout as I do them, as well as a brief list of the moves in each, in the Kettlebell Kick Butt check-in. (As long as you don't mind my informal chatter!)

It's a long thread, so here are some links: I mention Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and The Maximus Destroyer on page 49, and The Jolt and Swing Sandwich on page 48.
Old 06-03-16, 07:46 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalliope999 View Post
Just FYI: I'm posting my thoughts on each workout as I do them, as well as a brief list of the moves in each, in the Kettlebell Kick Butt check-in. (As long as you don't mind my informal chatter!)

It's a long thread, so here are some links: I mention Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and The Maximus Destroyer on page 49, and The Jolt and Swing Sandwich on page 48.
Nicole, I read your comments and appreciate every informal word -- thank you!

It's nice to read that Incinerator reminds you of SUAT in that it isn't that brutal. I'm starting to do my own paper workouts. (I actually came back to VF to look for Debbie Stout's old kettlebell-Zuzana thread for ideas.) Because my own circuits work me harder than many of my advanced DVD workouts, I hoped to use the Incinerator workouts as daily "add-ons." These sound perfect.
Old 06-23-16, 03:38 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Bumping

Nicole, would you say these workouts are heavy on body weight exercises, or are they still primarily kettlebell oriented?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 10:02 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Anyone...?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 10:14 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Anyone...?
I think they are a combination. This morning I did "Bulldog" and "Jolt" and I think a fair assessment is it's a kettlebell circuit, and then a bodyweight circuit, etc.

Jolt is 8 min and Bulldog is 12 and it was the perfect combination. I added on the warm up for about a 23 min workout. Burned about 300 calories. Not too shabby for that short of a workout.

I believe she has another coupon code out there right now??? Yes, $10 off - code "summer10"

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell incinerator, lauren brooks