Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-05-14, 02:46 PM  
imhere2dance

Leslie's 3 and 4 mile walks. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout is great, too.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-14, 01:40 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I love steady state cardio! Here are my favorites:
Anything by Charlene Prickett (I still have and use her vhs workouts, step and floor cardio)
Firms: I love these because the older ones combine floor and step aerobics.
Gin Miller Simply Step, Basic Moves
Michelle Dozois Rockin Body Cardio Jam
Any Leslie workout
Stephanie Huckabee's PowerFit Cardio workouts (only 20 min long, great when I am short on time)
I forgot to add Kathy Smith's cardio workouts, especially the ones from her Project You set.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-14, 03:15 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Great suggestions.

Anyone try Cathe's step tapes she released in the last batch? I didn't buy them because I had just purchased Xtrain.

Are the as good as her classics?
Yes, yes and yes again. Both are so fun, but I seem to do the second one more, but I love them both.
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 09:40 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
My favorites are:

-Seasun Zieger's Stepping Up - no blasts or power bursts, just super fun steady state choreography and AWESOME music (with the actual lyrics)!

-Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step 2 (a little on the short side and some TIFTing but the choreography is so fun I never seem to mind)

-Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Dome Challenge. There are blasts in this and a BOSU segment, but it is well-chaptered, and I'm almost positive there's a premix without the blasts. The BOSU section is its own chapter and at the end so you could totally skip that. This is, for me, Amy's best/most fun hi/lo workout

-Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2, 3, or 4. Just skip the Power Ups section (which is always at the end) for a fun, steady state step workout. I am guessing Advanced Step Challenge 5 is fun, too, but I've never done it. I didn't care for the original Advanced Step Challenge

-Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Cardio Blast has a really fun 25 min step workout called "Athletic Step." There is also a floor interval "plyometrics" workout on this DVD

-Seasun Zieger's Z-fit Super Step. This one got mixed reviews, and while the music isn't as good as "Stepping Up," and there is a section of one combo where she gets off the beat for just a bit, it is still fun and I always seem to click with Seasun, especially her newer offerings. I wish she'd make another step workout. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

-Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Train Like a Contender (TLC) has a short but very fun boxing workout on it. I just love it and time flies. No intervals in this one. Just one steady state boxing combo after the next
I forgot about KCM's Cardio Blast! I love all the workouts on this dvd, and the premixes!
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio combat surge, steady state cardio