Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-14, 06:14 PM  
lorajc

Oh gosh just thinking about trying to put my SP together stresses me out. maybe I'll start with my Malibu Chair......have not used it since I broke my wrist last year.......I think the Chair is the hardest out of the 3 machines also,

Just so many different types of workouts I want to do and not enough tome in the day.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 08:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Don't stress! It's a cinch and we're just going to focus on our Pilates toys for a couple of weeks.

I recall now that I'm suffering from another bout of biceps tendonitis that the SP always made my arms, wrists, shoulders and hands feel better.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:16 PM  
lorajc

I know that these DVD's can't compare to the one's that come with the machines, but I've purchased lots from Balanced Body's website to go with my various machine's also. They have some that work for the SP, my Chair and the Reformer.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 12:40 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm going to quote from a prior thread on those videos:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
I recently purchased a bunch of Tower, Springboard and Cadilac DVDs from Balanced Body. I've done a couple so far and previewed them all. They are perfect for the SP. The best one so far is The Tower Workout. It's 60"...has an upper, lower and ab segment. I did it this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's fun having a variety of DVDs to use on my SP!!!!!

I actually also saw an SP for sale on Ebay last week when I was looking for the Tight on Time DVD. .....just sayin'....not trying to enable....but this is breathing new life into the SP!!!!! woot....woot
I'm also planning to use the Winsor Slimming Pilates on the SP and see how well they translate. Now I've got to get the tower workout!

ETA: Are these the tower videos that you purchased?
Old 04-11-14, 01:35 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Pat, in another thread I saw someone posted this Dvd to use with the SP.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 03:08 PM  
Sandrine

Well, you're just not going to believe this, but I am now the proud owner of a Supreme Pilates *and* a reformer!!! Only on vf, (and maybe even only on this thread ) would I admit this: I am sooooooo excited!!!

I went to pick up the SP last night and the same lady was also selling her reformer. It is the most basic "JP Pilates Performer" model, but I was able to try it out and make sure that it is long enough and in good condition, which it is. The SP is in good condition, except for one small tear in the vinyl, which doesn't bother me at all.

Thank you so much for the advice on how to fold up the SP; I set up both apparatuses (apparati?) this morning, so I do see what you mean about the difficulty w/the sp. Thanks to Pat's directions (especially the part about how to hold it when putting in the first screw) it's not that bad. For me, there's always a bit of a learning curve w/set-up and take-down.

The SP came w/only one w/o, so I'll be researching the ones you've mentioned upthread. And, in an ironic, vf twist of fate, I ran across the beginner's workout for the "performer" at a Goodwill about 3 weeks ago. I thought it would interesting to "watch" for $1, so I bought it, even though I wasn't planning to get a reformer anytime soon. Being a vidiot comes in very handy sometimes!

So we will plan to start our Challenge May 5, go for 2 weeks, and then decide what to do about continuing or regrouping periodically. I'll start us on the Check-ins and Challenges page the night before, OK?

Thanks again for enabling me.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-14, 03:13 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Wooohoooo!!! I'm so glad for you!! Enjoy your new toys!! And I agree, it comes handy being a vidiot sometimes! Haha

I'm so excited for the challenge!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 09:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Pat, in another thread I saw someone posted this Dvd to use with the SP.
Thank you! I'm going to pick it up.

Sandrine, wow what a score! A VF bonanza! I'm jealous of your reformer.
Old 04-14-14, 02:31 PM  
Sandrine

Thanks for your support and skill at enabling!! I didn't even know what Supreme Pilates was until we started "talking" on this thread. It is a great piece of equipment, very well-made and versatile.

OK, enable me some more: if you were going to get 2 of Ellen's w/o's, which ones would you get? I have the 25 minute Sculpting w/o, and ran through it last night and I see why you spoke so highly of her, upthread.

I also took Pat's advice and picked up some more clips or clasps or whatever they're called at Lowe's.

One other question: how should the safety strap be attached? I watched the "set-up" segment of the dvd and they don't mention it at all and I don't have (and can't find online) the instruction/user's manual. The safety strap is on the machine (in the dvd) but I can't tell exactly how it's attached(or what it does) so any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Sandrine
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 07:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sandrine, I have never used the safety strap and none of the videos show how to use it! I have a feeling there were going to be more videos but they never happened.

I think my most favorite of the other Ellen Croft videos are - it's either Advanced or Accelerated - and the Abs and Buns & Thighs.

Tags
carroll krieff, malibu pilates, pilates power gym, pilates pro chair, supreme pilates, wunda chair