Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-14, 02:27 PM  
Sandrine

Linda,
Thanks for your comments about the reformers. Yes, I am considering getting one--I've wanted one for several years, probably since I started doing mat work. And I only recently discovered Craig's list and its wealth of offerings. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the different models, most of which seem to be made by Stamina. So any additional thoughts, or info. is much appreciated. Any thoughts as to models or even features to avoid?

Also, your situation w/finding no takers for your used reformers appears to be pretty common. The variety of models and prices on Craig's list is amazing. Most of them appear to be in good condition, too. Too bad for the seller, but great news for me!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 02:46 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sandrine, I don't think you can wrong with anything from Stamina or any other company that makes reformers except for that thing HSN sells or sold. I don't know the name of it but it started out rather short and got longer as the person straightened their legs. It wasn't long enough for a lot of people from what I read. The only caution I would give is that if you get Aeropilates, or any brand, with the jumpboard/trampoline, be sure to get the neck support pillow. Jumping is very hard on the neck. We don't have a Craigslist for our area, or we didn't at the time. I had to use the one in the DC area. People suggested I pay them to come get it. It was a lot easier and less stressful to just dump it. With the rude local people we have here on Craigslist or Freecycle, they don't deserve anything from me. And now I'm thinking of getting rid of my Fluidity barre. What a pain!
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-14, 03:03 PM  
Sandrine

I think the thing you're referring to is the Pilates Power Gym. There was one advertised in my local paper for $50, which would have been a good price, but after reading the reviews, I was concerned about the height limitation.

While the jumpboard or rebounder looks fun, I'm more interested in the reformer for non-cardio pilates. But I really appreciate your comment about that, as I had no idea it would involve the neck and I don't want to strain mine from this.

Just in case you didn't know this, the price of a new Fludity bar has gone up, well, at least since I got mine. With the popularity of barre classes, I can't imagine that it wouldn't sell. Good luck if you decide to sell it.
Old 04-07-14, 02:25 PM  
Sandrine

Would anyone be interested in doing a 2-3 week check-in or challenge using these things?
Old 04-07-14, 02:35 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

When would you be starting?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 03:19 PM  
Sandrine

Whenever you like!! I was thinking maybe the last week of April, first week in May. I doubt that there will be many of us, so we could choose a time that works for those who respond. And 2-3 weeks will give us enough time to get a sense of possible results, but not be too much of a commitment.
What do you think?
Old 04-07-14, 03:45 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I love the idea! And the beginning of May works well for me, count me in if there is a check-in!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 10:36 PM  
Lissa

I would like to join too. I've moved several times and took them with me. I'm moving again this summer, so I want to make up my mind to either keep them or sell them.

~Lissa
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 07:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
Would anyone be interested in doing a 2-3 week check-in or challenge using these things?
Yes, I am definitely interested! I looked at my SP and came close to dusting it off last night, but I had already done a Kundalini practice and some weights and needed to start dinner. Soon - very soon! Keep us posted.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 03:00 PM  
Sandrine

I'm so excited! How would it work for everyone if we plan to start on Monday, April 28 and go through Sunday, May 11? Then, we'll evaluate and decide if we want to continue for another week or maybe make this something we do periodically (meaning repeat the challenge every 3 months or so). Or make plans to dump our equipment! If you would prefer to start on a different day of the week, please say so.

Also, since I only have the malibu chair, I'm going to throw the Fluidity bar into the mix. So the Challenge will be to spend the 2 weeks doing primarily reformer, sp, malibu chair and Fluidity, either as your main workout or as add-ons to anything else, as many of the days as possible for you, and noting in the check-in any ideas that come to mind for their use as well as any fitness changes or improvements that you experience. Our goal will be to come out of the 2 (or 3) weeks with a better sense of whether or not these things really can do what their manufacturers say they will do for us. And to help Lissa decide if she really wants to move her stuff again.

How does that sound?

Tags
carroll krieff, malibu pilates, pilates power gym, pilates pro chair, supreme pilates, wunda chair