Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-14, 11:09 PM  
pennydutch

Alton is the distinguished older gentleman in the back row of Walk Away the Pounds Express 4 mile Super Challenge. That one is on some Leslie compilation DVDs. He moves like Fred Astaire but is better looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
Okay, who is Alton? I have recently discovered Leslie, so all I know is, he is not in the Just Walk series!

I like these workouts, but it took a couple tries because of the music and the outfits. The music grew on me and I've learned to ignore the outfits.
pennydutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 11:16 PM  
pennydutch

My first impression of the Party Song one is just plain fun. It makes me laugh to watch the enthusiastic young background people try to break out into some dance moves while working out with Leslie. Leslie encourages them, but her moves are still Leslie. Leslie doing a bouncy fist pump is just hilarious. Personally, I can skip the bounces. I just sub some other moves like knee lifts.

I have the Radio Mix one, but haven't tried it yet.

Penny
pennydutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 08:02 AM  
horsemom2

I was very disappointed in the editing of both, preferring music only.

MUving to MUsic is my main focus and the choppiness of finally introducing a decent song for a short burst was driving me nuts. However, I totally reedited the routines by stringing the real tunes together. I also edited another version with all of the moves I like and replaced its audio because most of those clips had boring instrumentals.
Now I have 4 separate miles I can enjoy

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 09:53 AM  
sherry7899

Barb, you rock!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 12:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I did Party Songs yesterday ans just did my own thing when Leslie did pivots.

It was OK.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 12:27 AM  
Diana2468

Radio remixes is currently posted in you tube (full length) so you can check it out there if interested.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 08:09 AM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
I love both actually! I find the songs & new moves refreshing compared to her tons of older workouts (which I still love!) that feature mainly the same songs and moves.
Me too - well for Party Songs.

I tried Party Songs last night & really liked it.

I'll try Radio Remix soon.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 11:19 AM  
firmaniac

...now that I've done both dvds several times, I'm leaning towards Party Songs / Hits as my favorite. Both are so fun for me, but I liked the content & pace of the Party dvd. I LOL'd when they did the conga line in the closing credits- it made me wish I could've been there! What these two dvds also did was motivate me to buy new fun bright 'trendy' workout clothes (albeit from Goodwill, but w/ store tags still on - thank you corporate donations from department stores!) and throw away some tired limp past due date workout outfits. Everyone looks so cute & fun in their outfits - I'm a sucker for color coordination! Leslie is my gloom buster in January - I do the Add A Mile A Day goal to my normal routine, and I can't say enough how much I adore her. I enjoy the choreography and bursts a lot!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 11:28 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana2468 View Post
Radio remixes is currently posted in you tube (full length) so you can check it out there if interested.
I'm glad I checked it out first because this is not for me, I really disliked it.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 02:13 PM  
firmaniac

...I forgot to add that I played 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon when I did the new Stephanie Huckabee Weight Watchers 10 Minute Time Crunch dvd and saw Marie, Leslie's daughter in the production credits as a stylist! How cool! I didn't even notice if she was in the credits of these two new ones...

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alton, leslie, leslie sansone, party songs, radio remixes