Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-14, 10:27 PM  
Susan

I would have been interested if it was a workout show, but another reality show??? No thanks.
Old 01-02-14, 10:44 PM  
gigi

I've watched 12 minutes of the first episode and so far they have come across as dingbats. I don't know what else to say. I have no frame of reference as I know who they are but have not done any of their workouts or checked them out too much so maybe they are different on line when working out with them. The way they are coming across in the 12 minutes I've watched makes me wonder how they are successfully running a business!
Old 01-03-14, 12:34 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Yes, I watched the first 10 minutes and was wondering if they were pretending to be ditzy for ratings. I haven't had any exposure to them before but was hoping to see more about the workouts and food choices but it was really bad......
I'm looking at them as I write this....I think these lady are very smart and ambitious business women, I truly believe the "ditzy is for ratings. Just think about it from their beginning of You Tube, clothing, DVD's, food products etc to now a show on Bravo, "ditzy" women I don't think so. I don't do their workouts on You tube or have a purchase their DVD's or food products, I do give them props though for their fitness successes. I think they're going for a younger age group...the show just might be a success. A few years ago when Katrina was all by herself and did You Tube videos for Diet-TV she was heavier, very serious and all business.... Of course I'm speculating but I'm thinking this is probably how she really is. It's been documented by ex-reality personalities that the producer work in story lines for their reality "stars".
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 05:40 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night & wanted to do something before attempting to go back to sleep, so I turned on the t.v., & this show was on. "Ditzy" is a pretty good way to describe them on this show. I thought the show was fun to watch, but not so good that I would tape it or stay up to watch. (BTW, I got in on the last part about using pets for weights, I think that was probably pretty bad.) I do have some of their dvd's, & I like their workouts.

When I first saw this thread title, I thought that maybe they were going to have an actual workout show, like in the old days. Sigh. I guess I just need to start checking out youtube, now that I finally have a computer.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 08:50 AM  
kariev34

I liked the show. They look like they are just having fun with everything. I'm a sucker for reality shows (real housewives fan here) so it was nice to watch a reality show that didn't have drama and was light hearted.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 09:59 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
it was nice to watch a reality show that didn't have drama and was light hearted.
I do agree with this! I liked that it was drama-free, that they weren't drunk the whole time, and they were supportive of each other. I'm not a huge fan of the dingy-ness, but definitely appreciate that the whole thing wasn't drunk women fighting like so many shows that are on today. The positivity is refreshing

I can't wait till Brian and Katrina start having kids. I'd love to see how she adapts her workouts while pregnant and how she bounces back after baby. Many moons ago (pre-kids) I was shaped very similarly to Katrina, it would be nice to get back there again (a girl can dream, can't she ).

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 10:30 AM  
hotncmom

I was just thinking about how neither of them have kids, and how they will feel about getting up 1/2 hour early to do a Booty Call when their kids are in school? It just doesn't work for me, I barely get enough sleep as it is. I have to delay breakfast for an hour already because of thyroid meds. So I get up, take my meds, then get the kids up and ready and out the door and it's time to make my breakfast because I'm starving! I don't want to either 1) get up 1/2 hour earlier and be hungry for 1.5 hours or 2) do Booty Call after kids leave, delaying breakfast by another 30 minutes. Because either way for me, it's 1.5 hours from waking up until breakfast.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 10:35 AM  
Debbie

I wanted to watch this series but unfortunately, it's not available in Canada. I think they are both smart business women! I wish I could pull off something similar! It would beat sitting in a cubicle in front of a computer all day long
Old 01-03-14, 01:23 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
I was just thinking about how neither of them have kids, and how they will feel about getting up 1/2 hour early to do a Booty Call when their kids are in school? It just doesn't work for me, I barely get enough sleep as it is. I have to delay breakfast for an hour already because of thyroid meds. So I get up, take my meds, then get the kids up and ready and out the door and it's time to make my breakfast because I'm starving! I don't want to either 1) get up 1/2 hour earlier and be hungry for 1.5 hours or 2) do Booty Call after kids leave, delaying breakfast by another 30 minutes. Because either way for me, it's 1.5 hours from waking up until breakfast.
EXACTLY my thoughts! HA! I love their workouts-but I ain't getting up "earlier" than usual for a Booty Call! ha ha
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 01:46 PM  
momofcha

I watched it and I couldn't help feeling sorry for poor Brian. I like the idea of them and their physiques are incredible! But I don't think I'll last long watching this.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiu, tone it up, toned up, tv fitness programs